“Just as described and pictured”
other travelers have booked this property
Living area
Building and; pool/ end unit 2nd floor of 42 units ! This is your free car ! Take a trip to LaPaz shopping, return dinner Hotel California  ToddoSantos!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Living area
Building and; pool/ end unit 2nd floor of 42 units !
Entry
Kitchen
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bedroom
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Donna M
Olds, Alberta
“Ad is a bit misleading!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

My husband & I stayed in this unit for 3 weeks. I initially booked for 1 month and was charged $2300.00 USD, $2770.00 CDN. I realized PRIOR to going that We only needed it for the 3 weeks and asked if I could get a refund for the extra week I did not need (he was moving us to a smaller unit for that week anyway) but the answer was no, not unless he rented the smaller unit out which would have been a cheaper price anyway!!
REGARDS TO THE AD, Russell DOES NOT let you use the car, there is no phone to use its not even hooked up, there is no "Professional Laundry Service", a lady that lives there does it, in not the cleanest looking area and the closet is not a large walk in. We were also told you could buy water from the ladies who tend to the place, but every time I asked them they were out so had to haul water from the store constantly.
The unit itself was good, needs a few things added for everyday use which I mentioned. Pool was very, very cold but nice.
Our overall stay was ok, but I definitely would not pay that price again to stay there, and I am still pissed off I had to pay for a week we weren't even there, and it sat empty anyway.
Russell is an ok guy, he treated us good, but I wouldn't want to upset him in anyway.
Bottom line.....update your advertisement and lower the nightly price. I know there are better deals out there now that I have done my research.
Thanks.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Mar 3, 2018
There is no car for use ???. Noone compains about the laundry service. Water is for sale on the property but I can not comment on that as it is not part of my service. There is laundry service on the property but you must have pissed them off and as far as a partial refund you addmitted it was your mistake on the dates. Thank you for your stay. $100./night for that location and suite, the best deal in Cabo, have repeat visitors all the time.
SnosibeRa...
100 mile house
“Terrible Experience.”
Reviewed April 21, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

The website shows a charming terra cotta painted condo complex with a small pool and well kept grounds. The beach is about a 20minute walk. I rented and paid in advance from Dec.11th – March 11th. Russell Jackson from Vancouver Island, advertised the apartment.It was not disclosed to me beforehand that there were serious problems especially water shortages in the complex.

When I arrived on the 11th December I noticed that the condo had not been cleaned. The shower unit was moldy with a broken rusty shower head that was so blocked up it wouldn’t work so I bought a new showerhead (at my own cost) and a large bottle of bleach to clean the bathroom as best I could. The kitchen equipment was non-existent apart from a well-worn very grimy two-burner cook top. There was no oven. I bought a frying pan, sharp knives, chopping board, coffee cup, kettle and a spatula again at my own cost. I later donated all of this to Feeding Cabo Kids. The website stated that there was a blender and a toaster. After many emails to the owner he later brought his own toaster from home, which was full of breadcrumbs that obviously had not been cleaned in a long time. I was never offered a blender.

The most serious issue in the complex was the lack of water. The water was turned off every day at 9am and turned on again at around 7.30pm and off at 9pm. Sometimes there would be no water at all for 3 to 4 days. Other occupants would take buckets of water from the pool. The owner then installed a large water container in the living room to store water, unfortunately the container had not been cleaned which left the water supply dark brown with bits of plastic floating around. . He also kept another plastic container next to my bed, together with a broken very soiled fridge from another unit, which I later complained about and together with the owner; I moved them out of the condo. After a month, I finally had a little more space in the unit.

The unit overlooks the condo pool. It can get very noisy with lots of small children playing. It is not heated and very cold, but, its very refreshing especially if you are unable to shower for a few days. This unit is located in an area of Cabo offering massage parlors, strip clubs and a number of bars. It is very close to all of the action that Cabo offers. The units are very old without insulation; every noise bounces off the walls. The unit is very dark inside as there are no windows except for the two bathroom windows that back onto a large container. There are many feral cats surrounding the building, which is good as they keep the mice and rat population down. The front door also had a sliding glass door, together with a heavy wooden door to allow light into the condo; perhaps this was an advantage as there was a huge amount of theft happening in the area. There is no private balcony, only a narrow walkway for other tenants to use.

Internet service was sporadic, the best time was between 6am and 8am, and this was fine for me as I am an early riser. There was a TV in the bedroom, however I didn’t use it at all, so cannot comment. The best thing about the condo was the Queen size bed. It was stain free and comfortable. I was given one set of bed linen, so took them to a place just around the corner who had everything ready for me by the evening cost 65 pesos. There are a couple of helpful Mexican ladies who live on the ground floor and will wash your clothes for you; however, it takes a few days due to the lack of water.

If you are able to ignore the grunge and grime of the place then the location is ideal for bar hopping and parties downtown.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
stephen s
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Just as described and pictured”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

I selected this apartment due to its location - it's close to downtown cabo, a 30 second walk to the restaurants, bars, marina, mall and a short distance to the beach. The condo is exactly as pictured, spacious and safe. Russell is a great host and I recommend both him and his properties.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The view
Traveling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing