“great food and fun”

La Taverna GastroBar
Ranked #166 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Taverna GastroBar on the Cabo San Lucas Marina is rapidly becoming an attraction on the CSL Marina. Open for breakfast (5.99 us specials) and lunch (under 10 us) for 5 years, started serving fine dining at affordable prices on November 2012. Great ambiance, excellent food and warm service are our constant. Give us one of your nights, we´ll make sure you return.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and were just walking by, when this really nice waiter came up to us and asked to stop and have dinner. Well we did and it was a great decision. The lobster was some of the best I've had. Lots of steamed veggies ( which you just don't see) and the entree's were fab. The drink were really good too. There was also live music, very nice. I am going back to try out breakfast also.

Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Gracias Debbie for your beautiful words!

Wow and from a Senior Critic... We are trying to do things a bit different at La Taverna GastroBar, in our vision we see a world where service providers and customers are not confronted anymore, specially when it comes to food and beverage... We put lots of love in what we serve our friends and it shows. We are loving the whole process. Thank you for the opportunity.

Chef Justo

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to Gastro Bar twice - once for breakfast and once for dinner. Both meals were excellent and the service was wonderful.

I had steak and lobster for dinner and it was amazing! The cheesecake was also one of the best I've ever had. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Cabo. It is on the far end of the marina, next to Senor Frogs.

Thank you so much amigos!
We are very grateful for your taking the time to share with our TA friends and saying such nice things about us.

You remind me why I started cooking. We look forward to having the privilege of serving you again soon. Welcome to La Taverna GastroBar family!!

Chef Justo

Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a gem! Dinner last night was fantastic. Food was delicious, owner Justo and waiter Jimbo were delightful, view was Beautiful. We will definitely be back. Want to go back and try breakfast too.

Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Muchas Gracias! It was great meeting you the other night, thanks for the opportunity.

We look forward to welcoming you again at La Taverna GastroBar, it is for guests like you that this is such an enjoyable job.

Best wishes

Reviewed June 18, 2013

great place for couples. food was great. service was excellent .we wanted lobster enchiladas not on the menu but the chef came to our table asked a few questions and came back with the best enchiladas ever! awesome sunsets too.

Hey MJ!!
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you!

We really appreciate your remembering us and sharing here on TA.

Come back soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I tried this place based on the reviews from TA.
This is a small, approx 8 table outdoor restaurant, located in the Marina near Senor Frogs. The restaurant is cute, quaint, with a small bar. There was one server in the place, can't remember his name. He was very nice and provided good service, but I couldn't help but think that maybe he was trying too hard to get a laugh...
The both of us had been eating so much seafood on the previous days, that we decided to give the steak a try at this place. We both had soups to start which were average. He had the peppercorn steak, I tried the chateaubriand that was flambed at the table.
Typically, the chateaubriand is made from a tender, double thick cut of filet or sirloin with wine/shallot or bernaise sauce. The cut of meat I had was the exact same cut as my husband, who ordered the plain filet. Both cuts were ok, not prime by any means, and I'm not sure it was filet mignon, but probably the quality of a sirloin at your local Outback steakhouse. The meat was a bit fatty, too thinly cut, and chewy. Too much sauce on the steak, though both sauces were tasty. The mashed potatoes were good, but the vegetable side of broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower seemed like it came from a steamfresh pouch...
We felt bad not finishing the food because the staff was so nice, we didn't want to insult anyone. Perhaps the seafood dishes are better?
On a positive note, the prices were not bad. Alcohol prices were fair. Our total bill with 2 soups, 2 beers, 2 martinis, 2 steak dinners was less than $100.
We were disappointed that we trusted TA on this one, and probably would not go back to this place, but thank you, La Taverna, for the service and attention.

1  Thank BRnurse

Hola Amiga!
Thank you so much for your thorough review! It was Jimbo who had the pleasure to serve you the other night, he was very impressed.

I am very sorry I didn`t visit your table the other night, or I would have been able to make your experience better.

You are absolutely right about the chateaubriand, both steaks you had with us were Sonora Beef Fillets, 350g or roughly 12oz. We think the secret in these hard times it´s about value: Provide our guests with the highest possible quality at the lowest reasonable price. For what you mention about our prices I take it we achieved our goal... Still nothing wrong with high expectations and if there is room for improvement we will strive to fill it.

Thank you also for the comment on the veggies, those are to be served "al dente", I will revise the procedures to ensure this.

If you ever consider giving us a second chance to impress you I will feel honored. Your honest feedback and knowledge is very welcome and appreciated, we won´t miss the opportunity to improve. My email is jlcoutopico@hotmail.com if you´d like to contact me directly to arrange for your next visit.

Mil Gracias!!