We own a one bedroom Master unit and this year we had an ocean front. It was very nice. Although the unit we bought and our contract guaranteed us a one bedroom with two full baths, the sales people never tell the truth and there are NO units like that ocean front, so we had one bedrm and 1 bath. The front desk manager, Roland Pech llanes was extremely helpful in getting that all sorted out for us. And one of his employees, Carlos came and helped us get our wireless all connected properly and the contracts person Roberto was very helpful and cordial as well.
If I have any negatives it is about the sales people we have to deal with when we go through the owner's update session. I swear I will not do it ever again. They are the rudest, most aggressive pushy people. They lie, then the operations folks like the ones I have mentioned, have to clean up the mess the sales people make by telling us as owners and guests what the REAL truth is.
Anyway, the property is lovely, lots of birds, foliage, flowering plants and about 10 pools. We bought in 2005, exchanged our unit through RCI until 2010 then returned, liked it, and returned again this year 2012. I will book our week for early December 2013 hoping we can get a one bedroom Executive ocean front and be there in time for the turtle eggs to hatch and get to see the babies rush to the sea. Hopefully the whales will be there too, we missed both as we were early this year.
The interiors are in definite need of refurbishment. They owners have focused on expansion and not on maintenance. While everything worked, it is looking very tired, the tile grout is coming out and they do not have washers and dryers in units like many others do, or yes, and no ovens and no grills except over by two new units built last year. We are happy to be owners and will most likely not bother to trade again as HDM does not have very high trading power within RCI.
Still, a very nice resort, restaurants are pricey, we like Grizoles best, did not care for breakfast at Tomatoes.
Lastly, I can't say enough about how helpful the staff all around this resort are. They are what makes coming back feel good. That's it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas