We and two family members stayed at the Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club for two weeks in June. We were there on an RCI exchange. Overall, we are torn between a three and four star rating. Let's call it a 3.5.
We were assigned a second floor unit looking out at the reception building and the parking area (and, believe me, we requested a better assignment). The unit was nice enough with two generous bedrooms, two and one-half baths, and a large terrace with a table and four chairs and two chaises. These amenities were not the best we've had at Los Cabos resorts. One disappointment was the kitchen. The number of settings, serving pieces, cookware and utensils were stingy. The coffee maker didn't always function properly. Some days we had adequate towels and bath mats; others we were a bit shorted. The bathrooms were a little dated.
Our first night we were awakened by loud talking and laughter outside about 2:30 AM. At first we thought it was folks stumbling in from the bars and passing by on their way to another unit. But the noise didn't move away. After 15-20 minutes of this, we dressed and went out onto the terrace. To our amazement, we learned that it was two staff members carrying on a conversation outside the reception building as though they were in their living room. Even a shout down didn't get their attention. A call to the front desk said it would be taken care of, which took another 8-10 minutes. The management of a fine resort would have personally apologized or sent something next day to apologize for this serious breech of staff etiquette. It was never mentioned.
A number of individual staff members were truly great, upbeat and going to lengths to be helpful. But in general, some of the staff seemed either to not have been well trained, or to be indifferent, when compared to other resorts in Mexico where happy greetings and kindly offers of help are found at every turn. In particular, the wait staff at the beach were hard to track down even though occupancy was not at peak.
The food was okay, but simple lunch choices were generally overpriced, in the $12 -14 range. Mixed drinks were about $10, expensive unless you availed yourselves of the numerous 2 for 1 offerings. However, cocktails were very well made. See separate review for the resort's fancy dining venue, Pitahayas.
Some of the activities were good, e.g., zumba, stretch.
The pools and beach were generally well kept. Little wooden walkways across the sand were nice. Other little touches were not. E.g. Leaves in the hallway, bird droppings on stairs and some sad-looking fabric flowers in the hallway.
We enjoyed our stay and might give the resort another try sometime. But first we'lll probably look elsewhere for our next exchanges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas