“CHARMING place with excellent food”
Review of Marejada Baja Bistro & Barra - CLOSED

Marejada Baja Bistro & Barra
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kitchen Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 5PM to 10:15 PM we close on Mondays. We are located 30 feet away from the corner of the Hidalgo street on Francisco I Madero (one way street), we are in the street level of the Big Yellow Public Parking Lot, we have 2 hours free parking with your meal
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Cabo for 20 years and Marejeda was recommended to us by the co-owner. We absolutely LOVED our meal from the drinks to desserts. Our kids are picky and they also enjoyed everything. We highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for an excellent dining experience.

OrXataCocina, Owner at Marejada Baja Bistro & Barra, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for uploading your review, it is very rewarding to us here in Marejada to have met your standards and that you found us to be a excellent culinary experience, we give our 110% everyday to satisfy our guests and to be up to par with your expectations, we hope to see you on your next visit, once again thank you and have an excellent day.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Simply put it, I was disappointed with the food here after reading reviews. It's a small, intimate space and I liked that. We had chef's tasting and only one dish was really good (catch of day sashimi). The remainder courses were just ok. Pricey for what you get, I thought.

2  Thank Danielli C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for uploading your review, first of all, it makes me very happy that you found one of our dishes covered your expectations, on the other hand, I wish we could have customized more appropriately your tasting menu to your palate, we do our best to provide our guests with top quality Baja ingredients and fusion flavors from all around the world with them, we are going to keep adding new items to our menus, and hopefully next time you visit us you can find more items that satisfy your palate as the Tiradito did, once again thank you for your comments and we hope to have you back soon to try some of our new dishes.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We ate here Dec. 19, early in our 7-day Cabo vacation. The meal was so wonderful that before we finished we made a reservation for Dec. 24, our last night in Cabo. Everything we had was A+ - chef Miguel Luna can really cook. The 1st night we had the best guacamole I've had and I followed that with a mushroom and shrimp appetizer and the catch of the day which was vieja, a light white fish. Last night I did the 4 course tasting menu - they are very flexible, you can pick any 4 things from the menu. I had sashimi, tuna taquitos, octopus and the marlin, which was last night's catch of the day and done perfectly. My wife had lentil salad both nights, a shrimp and soba noodle entree the first night and a chicken entree last night. I tasted all her great food too .
I don't normally write reviews, but the food was so great, this place deserves it. Bring a map ror your taxi driver - it's a small place, seats about 28, and both night's the taxi driver had no clue, but my maps got us there.

1  Thank Jeffrey K

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we can not afford your good recommendations, it was a pleasure having you for diner twice in your weeks stay, we look forward on having you as our guest on your next visit to Cabo, so you can try some of our new dishes and wines, until then, have an excellent day.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I've been coming to Cabo for the last 18 years and have gotten into the habit of going to the same "favorite" restaurants. We decided to try something different and found Marejada on the internet. It was hard to find (3 different taxi drivers hadn't heard of it) but so worth it. We had the catch of the day sashimi style which was unbelievable as well as the flank steak, chicken and short rib. Everyone's meals were delicious. We'll definitely be returning!

1  Thank VanessaWes

Dear Guest,

Thank you for uploading your review, it is very rewarding when our guests leave happy and satisfied with their meals, thank you for taking the time on finding us and that we covered your expectations, we hope to see you on your next visit to Cabo, until then, please have an excellent day.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were staying at a local All-Inclusive and decided to go out for a night and treat ourselves. Marejada exceeded all expectations. While talking with Chef Luna, we found that he had worked for and trained under one of our favorite Chefs back home, Richard Sandoval. We both had the 7 course tasting menu. It is a little pricey, but well worth the cost. Our second course of Sashimi with pineapple and ponzu might be the best bite of food I have ever had. From there everything else was great. I highly recommend this spot and will for sure return on our next trip to Cabo.

2  Thank Matt M
OrXataCocina, Owner at Marejada Baja Bistro & Barra, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I would personally like to thank you for uploading your review, It makes me very happy when our guests leave happy, it feels me with joy when you say that "might be the best bite of food we have ever had" that makes us work harder and keep improving every day, thank you for your complements and we hope to see you soon.