This resort is truely phenomenal- we booked a week timeshare almost a year ago so finally June 7 came, and we checked in easily and quickly.
-Happy hours which travel around each of the 5 pools from 11am, so you can get 2 for 1 drinks ($9 for 2) all day if you plan well!
-The grounds, especially at night, are incredibly romantic and so well kept- the staff were even washing the steps on a regular basis and gardeners were constantly tending to the plants.
-Pitahaya's Degustation Menu was divine. The view is amazing and try to book a waterfront table early in the day. Dinner was a special occasion and expensive ($60 per head) but amazing and well worth it.
-Pools, beach and bars were incredible. Loads of options for the pools, and the off-beach swim up bar pool was a great choice later in the day and a little quieter than those on the beachfront.
-Rooms were large, kitchen a great size, and our 1 bedroom apartment had 2 bathrooms, a jacuzzi and great terrace.
-Service was outstanding, with regular drinks/food rounds at the pool.
-The view and location was to die for. Although quite a way from town, they had a regular shuttle that was $10 per person round trip into Cabo San Lucas, that was well worth the trip.
-We were offered an 'Introduction to the Resort' 3 minute tour, that we politely declined fearing it may be the timeshare blah. They did call the room for the following 2 days, at 10am, to ask when we may do the tour but we just again declined and they were fine. Think they gave up after that as it was never an issue.
-Room noise is an issue but if you request a top floor room you should be fine. We only got the occasional stilettos on the tiles above and never enough to keep us awake or annoy.
-Restaurants were expensive but we expected this so planned for it. If its a concern, definately pop into Costco or similar on the way to resort as the full kitchen can be used to whip up meals. They also dont seem to mind if you take your own food or drinks down to the pool. The onsite store is also great and you can get most things there.
Overall, we absolutely loved this resort and it truely was our best holiday ever. Timeshare owners get some compensation like 20% off some spa treatments and free use of the gym, so we felt it was fine value for the retail room rates.
Cabo San Lucas was a heap of fun and we did all the usual suspects- El Squid Row (loud and boozy but heaps of fun), MargaritaVilla (delicious!) and Cabo Wabo (great rock club).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas