I just returned from Hacienda del Mar. I booked this through RCI trade. I traveled with my daughter and her room mate (in their twenties). First the good:
The grounds were very beautiful. The rooms were large and comfortable. The service was outstanding, and everyone who worked at the resort was very friendly and helpful. The resort is not crowded onto small lots, like much of the rest of Cabo San Lucas, so the landscaping and architecture is alot more calming for a vacation. If you are a planner, you can bring your own food, drinks, etc. into the resort and down by the pool and the resort does not seem to have a problem with this.
Now the bad:
Everything is very expensive. I knew this going into the resort, so we rented a car so we weren't tied to the resort for meals, etc. But for the quality of the food, the prices were way out of line. The sushi was very good and we ate in that restuarant more than once. But the pool food was very substandard. I'm talking nachos made with cheese spread and that green slimey stuff that tries to get passed off as guacamole. Gross! The water in the room was $5.00! Drinks are close to $9! So even if you hit Costco, etc., you are still going to want to be on vacation, so get your wallet out. And the prices are going up. Their breakfast is now $16. per person, and don't even think about ordering water, that is another $4 per person.
The other bad thing that happened to us was the timeshare presentation. We were hounded to attend, and I decided to go. It was a horrible experience, and we were promised dinner for three, which we did not receive. DON'T consider this option at this resort. They are extremely rude and nasty people.
On another point not related to the resort, we felt very uncomfortable in Cabo San Lucas after the dinner hour. The girls were harrassed (not in a good way) and finally just came back to the resort before midnight. My daughter and her room mate live in a large city, so they are used to being out at night. But they were harrassed in a threatening way. Think twice if you are going into town without men or with just one other woman!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas