There were 4 couples we were staying with for a week at the hotel. First as other reviews state, this is not a 5 Star property, 3 fair enough. So the theft. One couple had their safe opened and all and only the cash stolen $700. The manager and staff dealing with the issue at first said all the right things but immediately refused to accept the theft was by a staff member. Luckily the couple using the room had returned within 30 mins and discovered the theft - so the digital key card trail was easy to follow - 2 staff members had entered the room who should not have been there.... In addition the room across from this room had a similar story. The manager explained that he needed a Police Crime report and told them where the Police station was (they failed to explain it was a national holiday and only open 3 hours per day, the only other option is a long drive away in a very bad area). So no police report, and the hotel refuses any responsibility and cannot provide an explanation of the 2 staff entries and insist that the patio/balcony door must have been left unlocked and the thief must have found the very well hidden key..... So on the final try the couple went to the manager and on the same computer screen they were checking details on they saw 3 other similar crimes on the same day.......
The hotel does not warn you firstly to make sure you check the patio door.
Keep key on you at all times (not to mention this is the only hotel in years I have stayed at with keys to a safe????? perhaps to facilitate the crimes....?)
Trust no on not even staff.
We started putting the do not disturb ticket on the door, to keep staff out. On 2 occasions the door was opened by a young man, then closed - I went out and followed him, he had no cleaning equipment and briskly walked away and disappeared.
Finally the tall blonde manager sometimes can speak English and when dealing with theft issues magically cannot.......
Be warned there are many thefts at this resort that are kept quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos