“What a surprise!”

La Taverna GastroBar
Ranked #155 of 566 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Taverna GastroBar on the Cabo San Lucas Marina is rapidly becoming an attraction on the CSL Marina. Open for breakfast (5.99 us specials) and lunch (under 10 us) for 5 years, started serving fine dining at affordable prices on November 2012. Great ambiance, excellent food and warm service are our constant. Give us one of your nights, we´ll make sure you return.
Vancouver, Canada
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Last year (2012) I'm pretty sure I had breakfast in this tiny little location beside the marina in Cabo. Along with the pirate decor, I was offered a beer and tequila shot with my scrambled eggs! To my surprise last week (March 2013) the pirate theme was gone and a very cool looking little restaurant had taken it's place.. Had to give it a try as it's very close to where I stay on the Pacific side. The service from entering through to leaving was great! And the food was even better!! I love Mole and what they did with it and some chicken was incredible. It's a bit out of the way if you are on the Medano Beach side or behind the marina but it's definitely worth going that bit farther around the marina. I'm not sure if it is considered outdoor seating - there is no wall on the marina side and you are under a roof.

• Visited March 2013
Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Señorita Marilyn you are absolutely right!
This was our pirate themed "Cavendish Tavern" untill last November when we changed our name to La Taverna GastroBar, remodeled the whole place and introduced an all new dinner menu. Thank you for remembering us and for coming back!

Look forward to your next visit!

“Wonderful food - a great find!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went to la taverna based on trip advisor reviews and have to agree with the reviews as it was wonderful. The staff were awesome. We started with onion soup and shrimp & lobster bisque and both were wonderful. We then each had the chateaubriand since that's something most restaurants don't offer and it was tasty and perfect. We were full but decided to share cherries jubilee since that's another rare find and it was delicious. So we took a few pictures of the staff and of us with Justo the owner that we plan to add on trip advisor when we get home from our cabo vacation. You must try this awesome restaurant when in cabo. It's on the marina near the end where the Main Dock is located.

Gracias for your kind words and for making this such an enjoyable job!

The fact that we are making so many interesting friends at La Taverna GastroBar and being able to support our families in doing so is a humbling privilege. We are very grateful.

Look forward to serving you in the near future!
Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Eating Experience”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been in Cabo San Lucas for several days and have eaten at several of the top rated restaurants here. Our best meal, by a considerable margin, was tonight at this fantastic eatery. The food, service, and ambiance exceeded our expectations. The lobster and peppercorn steak were prepared flawlessly and were delicious. We were treated like royalty by the owner and wait staff. This was a true "wow" experience.

Gracias Señor Don!

You ARE royalty at La Taverna GastroBar, the fact that you´re giving us the opportunity to serve you during one of your precious nights in Cabo means a lot to us.

Hope to see you back soon! Thank you for taking the time to share with our TA guests.
Graeagle, California
“Love La Taverna and all the staff and family!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I were here for a seven day vacation and I was lucky to get to spend my birthday in Cabo San Lucas! What really made my 30th birthday special was dinner at La Taverna and breakfast at Justos other restaurant Tequila Shark!! Antonio at Tequila Shark has become like family to us and we enjoyed every experience we had at Justo's restaurants! The food was excellent and we never waited for a thing! My boyfriend is a restaurant owner and we were very impressed with the whole operation!!! Jimbo and jorge made our dinners very entertaining and I will never forget my 30th birthday thanks to them. Try the Mexican Coffee amazing display and delicious! Like I said we spent seven days in Cabo and ate most of our meals in one of Justo's restaurants! We were lucky enough to meet his whole family and daughter and can't wait to be back in Cabo with our families so they can meet these amazing people!!! We love La Taverna!!! Edward & Jessica

• Visited February 2013
Hola Señorita Jess! You are too kind!
We are the lucky ones to meet friends like you and Señor Edward! Antonio, Jimbo and the whole family have warm memories of your visits, can´t believe how fast the time went while you were in Cabo...

Please stay in touch and let us know when you come down!
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“lovely wee find”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband went fishing and took one of his catch in there to have them cook it for us in the evening and it was cooked to perfection!
Staff were very attentive and friendly

Visited March 2013
Thank you Señora Lesley!

We love to cook for our fishermen, that´s why we open at 6 am... Using fresh ingredients is part of our philosophy, not just a marketing gimmick: Therefore the day´s catch becomes a treasure when entering our kitchen, we truly enjoy getting creative when we have the time -before the restaurant fills up with our happy diners- .

For this reason, and to give them our full attention, we ask that our fishermen bring their fish perfectly fileted and make a reservation for anytime before 5:30 pm.

Hope to see you back in Cabo soon!