My husband and I just came back from a 7 night stay at the Riu Palace in Cabo. (6/12-6/19) We booked a Jr. Suite Garden view, not expecting to be placed in a "basement" type area at the very back corner of the resort with a view of the ramp for all the deliveries! The TV was ancient by at least 20 years, and all channels were English/Spanish....English shuts off sometime during the afternoon, leaving only Spanish for evening time. Sleeping was virtually impossible with all the drunk people being loud, the housekeeping rolling carts in the halls, and slamming doors, and ice machines being used at all hours. The grounds were beautiful, and very well maintained which was a plus.
The front desk people were not very polite or helpful, the food was ok, but not great, and trying to get reservations for a meal was virtually impossible....even though there were empty tables all the time, which left us to eat in town most lunch or dinner meals. Not much variety on room service either. But breakfast was usually the best if you could get up early after no sleep!!
Our beds were two full size beds pushed together to sleep on, how inconvenient as a couple!!! The housekeeping lady that came around for turn down service was a gem, the sweetest ever!!!
The last day there we had to check out and wait in the lobby for a couple of hours, they put our bags in a storage room until our airport transportation arrived, and needless to say.....they lost our luggage in that short amount of time, they had taken our luggage and put it in a room for incoming guests and didn't know which room they put it in, causing us to be very late getting to the airport for departure! At which time no one really cared, offered any compensations of any kind or anything.
For the amount we paid to stay in an all inclusive resort of this caliber, it is lacking in friendliness, food accommodations, and personality. Very unhappy with our stay, and will never book a Riu resort again, and neither will our friends!!!!
Signed very disappointed,
Sonny and Kelley Banal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos