“Suprisingly pleasant, superb food, excellent service”

Dos Mares Marina Grill & Bar
Ranked #123 of 634 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We walked the gauntlet of restaurants along the marina in Cabo and Dos Mares stood out due to the patio on the water side of the boardwalk and servers who did not plead with you to come in. We studied the menu and were attracted to the two different civeches for lunch.
We could not have made a better choice of restaurant or lunch.
Prompt service, but not in-your-face.
My wife had the civiche trio which was three different civiches beautifully decorated and plated.
The taste was even better.
I had the civiche basilico with a bit of hot sauce on the side. Fresh fish and shrimp on a bed of avocado with finely chopped peppers and onion topped with slivers of celery. I actually just stared at it for a moment before tasting. Superb.
Nestled amongst the usual Hard Rock Cafe's and Harley Davidson burger joints, this place stood out head and shoulders above their neighbours.
With two beers the bill was about $26 USD.
Not just reasonable, but a bargain price considering the service, atmosphere and food presentation and quality.
My recommendation is: We will return !

2  Thank ed3339

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Beautiful romantic setting with seals swimming in the marina below our table. Soothing good music played by saxophonist throughout our dinner was a bonus. The ahi tuna was incredible and the ceviche was out if this world with oranges, basil, oregano, and cilantro. Our waiter was charming and professional and gave amazing service. We preferred the California over the Cadillac margarita but both were good. We will be back.

2  Thank Meg H
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Waiters are very accommodating. Good value and quality. Convenient location on the marina but not in the congested area. Worth trying.

1  Thank myopinion75
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were on a cruise ship with terrible food. So when in Cabo we were looking for a gourmet, healthy, tasty lunch.We walked the whole waterfront and the menu stood out. The patio hangs over the water, has a modern vibe. We grabbed a seat on the patio and they were having 2 for 1 beer special and we ordered them to sip while we studied the menu. I got the ahi sashimi. It had a citrus (manderine orange) chili oil dressing with a bit of goat cheese mixed with cranberry. Sounds like an odd combo but was to die for! You do not have to be dressed up, but the food is first class and the service is excellent. Not really a good place for kids, don't ruin it for the other diners.

2  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I stopped here for dinner after walking for blocks trying to find another restaurant to no avail. We enjoyed our meals; I had a mushroom soup followed by the Lobster and my wife had a salad and Mahi-Mahi.....all very good, great service and a beautiful view of the marina.

2  Thank Dave P