Our friends, my husband, and I stayed here the first week of December. For many years, we normally trade our timeshare for any Grand Mayan, but this time wanted something different. After reading the wonderful reviews here on TA, we decided to stay here. We had a two bedroom suite. We made this reservation back in April. We checked in about 1:00. We knew we couldn't get our room right away and were willing to wait. We asked for an ocean view and were told that when we checked in, we might get one. We were asked to come back at check in time, at 4:00 which we did. The room we were given was not an ocean view, but a view of the front of the lobby where the cars drop off guests. We were told that all the ocean view rooms were gone by guests that got their rooms before 4, huh?. Perhaps it was because we declined the time share presentation?? It was a rather irritating start, and hopefully next time we stay here, we will be granted a better view room. It turned out to be a much quieter location than we guessed.
The rooms were beautiful. Balcony was large and everything in tip top shape. A/C was perfect and so quiet you didn't even know it was going on and off. Gorgeous bathrooms. Great kitchen with a dishwasher and big fridge with ice and water in the door. A washer and a dryer. Beds were comfortable. Bedding very nice with down comforters. TV's were all flat screens in all bedrooms and living room. Great selection of channels. .All these amenities are not in any Grand Mayan we have stayed at.
The grounds are gorgeous and so well maintained. There is a variety of pools with comfortable lounges. Maria, the pool towel attendant, is one hard worker. Managing the towels, cleaning the bathrooms, helping with pool umbrellas, polishing the chrome, and all with a genuine smile. All the staff were very nice. The front desk staff weren't as friendly however.
The reason for the 4 stars was because their internet policy is extremely confusing and possibly deceiving. We have to work while we are vacation as we are self employed. It would be so wonderful if we didn't need to, but such is life in this economy. We are still confused by the way the internet works. It appeared that one computer in the room would get 30 minutes free internet every day. That is nice, but we had three. You can purchase an hour or 24 hours. 24 hours is roughly $13. It says on the screen where you sign up that you can use three computers on that 24 hours, but you can't. I can understand if you wanted to use all three computers at one time that that wouldn't work, but we wanted to use them one at a time. No go. When checking out, I had to fight to get some compensation for the deception, and finally got two days taken off. Maybe because there were many people in line waiting to check out? Not sure, but I was glad Oliver made some kind of gesture, but not happily, I might add. Honestly, internet should be FREE. There are lots and lots and lots of hotels that offer free internet.
We only had two meals while we were there. The Mexican restaurant was very good and has a great view. The one poolside restaurant was good, but extremely expensive for pool food.
The beach is very nice for Cabo. We snorkeled right off of the hotel often and were very lucky to see such a vast variety of fish. We mostly snorkeled on the right side of the rocks on the right side of the beach.
We really loved it here and will definitely return next time we are in Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas