Warning: this is a time-share resort. On the first day, they will keep you in a 3 1/2 hour presentation trying to sell you a time-share for $40,000 (they tell you it is only a 75 minute "tour of the resort"). You can tell them from the beginning that you don't want to buy it, but they still take you on the tour. Suggestion: just don't go in the first place, although I am not sure if they will keep calling you to go on it.
After the sales pitch, the rest of the stay was kinda nice. The beach/sea was nice (strong undercurrent, but manageable); the pools were nice and heated (we went in december). There are people on the beach trying to sell you necklaces, blankets, etc. They normally leave you alone if you simply tell them "no," but some are more pushy than others. Also, the salespeople stay on the beach and do not go onto the resort grounds (although they get as close as humanly possible). Our room was ok, but it smelled of sewage. We were on the third floor of a four-floor building and on the fourth floor was a restaurant. The restaurant itself was good, but we constantly heard chairs and tables moving above us when we were in the room.
If you were looking for anything other than lying on the beach and swimming in the pools, DO NOT GO HERE! You are literally surrounded by desert and ocean; the only sign of civilization is downtown Cabos San Lucas which, for all intents and purposes, is nothing more than a tourist trap. If you want any semblance of culture, you have to go to San Jose. We did not go because there was no shuttle there and it would have been a $60 cab ride. Moreover, we were not impressed with the description from the front desk on what to find there.
Bottom line: if you want to lie on the beach all day, go here, but stay at the hotel and not Hacienda del Mar. If you like experiencing culture, visiting the surrounding area, or generally prefer not feelng like you are confined to one small area of the region, do not go here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas