Having traveled all over the world, this resort left my friends and myself speechless with how wonderful the entire experience was. Before our trip, I emailed Claudia T, Guest Services. She promptly and quickly answered all my questions prior to us booking with the resort. She made sure that things went very smoothly. Claudia arranged our airport transportation too. Arrival and check in went very smoothly due to her efforts.==> The resort is one of the nicest in Cabo. We are now considering buying a week here it is so nice and beautiful. From the minute we checked in all the staff made us feel welcome. Even though the resort is farther always than the other resorts, this is an advantage. The resort is very well layed out. Beach easy to get to, pools beautiful. The children's area is very nice and at all times you feel safe at this resort. If you have someone who is disabled or you have small children/strollers, you can always call one of the golf carts to pick you up and whisk you around the resort. Most of the areas are very level and there are elevators in the buildings. All rooms seem to have good views -even if they overlooked the well landscaped garden. Angel H was exceptional as a bellman and often took us around in the golf cart. Girasoles Restaurant, the staff were great and the Mexican food good. Monica made sure the reservations were right. Ana and Raul remembered what we usually ordered by day 2 which made us feel special. Luis made a wonderful Margareta. Another nice touch was the birthday cake in our room which surprised us and was delicious. Even the check out went well with Gabriel's efficiency.
Tips: 1. Arrange for transportation before you come, for a little more--if there is more than one person--think private shuttle...this can be done by guest services,transcabo or one of the other services. After a long flight, we liked this better than the 10-12 person shuttle. They met us with a sign--which helped much. --> Heed the warnings and do not stop to talk with the timeshare sale people on your way out. Many of them wear the same colors and the private taxi and Transcabo staff. They will try to distract you and take your time--they will tell you they are the service when they are not. Makes things confusing.
2. If you have not been to Cabo before, try taking the Los Cabos Encounter with Esperanzatours early in your visit. Our tour guide was Armando whose knowledge of the area was very informative and his English was perfect. This tour will give you the lay of the area in about 5 hours. He can also give suggestions of other things to do in the area and insight into the culture.
3. Get a room that is higher up if you want a better view. We loved our room and the view.
4. There are many grocery stores to try--yes, you can find a Walmart here. Mega in San Jose had some different type foods.
5. Although a little more pricy--not by much--you can take the resort shuttle (10.00 USD rt) to Cabo San Lucas. There is a grocery store in downtown Cabo on Lazzaro Cardenas within walking distance of the Puerto Paraiso Mall where the shuttle lets you off. (hint: for groceries--may want to take a few light reusable cloth bags to carry items-makes it easier).
6. Since water tastes different the world over, we usually always pack these things: PUR or BRITA Water picture---this will always make your water taste good and you will not need to buy all the bottled water. Koolaid or Crystal Light, coffee, filters tend to be pricy,
7. Check the refirg before going to the store and make sure it is turned up--if the room has been empty the thermostat may be turned higher. The kitchen was perfect.
I asked many people who were vacationing if they were owners--many were long time owners and have come back year after year. Once our stay was over I can understand why this resort is rated so highly. The staff and resort itself make it a great RCI trade or place to relax at. We liked the Mexican bingo too!!! thanks to all of the staff who put fourth the extra effort to make our 60th and 65th birthdays a vacation to remember :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas