6 people are viewing this hotel
$272
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
8,646 results
All reviews tomatoes restaurant vacation club beautiful resort time share los cabos ocean front rented a car meal plan san jose infinity pool swim up bar family vacation timeshare presentation whale watching food and drinks lounge chairs sushi
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We actually stayed at this resort in January 2013 it wouldn't let me pick that far back.

It was a wedding gift from my husbands aunt so we were really excited!

Service was awesome and the resort was beautiful!! The food was good - not amazing - but still good.

I got a massage at the spa and it was by far the best massage I ever gotten.. And trust me I've gotten a lot of those!

The only reason I would not go back is because it's not an all-inclusive resort.. If it was I'd go back in a heart beat!

Date of stay: April 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ctrujillo, Guest Relations Manager at The Club At Hacienda Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Lazzaro929,
We would like to extend a congratulation and hope that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us! It is wonderful to know that you were happy with our service and accommodations. we hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future!

Regards

Claudia Trujillo
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I've been to Mexico half a dozen times, and always stayed in a 4 or 4.5 star resort- this resort was the worst! We were at this resort with a group of 200, and this was our consensus:

Food and Drinks
-Unbelievably over-priced.
-The cheapest lunch time "snack" on the menu is a $16 USD hot dog.
-I don't think they have emptied their deep fryer in months, the portions were small, and even if you go there loving refried beans, you will hate them in the end (served with every meal)
-For two people, no drinks, expect every meal to cost AT LEAST $50 US

-$5.40 for a bottle of water!

Beach
-B-E-autiful! Turquoise ocean, white sand.
-However, the beach is so steep that you are not allowed to swim in the ocean. The current will knock you over in 5 inches of water.
-If you want a chair/umbrella, go at 8 a.m and bring money (yes, you even have to pay for a seat!)

-Housekeeping was good (we tipped $3 US every day)
-Servers were extremely slow, and literally counted their tip in front of you
-Our lunch took over an hour (from ordering to receiving) multiple times

Surrounding Area
- Very "Americanized", unauthentic
-Costco, Walmart and other stores were cheap (that's where we stocked up on water, etc.)
-Tips are expected for everything (for example using the washroom in a restaurant). Child exploitation around every corner.

All in all, the resort is worth about half of what they charge. Not impressed!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Unni212
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at The Club At Hacienda Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We appreciate you choosing to stay at the resort and we apologize that your recent visit did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a memorable trip with service that exceeds their expectations in every way, and are sorry that we did not do that during your visit. We encourage all of our guests to bring any area where we can improve to the attention of the management team during their stay so we may provide the best possible service. If you would like to further discuss your visit please feel free to contact Nadya Dodonova at nadezda.dodonova@sheraton.com.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have stayed here three times over the past 10 years. This property has wonder grounds and a great location. There are some great rooms, however I stayed in a room next to elevator and the hotel has started to catering to large groups. We stayed a week, and there were two large (100+) groups. I felt like I was on a reward trip.

The hotel is showing it's age and the staff (restaurant) can use some training and improvement. The pool bar closes about 4:00. Really?

I also heard some complaints from the timeshare owners about change in management.

If this hotel fits your budget don't let this keep you from going, it is a nice property.

If you want a nicer place try the Esperanza. And if you stay at the Sheraton go eat dinner at the Esperanza.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Michael R
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at The Club At Hacienda Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We appreciate you returning to our resort several times over the last decade. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your most recent stay in regards to the large groups. We do sometimes host large groups for meetings or events, but we try not to have it affect our other guests. We strive to exceed the expectations of every single guest at the resort, and welcome guests to speak with the management team during their stay if there is something that they feel could be improved upon. We are glad you enjoyed the property and grounds and hope you will continue to stay with us during the next 10 years. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed for two nights with my wife and 15 month old. They were kind enough to give us a ground room floor. The house keeping was great. The resort was really well kept. The bell man were really helpful. The pool is really nice and not overly busy no problems with towels sitting on chairs going unused all day.The beach is nice to walk or swim. The only negative thing in my mind was the cost of food and drinks there and the distance from downtown cabo you had either the option of a 20$ shuttle that picks up and drops off every 1.5 hours. or a 40$ round trip in a cab.

Room tip: We stay in building 24 and it was quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank YYCjetsetter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are thrilled to hear that the staff took such good care of you and your family during your visit. We do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced with the dining options or your travel into the nearby towns. We appreciate you choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, and hope you and your family will return soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My parents are vacation club owners and we have been to the resort probably 7 times. Let me say that we love it! The rooms are very nice and clean. The resort itself is extremely nice and very well maintained. I will say I am very disappointed with the food at the resort, mainly the steak restaurant. We all ordered steak, their speciality. I got the Ny strip for $55, I believe that was the least expensive. Now for $55 I was guessing that would have been the best steak I have ever eaten. Boy was I wrong. It was dry and full of gristle. Actually all of our steaks were like that. The breakfast at girasoles is excellent and a great value. Also, the beach waiters bring great food and drinks although that has gone up in price as well. Resort is an A plus, just eat dinner out of the resort.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 153db

Dear D B:
Thank you for reviewing Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club. We're glad that you enjoyed the comfort of your accommodations and the resort amenities offered. Feedback from our clients helps us a lot and allows us to know better our customer needs in deep. Thank you for visiting us and we hope that you will be visiting us again in the future!

Sincerely