“Nice location - Food is average”

La Taverna GastroBar
Ranked #162 of 597 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Taverna GastroBar on the Cabo San Lucas Marina is rapidly becoming an attraction on the CSL Marina. Open for breakfast (5.99 us specials) and lunch (under 10 us) for 5 years, started serving fine dining at affordable prices on November 2012. Great ambiance, excellent food and warm service are our constant. Give us one of your nights, we´ll make sure you return.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Food was decent, and the location by the harbor was great. Also notable was the fact that the service was excellent.

Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hola Señor,
I´d like to thank you for taking the time to write nice things about our service and location, we are trying to do things differently here at La Taverna Gastrobar and strive to offer our guests the best service and value for food while enjoying the best location on the Cabo Marina.

I am troubled that we didn´t exceed your expectations. Decent food is ok but we are shooting for more than that. If you would like to elaborate on what we can improve, I promise we won´t miss the opportunity. My email is jlcoutopico@hotmail.com.

Also if you would consider giving us another try please contact me, I´d be honored to serve you personally. It is my personal goal to earn the privilege of cooking for my guests with honesty and humbleness.

Chef Justo

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went here twice on our visit to Cabo and were delighted with the food both times. It was well worth the walk around the marina. My husband and I had a combination of meat and fish and both were cooked to perfection.
The service, drinks and atmosphere were brilliant and we loved it. The only restaurant in Cabo to give you the personal touch!!

Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much amigos for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for your continued support.

We are very grateful that you decided to visit us twice during your stay in Cabo, this means a lot to us and gives us the motivation to continue in this tough times.

We wish the best for you and look forward to welcoming you back at your casa, La Taverna GastroBar

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here in April. We were in Cabo for a destination wedding I was in, which happened to be over our wedding anniversary as well. We stayed at Riu Palace & wanted a smaller fun restaurant to celebrate our anniversary, as we prefer that over a big corporate place. La Taverna was perfect! It was unusually chilly when we were in Cabo and they brought out blankets for us to use while we were eating. It is such a small & inviting place, we would go back in a heartbeat! The food was great- guac was delicious! My husband had the chicken mole and couldn't quit talking about it for the rest of the week. Get a flambe dessert too! You won't be disappointed.

Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hey ShoeDiva! I love your nickname!!

Thank you kindly for your beautiful words. That´s exactly what we´re about, hopefully it won´t be too long before we can serve you both again!

Please contact me when you are in town.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place was on our list to visit after reading the tripadvisor reviews and was easily found when we had a fishing trip.
The serving staff are wonderful, very amusing and sociable and the food was wonderful.
We tried a bottle of mexican wine and had the chicken fajitas, they were gorgeous, not covered in sauce or too much spice. The peppers and onions lovely and crunchy.
We revisited on our last night, my wife had a shrimp dish and I had the new york steak, again both were wonderful.
Justo the owner/chef came out and ensured everything was ok when we left, what a nice guy.
The restaurant is the far side of the marina, for those staying near Medano beach, but it is well worth the walk.
Prices very very reasonable.

Dear Señor Ian,

I´d like to thank you for visiting La Taverna GastroBar and even more for returning for a second time during your trip. We feel very fortunate to have met you, we have realized that the biggest reward in this business comes from creating a big family who can come into La Taverna GastroBar and feel at home. Thank you for helping us make this happen.

Please let me know if you are in the area, I don´t want to miss the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a nice dinner in February here ~ a little chilly at night off the water but the food & staff were superb ~ definitely get something that they set on fire...lol. Good value.

Gracias Amigos!
We are very grateful for your taking the time to write about us on TA, we are commited to provide the highest value at our taverna but more importantly we are here to make long lasting friendships through honest, humble service.

Hope to see you back in Cabo soon!