“Great way to end our trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Taverna GastroBar
Ranked #143 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: La Taverna GastroBar on the Cabo San Lucas Marina is rapidly becoming an attraction on the CSL Marina. Open for breakfast (5.99 us specials) and lunch (under 10 us) for 5 years, started serving fine dining at affordable prices on November 2012. Great ambiance, excellent food and warm service are our constant. Give us one of your nights, we´ll make sure you return.
New Jersey
“Great way to end our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We ate here on our last evening in CABO...and it was fabulous. The location on the quiet side of the Marina was lovely. The food was outstanding, only surpassed by the owner and his staff. It was so great to eat at a place with such friendly and caring staff. We had an extended conversation with the owner who was just wonderful and I wish him much luck, which he will not need because it is so good!!

Now to the food...We had the best chicken tortilla soup I have ever had. I also had amazing shrimp that were HUGE, but really tasting with an great spicy sauce. My husband had a surf and turf that was to die for...he said it was one of the best steaks he had in a long time and he is a huge steak guy.

I cannot say enough great things about the restaurant...except, make sure you go there...you will not be disappointed. It is not a huge place, but the atmosphere, staff and food really make it worth the trip.

Also...try one of the dishes made table side...we did not, but smelled it being made for the table next to ours...that is a must for our next trip back.

We cannot wait to return.

Visited May 2013
Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear friends from New Jersey!
We feel very fortunate that you trusted us your last evening in Cabo. It was a real pleasure meeting you, I also want to thank you personally for your good wishes.

Please let me know when you come back, it will be my pleasure cook something tableside specially for you.

Take care and thanks again!
Justo

Newark, New Jersey
“Worth finding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This lovely little restaurant is at the far end of the marina near the dock where the tenders for the cruise ships come in - also near TropiCat. It is totally worth the cab ride or walk - whatever your preference. The food is OUTSTANDING! The service is excellent (our waiter was Jimbo) and the bar is generous! The coconut shrimp are an unexpected treat - not the typical (though one of my favorite) shrimp coated in coconut. These are tender shrimp served in a coconut sauce --- WOW! The sauces in general were spectacular - peppercorn sauce on filet mignon, a brandy sauce on filet mignon, mole sauce on pork, rum sauce on the bananas foster. The chef (Justo Couto) visited our table and even shared a recipe with me! His classical training is evident in the preparations.
Bring a jacket or wrap on a breezy evening. There are outdoor heaters, but, open on 2 sides, it can still be cool. The restaurant provides blankets over the back of each chair in case the wind comes up unexpectedly.
This is now one of my DON'T MISS restaurants in Cabo! I can't wait for my next trip to Cabo so I can go back to La Taverna.

Gracias Sue!
We are very fortunate to have guests like you become part of La Taverna GastroBar family! Your description of our food belongs in the New York Times! It`s for people like you that we start over every day hoping to have the oportunity to share what we do. Thanks for making this so rewarding.

Hope to see you soon!
Justo
Victoria, Canada
“Try the GastroBar for a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Chef Justo Couto knows what he's doing in the kitchen. Our dinner at the GastroBar was excellent in every way. Fantastic service by Jimbo who also entertains the crowd with his lively personality. This restaurant is located on the "quiet" side of the marina, away from the "hustle" that defines Cabo and so provides a more tranquil, relaxing atmosphere. Try it: it was one of our favourites in Cabo!

Muchas Gracias Mary!
It was a privilege serving you the other nignt. We are very grateful for your taking the time to endorse us on TA, it means a lot to us.

Hope to see you back soon, we wish for you the very best.

Justo et al
Sammamish
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

During our recent annual trip to Los Cabos Mexico we found a new place to dine with wonderful food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff is friendly, outgoing and the chef makes the food that should not be missed when in Los Cabos. I recommend this wonderful establishment to everyone!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Muchas Gracias Janet!

This is only our sixth month since re-opening with the GastroBar concept, it means a lot that valued guests like you take the time to share your experience on TA, without a budget to advertise we are relying purely on word of mouth...

It was a pleasure serving you. We look forward to your return next year!
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My Husband and I went there for Spring Break with our 2 teenagers. The tortilla soup was one the best we have ever had. The Shrimp with a coconut rum sauce was excellant. Fish Tacos were also good. My daughter ordered the steak and it was average but pricey. Bananas foster were delicious! I would recommend going, but stick with the Mexican / Seafood dishes. You wont be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hola Mitchie!
Thanks so much for your kind review, we are thrilled to read that our tortilla soup was one of the best you´ve ever had! The coconut vodka sauce is quickly becoming one of our guests favourite as well as the bananas foster. Thank you for mentioning that.

From your comment about liking our fish tacos I deduce you also had lunch with us -we only serve them for lunch-. We use fresh seabass covered with a light tempura batter and serve the tacos accompanied by our own jalapeño tartar sauce. It means a lot to us that you decided to return to our establishment, welcome to La Taverna family!!

I am very sorry to hear about your girl´s steak being just average. I am personally encouraging my guests to feel free to let me know if something is wrong with their meal to ensure everyone leaves La Taverna GastroBar 100% satisfied. I will send you a personal message with a certificate for a free steak of your choice, if you´re not happy, I´m not happy.

Thanks again for your kind words and for pointing out where we can get better. We appreciate your giving us the privilege to serve you and look forward to your return!

Chef Justo