“Loved it !!!”
Review of Marejada Baja Bistro & Barra - CLOSED

Marejada Baja Bistro & Barra
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kitchen Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 5PM to 10:15 PM we close on Mondays. We are located 30 feet away from the corner of the Hidalgo street on Francisco I Madero (one way street), we are in the street level of the Big Yellow Public Parking Lot, we have 2 hours free parking with your meal
Portland, Oregon
“Loved it !!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is not a typical Mexican restaurant. Yes, the chef, Miguel Luna, is a native Mexican, but his cuisine is more like something you would eat in New York, Seattle, or any upscale restaurant with a Latin flair. It was a very refreshing dining experience from the other Cabo eating establishments. We enjoyed it so much that we went twice during our stay. My husband ordered the catch of the day both times (seabass and yellow fin tuna served with spinch and mushrroms. I had the chicken chimichurri and braised short ribs. They also offer dinners paired to the drinks you order, not just wine. This is a small restaurant, so make reservations or arrive early, since they tend to start filling up after 7:00. It has been open only six months, but we see it as a future longstanding favorite. Our wait staff Hugo and Homer were excellent and very accommodating. The location can be a little tricky to find, but it is not far from the marina and only two or three blocks off the main street through town.

Visited January 2014

Holly Springs, North Carolina
“I wanted to like this restaurant”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I use tripadvisor a lot when I travel so naturally we went to the # 3 pick in cabos on our last night. We made the reservation for 8:30 when we arrived they seemed surprised to see us but quickly made up a table. hmmm We sat down and it took about 15 minutes to get menus double hmmm. Eventually they came over to take a drink order we were sitting right in front of the bar. I ordered a magarita and my friend ordered a sangria. The asked our wives but they wanted wine and did not know at that point white or red. No drirks came they did come by several times to ask the ladies but they had not ordered the food. After a half our my margarita came and it was good. The food got ordered and another long wait it came. I had the shrimp sliders which were good however it came on a plate with flashing lights which if I had epilepsy would have given me a seizure I eventually found out how to turn it off, My wife and our friends wife ordered the catch of the day pompano which was inedible due to being way way over salted. All in all the restaurant was having a bad night the service was subpar and the food at least 2 dishes were inedible. Any restaurant can have a bad night and as a tourist not a professional reviewer your stuck however be aware that at least on one night this place was not ready for prime time

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank DavidZ267
langhorne, pa
“Didn't live up to TA reviews”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

As other reviewers have said, this place was a bit hard to find. It is very cute and quaint inside. It is a tiny restaurant and we were a party of 7. We had to wait for menus because another party our size apparently had all of the menus. It is a very small and limited menu so check ahead if you have picky eaters. The guacamole was fabulous as reviewed and beautifully presented. The sangria that was raved about by some reviewers was typical Cabo sangria- wine and lemonade- although some additional spirits were added. One of us ordered the 4 course tasting menu which was to include 2 apps and 2 mains. The first app came with the rest of ours, of which only the 4 strawberry salads were declared a hit. The main courses came together with the second app of the tasting menu. One pizza main came out wrong and they immediately sought to remedy the error. They brought an extra salad in the meantime which someone else ate after not caring for the shrimp sliders- apparently a specialty of the house. The replacement pizza came out before either main of the tasting menu! Granted all of the staff were dealing with a locked bathroom door issue ( no one inside) which provided our evening's entertainment while waiting for our food. Eventually, after we were all done eating we asked them to cancel the rest of the tasting menu which had never arrived. We were told one course was ready but by then we just wanted to leave. The staff was sincerely apologetic for the slow service, kitchen mishaps and bathroom drama and brought out complimentary dessert and tequila shots. Overall they tried hard but fell short of the other reviews and our expectations.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank tammilip
Modesto, California
“Yellow fin”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The fish of the day, yesterday, was Yellow fin tuna. Wow, they know how to prepare and present it. The fish, vegetables, sauce and presentation on the plate made this entree a wonderful treat. We were early on a Saturday night. Yet, the team of waiters made great recommendations and made my wife a Mojito Special, without alcohol. The creme brulee was over-shadowed by the treat of the tuna... Thanks Marejada!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank ModestoDenny
Elora, Canada
“Amazing Restaurant! Eat here!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Based on many TripAdvisor reviews we chose Marejada Baja as one of the restaurants we wanted to visit during our vacation to Cabo in mid November. We absolutely loved everything about this restaurant and have been telling everyone we know in Canada that if they visit Cabo, they also need to visit this restaurant.
As mentioned in previous reviews this place is very small. I was surprised by its location, and if you do not have the exact address, you may miss it. It is on a side street a bit out of the way but don’t lets it’s size discourage. It is very intimate and clean and quiet enough for a romantic dinner (if that is what you are looking for). We very much appreciated and enjoyed the fact that the chef comes out of the kitchen to visit each table to see how you are enjoying your meal and is very engaged with his clients to know more about where they are coming from,how they heard about the restaurant and what they enjoyed about their meal.
The meal was spectacular and we are still talking about the ceviche we had! We had the Ceviche tasting (by far the best ceviche I have ever tasted). My husband and I were fighting over the last bites. We also started with the guacamole which was amazing as well. It comes with the most incredible homemade tortilla chips. The chips have just the right amount of heat (chili) and salt on them. I had the soba noodles, which were wonderful (shrimp, broccoli and cilantro – oh so good) but I have to admit I did not finish it because I was so full from the appetizers. My husband had the Pollo Chimichurri and really loved it! Disappointingly, we were too full for dessert. Maybe next time!
My one word of advice and what we found a bit awkward was that they did not have a drink list at all or prices listed for any of their wines. I would suggest either a weekly drink special list or a drink menu as we had no idea what they had. I ordered a margaritas because I did not know what they “could” make us, only to find out after they had Sangria (which I would have ordered) or wine by the glass. They do list their wines available on a chalk board near the bar, and since we are not from the region we were apprehensive in ordering a whole bottle of wine as we did not want to be surprised with perhaps ordering a $200 bottle of wine. We were not comfortable with asking how “much” each bottle cost, so we just opted for what we knew…..a margaritas and a cerveza. Also a list of available beers would be good too (with prices). This restaurant is by far one of the best restaurants I have eaten at in all my travels, and it’s so wonderful to know that in a place like Mexico something like this can exist and thrive. If you come to Cabo – believe me, EAT HERE. You will NOT be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank CfromCanada
OrXataCocina, Owner at Marejada Baja Bistro & Barra, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting you review, it is much more appreciated, I am very happy that you found us to be as good as you heard our food and service, I found my guests to be the most important part of us, and we do everything in our power to send them home happy and wanting to come back, thank you for recommending us, we could never afford your good recommendations, we have printed our wine and cocktail lists with the prices in them to avoid any confusion with the prices, I feel very happy when you say that this is "one of the best restaurants I have been in all my travels" , hopefully we will see you on your next visit to Cabo, until then, please have an excellent day.