“"Panterra"”

$90.00*
and up
Snorkel Luncheon Cruise in Los Cabos
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing both water-based day trips and multi-day expeditions in La Paz and Cabo San Lucas.
Los Barriles, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Panterra"”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have experienced yet another amazing & unique Panterra Expedition in Oct. this year. This particular expedition, the “Journey of Giving”, gave me the opportunity to voluntarily offer the gift of giving to those in need, but more so to help teach them basic needs. The smiles on their faces & in their hearts left me with the feeling of accomplishment & love for this purpose.
I have participated & journeyed with Lela’s Panterra a few times & each time Panterra grows more & more in educating us in the awareness of the Baja & her Sea of Cortez. The staff are amazing, her Captain has been with Panterra for a good 15 years & between the 2 they guide their clients with safety first & comfortability with the adventures set out thereafter.
There is such an amazing diversity here; the people, the culture, the history, the land, flora & fauna, wild life & of course the rich colorful aquarium in marine life, absolutely breath-taking. For myself, 1 expedition is not enough. With Panterra we learn so much & yet at the same time enjoy the adventures of sightseeing from the pangas, snorkelling, hiking, beachcombing, kayaking, whale watching or just relaxing, it just goes on.
The Baja, Sea of Cortez & Lela’s Panterra has so much to offer. I am thankful & also honored to experience, in my opinion, to be truly, “one of the many Wonders of the World”.
Kareema & Jim (now retired in the heart of Baja, Los Barriles!)

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kareema J

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been on three trips with Panterra to the Sea of Cortez. I didn't really know what to expect on my first trip as I had never been on an eco-expedition before. I realized very early on to expect the unexpected. During the trip, every adventure was planned out by the staff but if there was something exciting going on in the sea, the plans changed immediately so that we could experience what was happening in that moment. I was able to see some amazing things including an island that is the home of hundreds of sea lions and a smaller, more remote island, made of nothing but rock that was the home of several fishermen and their families. I explored a beach that had fossils falling from the cliffs. We encountered whales (humpbacks, blue whales, finback whales) and hundreds of dolphins swimming alongside the ship. One day we watched hundreds of sting rays flying out of the water and before they slipped back into the sea you could hear, what I call their wings, slapping the water. While snorkelling I saw all of the beautiful and interesting fish I thought I would only see in magazines. I was delighted to see sea turtles while watching scientist collect measurements for a research project. I witnessed pelicans doing their funny flop into the water while they were fishing in a bay full of sardines. At night I participated in an astronomy lesson delivered by a Panterra staff member. The evening sky on the Sea of Cortez is unbelievably clear because there is no light pollution. There are so many special moments one can experience in a single trip, there just isn't space to write them all down.
The trip was planned very well by staff from the pick up at the airport right down to the quaint and lovely little hotels where our group stayed for the last night or two of the trip. I always felt safe and, to some extent, pampered.
Anyone that appreciates nature and wants to see it up close with very knowledgeable people guiding you through the adventure should sign up for an eco-expedition with Panterra.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Patricia F
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Three Years in a Row”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Panterra Eco-Expeditions helped to facilitate spiritual and healing trips for small groups that wanted to connect with the Gray Whales in Mexico. All three trips that I hosted were wonderful, we had life changing experiences and made life time friends. The travel was well organized and well facilitated, we felt safe and taken care of. The Panterra staff members went out of their way to ensure that all members had an equal experience, which meant that every single one that attended was considered at all times. As an organizer I felt confident that I could trust the organization to deliver a reliable and memorable adventure. I was never disappointed, they always exceed expectations.

Visited January 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I joined Lela and the Panterra team for 8 days of amazement on the Sea of Cortez. We were greeted at the airport and driven in an air conditioned van to La Paz. Our driver provided excellent information and answered our questions about the area during the 2.5 hour drive. We were then placed in a funky hotel complete with roof-top patio and escorted to an excellent local restaurant for dinner. The next day we boarded the ship and set out on our adventure. The Sea of Cortez and the land surrounding it are absolutely spectacular..........we were constantly surprised by the amount of sea life.....everything from whales, dolphins, sea lions to little rays leaping out of the water. Lela's knowledge of the area and sea life made the trip so interesting as everything we looked at was explained in great detail so we had an understanding of just "exactly" what we were experiencing. Lela is high energy so there was never a dull moment for the any adventure seeker. We explored in the pangas & kayaks at sea, hiked on land, snorkeled, dove with sea lions, visited remote villages and had an experience that was very unique. The food was fantastic. All in all, we felt right at home with the Panterra crew and to this day keep in touch. I would recommend any Panterra trip as each and every one them is unique. Thank you for an amazing journey! - Mike and Heather, Calgary Alberta

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Heather K
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This Eco-expedition was a real pleasure. Kindness of all staff members creates instant friendship. The sea of Cortez is just beautiful and thankfully under protection by Mexico government which maintains its wildness. This too short trip is mixture of pleasure and learning. The latter not only involves the sea biodiversity but you learn about history and culture of local communities. Snorkeling and visiting a sea lion colony was just amazing. Writing this review remains me it is about time to re-schedule a new trip with the extraordinary Panterra staff!

Visited November 2012