“Wonderful”

Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our stay at Hacienda del Mar was a delightful one. The service here is top notch. Thank you especially to Miguel, Jonnie, Sandra--the fun activities director, and every smiling and friendly face we saw. Everyone made our stay pleasant and relaxing. We were a family of 6 celebrating our parents' 50th wedding anniversary. From our gorgeous 3 bedroom suite, there was no ocean view, but a nice garden view, and access to the "kiddie" pool. This was convenient as the kiddie pool was very refreshing. Thank you to Natasha at the photo studio for taking time to snap some fabulous photos of our family. We loved the professional touch, and purchased a package of photos for souvenirs. Super beach to walk on, rough to swim in, but you can still get your toes wet and soak up the idyllic view. We did not eat at the restaurants, but did enjoy a few cocktails and snacks by the various pools--guacamole and chips were yummy! On the property, there are tons of little areas to explore, for taking romantic walks. The fitness center is up to date and very clean. I recommend this resort for relaxation. If you want a huge party scene, this is not the place. Ideal for us.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VirginiaTravlin1
ctrujillo, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Virginia Travlin 1:
We are absolutely thrilled with your kind review. Comments like yours make us proud and encourage us to keep on working hard and offering the best of service to our dear guests.
Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in your home in Paradise!

Warm Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,336)

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I just got back from Cabo just in time to miss the bad weather!! The hotel is a beautiful property with an immaculate beach. For those of you that want to party or spend the day in the ocean, this isn't the place for you....but if you want to relax in a quiet , beautiful location, this is your place!! The bar and restaurant prices are atrocious and there are no other choices nearby-- hence the three stars for value. All in all, I had a beautiful relaxing stay, but I doubt I would return because of the ridiculous cost of food and drinks.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear mmarci:
We hope to have the opportunity to pamper you once again in your special place in Paradise!

Thank you for choosing our Resort. We really appreciate it.

Warm regards

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in room 213 on the timeshare side and the view is fabulous! Isreal is the best waiter in Girasoles, the restaurant, they serve delicious specials every night. Tomatoes is another good restaurant located on the hotel side. Ruben made our stay memorable, he was very helpful, courteous, friendly and made us feel welcome. Sandra is in charge of the Mexican Bean-go, and is entertaining and personable. Antonia kept our room spotless! The staff became our family and we can't wait till our next family reunion! As we were leaving for home, Ruben said, we don't say goodbye, we say see you next time!

Room Tip: Get room 213, its a one bedroom and the location is fabulous! Stagger distance from the bar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Faye K
ctrujillo, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Faye K:
I would like to personally thank you for your comments ,it is a pleasure to hear we achieved our goal of providing the ultimate service and guest experience.
I have shared your wonderful feedback with our entire team, who enjoy what they do on a daily basis to ensure that each guest goes home happy!
We look forward to pampering you on your next getaway to your “home away from home”
Regards
Guest Relations

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was tasked with putting together a honeymoon for me and my wife. I took the challenge but added "I'm not going to tell you about any of it and you'll find out whenever we show up."

Ohh man was I nervous to do a time share to save some money for other things. Despite not having ocean view, having two beds ( I know not that romantic), and direct orders, "Don't use your mom's timeshare", I hit this one out of the park. My wife, being a wife, scolded me when she found out at the airport and was only able to hold on to her anger for a couple of hours (Husbands out there know this is few and far in-between victory!!!). The property was beautiful, the people were great, the beach was stunning and most of the food was exceptional. Very, Very classy place!!!

We arrived and had lunch that came to $70 for like burger and a couple of drinks and we gasped (food by pool wasn't that good either)...the thing with here and Cabo in general there are some cost saving tips that us rookies have to find out the hard way.

Here are some of the tricks I learned...

1) Happy Hour- Very important buy one get one free is a life/money saver.. and there is a rotating happy hour.. I found a print out at the concierge in the hotel side that lays out the happy hours times...$12 dollar margaritas quickly become $6 and taste so much better.

2) Building 14 ( I think ) has a restaurant on the top floor over looking the ocean (great way to start the day)... It is $13 for all you can eat breakfast/brunch, off the menu items (Not buffet style) and unlimited bloody marys and Mimosas..all tasted wonderful, fresh and very well done. I'm a coffee coinsure and it was the best coffee I had ever had. I ate a some of the most amazing dishes I have eaten for breakfast ever, including smoked marlin (just an example). We loaded up here in the late morning and were usually able to avoid the $70 lunches...

3) Besides that during the week look for rolling dinner specials and follow them. The meal at the main restaurant on the ocean (fantastic) is like $40 less if you go on that night (forget when it was).

4) Lastly, rent a car, but the trick I heard is to talk to your U.S insurance agent and add Mexican liability insurance here in the U.S, that's where the rental companies get you!!! My car rental went from $65 to $650 for the week and I was scammed down to $270 b/c of this "required" insurance. So remember BYOLI (Bring your own Liability Insurance)....

We avoided the timeshare guys like the plague but I heard they were relatively less pushy..so maybe you can get some nice things from that....

Save the best for last... THE POOLLLLL, my god it was amazing and it was what saved my honeymoon and maybe even my marriage..... the infinity edge going into the crashing waves was as relaxing as it gets. Behind you is the hotel which has a vintage Mexican style and in itself is stunning, basically you're surrounded by paradise. Being that this is basically a desert this is truly an Oasis.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
15  Thank westhemess82

Dear westhemess82:
Wow, Wow, Wow!! What a wonderful review! It is a pleasure to hear we achieved our goal of providing the ultimate service and guest experience.
I passed along your feedback to all of our team members, they were so proud to have earned such positive comments about your stay at Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club.
All of us here at Hacienda del Mar, look forward to pampering you again soon in your home away from home!

Best Regards

Reviewed September 11, 2013

From my first contact with the resort (after confirming a vacation exchange with RCI), until we glanced back for one last look on our way to the airport, I was delighted with the esplendido service and the 5Star quality of this lovely facility. It's "old world" traditional charm combined with "new world" efficiency and an excellent staff make for a perfect combination. Our villa was well-appointed, the amenities were more than we could have imagined (the complimentary shampoos and the luxurious soaps, ahhhh!). Without fail, each staff member we encountered was the perfect combination of friendly graciousness and efficiency. They anticipated our needs and made us feel welcome throughout our stay. The gentlemen at the front desk patiently helped us with our internet connection questions and our cellphone challenges (a special thank you Raphael T.!!!). The Concierge staff efficiently organized our ground transportation and tours (don't miss the sunset dinner cruise past El Arco; breathtaking!). The pools were exceptional, the staff extremely helpful. The restaurants; be sure to go to Tomatoes and to Girasoles. The 80 minute massage at Catcus Spa was heavenly (thank you, Vicki!). The lush grounds provided a perfect background for a relaxing stay that greatly exceeded our expectations. We recommend this location without hesitation!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank KJGW

Dear KJGW:
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! Describing your visit as “Esplendido!” is true high praise and very much appreciated.
Thank you as well for your wonderful comments about the staff and the service that they provide. They all truly enjoy what they do and I am always so happy when their efforts are recognized by our guests. Your kind comments are being shared with all of them!
Hurry back soon, you home in Cabo awaits you and we look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful vacation!

Regards

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am here about every 3 months and it is by far, the best place to stay in Cabo. The location, the facilities and the service. When I read the below listed reviews, I just laugh. Go to the grocery store. Get meals for the am an lunch and go out at night OR rent a car. I think all of the things you are moaning about is not about the resort but you! I don't like staying downtown Cabo...trashy, smelly, etc. This is truly a wonderful resort. I send many friends and they have not once cried about anything anyone else has moaned and groanded about. When in Mexico, so as the locals OR stay at the One &Only Palmia, pay 10 times then amount then you can complain about the price and nothing will be up to your par. Geeze

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda B

Dear Linda B:

Best Regards
Guest Relations Manage

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The resort was lovely, but it's a long (and expensive - $30 US each way) taxi ride into town. So if you want to get groceries (since it's a condo) or want to check out any of the restaurants and shops in town, it isn't very convenient. The restaurants are good, but they get repetitive if you're there for a week or longer, and sometimes it's nice to be able to prepare your own meals so you can be more casual.

The staff is helpful. The pools are great, but you have to literally get up at 6:00 in the morning to reserve a chair. Otherwise, when you go to the pool, all of the chairs are taken even if the people never show up for the day. That's frustrating, but not much you can do about it unless you're willing to move other people's things.

Best advice would be to drop everything off at the hotel, and make a run into town to stock up on provisions for the week. And if you do want to check out any of the local attractions, see if you can find some other people to split a cab to make it more affordable.

Room Tip: It's a vacation rental club, so you're pretty locked in. But the newer section does offer m...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SunnyLake

Dear SunnyLake:
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay at Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club. All the comments that we hear from our dear guests, are very valuable to us, and it keeps us focused.
We look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor.

Sincerely