Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Relaxing Vacation at Solmar Resort

Reviewed 5 days ago
Karen Z
via mobile

All reviews playa grande couples massage minute massage signature massage the salt water pool spa staff sound of the waves wonderful massage magic hands juan jose mani pedi bottle of champagne deep tissue top notch an amazing experience lands end the pacific ocean
Reviewed today

Great service , Would highly recommend, me and my husband felt comfortable, would definitely visit again if In Cabo .

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I just returned from an amazing 4-day stay at Solmar Grand Restort in Cabo. This is my 3rd trip and each time I have stayed at a different resort. Solmar has been hands down the one I have enjoyed the most. Solmar is located near the end of the marina, it is about a 10 min walk to the marina, 20 min walk to downtown and a 45 minute min drive from the airport. The grounds of the resort are beautiful as it sits right on the ocean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The resort is small compared to others I have visited, they have 8 buildings with about 6 rooms in each building. I stayed in building B in one of the suites, it is closer to the beach and the main pool further into the resort. The room I stayed in was very spacious with a small kitchen and living space, a master room, two bathrooms (one with a hottub), and a double balcony. The balcony gives great views as it over looks the main pool and the ocean.

Solmar offers a tipical all-inclusive package that includes all you can eat and drink. There is also a gold all inclusive package that includes top shelf alcohol and a few exclusive specials in the food menus. The group I traveled with opted for the regular all inclusive package.

There are three places to eat while staying at the resort, Tehaban which is an a la carte restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner, The Sushi Factory open from 12-5pm and Trebol, a snack bar also opened from 12-5pm. Solmar also has a small buffet option for dinner if you do not want to order a la carte. Reservations need to be made for dinner at Tejaban.

The food at Solmar is the best I have had at any resort in Cabo, it is top quality and made to order. I did not order anything I did not like. The omelets, chilaquiles, and waffles were the top contenders at Tejaban for breakfast, the sushi rolls were amazing and for dinner the surf and turf and flank steak are must haves. If you’re hanging out by the pool during the day, and get hungry, you can order food with the waiters. They have a lunch menu from Tejaban or the sushi factory. In my past experience at the bigger resorts the food is made in big batches and tastes like it is cheap microwaveable food from a gas station. I can honestly say I survived off fries at my last stay.

The highlight of my trip was the massage from the spa at Solmar. On the last day of my trip I scheduled a full body 50 minute aromatherapy relaxing massage and a clay face mask. Mary was my masseuse she was amazing and worked wonders on my back. I would stay at Solmar again if only to get another massage. Thank you so much Mary!

The only cons to staying at Solmar were:
WiFi - was not included and needed to pay 5$ a day to add for up to 4 devices (not bad and got great service)
Communication about amenities/where to eat and drink - check in was speedy but I never received a map or brochure with times restaurants serve food. We had to ask three different staff memebers for clarification and the times each have was different.
Alcohol availability and quality - drinks are available at Tejaban, the waiters when you’re hanging out by the pool or the swim up bar at the main pool. The downside is thy the pool closes at 7pm and unless you are at the restaurant, there is no where to order a drink.

Solmar is a quaint relaxing resort with attentive staff members and a must try spa.

SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Karen Z
Thank you very much for this extremely positive Comment,We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our resort amenities,views,Service,Restaurants,Food while staying with us Specially at the Spa. We do our best to give to each guest unforgettable experience and our best service.We will definitely share your lovely comments to Mary and the rest of our Staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Eli and team did a great work on my wife and I. We highly recommend their work at Grand Solmar.

Thanks.

SolmarSpaCollection, Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear David110418

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, We would like to thanking you for letting us pamper you during your stay with us. We do our best to give to each guest unforgettable experience and our best service. We will definitely share your lovely comments to Eli and the rest of our Staff.
We look forward to welcoming you again!

Xochitl Bautista Spa
Marketing & Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice atmosphere and personnel. Massage was great. Would do again next time we are there. They offered a drink at the end which was a welcome treat!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 854cabo
We are so pleased to hear that you have had the best time in our Spa!, We do our best to give to each guest unforgettable experience and our best service.We will make sure to pass your lovely comments to our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you
Back to your home away from home!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Best massage ever by Sandy at Rancho Solmar. She came around the pool and did some complimentary massages and I then signed up for a 120 minute massage for the following day. Treated like a king by the staff at the spa

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Mkt & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mahooter R
We feel very pleased to know that you had an amazing Spa experience at Rancho San Lucas, We do our best to give to each guest unforgettable experience and our best service. We will make sure to pass your lovely comments to Sandy and the rest of our Staff.
We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you again soon!
Best Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sandy gave one of the best massages I have ever had. She is strong, read my body well, and massage away my body pain. From my past working in high-end spas; Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa, The Spa at Silverado, Pebble Beach, and the Phoenician, my standards for a great massage are very high!All of the staff give superb customer service at the spa, and throughout the resort. A must place to visit.

Dear corrinesalazar
We are delighted to know that you have an amazing Spa experience, Guest satisfaction and comfort is at the heart of what we do. We will definitely share your lovely comments to Sandy and the rest of our Staff
We will love to welcome you back for you to enjoy our spa one more time.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked two standard massages and got what felt like much more. The spa staff was very helpful throughout the experience. Though we didn’t ask for, or pay for a couples massage, it was a real treat to experience being massaged next to each other in a hut on a sand bluff right on the beach as the waves crashed and we felt the ocean breeze. And... even though we had already checked out, and the Spa doesn’t have showers, because we let them know we were headed directly for the airport, they accommodated us by allowing us to shower in a suite. They could have said “no” and sent us home sticky but they didn’t. I’d definitely visit again.

Dear Mark G
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Sea Spa Cabañas
We feel very pleased that in the end, we surpass your expectations, We do our best to give to each guest unforgettable experience and our best service, I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to all our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

My husband and I scheduled a couples massage with the on site spa at Playa Grande resort for our honeymoon and we were blown away by the incredibly attentive staff, Jesus and Macri, who made sure we were comfortable 100% of the time. We had a fantastic, relaxing, and enjoyable couples massage followed by the private jacuzzi that overlooked the entire resort. It was beautiful and perfectly romantic. The staff made sure from the minute we walked in until the minute we left that we were taken care. I hope we can return soon :)

SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear kelbel1023
I am really pleased to know that you had such a Wonderful experience. We do our best to give to each guest unforgettable experience and our best service. I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to Jesus , Macri and to the rest of our staff.
We will love to welcome you back for you to enjoy our spa one more time.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our spa times. The first one was unplanned. They were coming around offering 5 minute back rubs to those of us around the pool and we decided to sign up to have one that day. The second one we scheduled on arrival to the resort. We had Milka and Natalie and they were superb!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Mkt & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear shenglett
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor, we are more than glad to know, that you had an excellent time in our spa,, Guest satisfaction and comfort is at the heart of what we do.
I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to Milka & Nataly.
We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Enjoyed a couples massage and facial at Grand Solmar at Land Ends Spa. It was so relaxing we didn't want it to end. Massage therapist was wonderful. Highly recommend and will go each time we are back at Grand Solmar.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear marsha395
I am so pleased to hear that you have had the best time in our SPA!, Thank you so much for taking time to share your fantastic experience. We do our best to give to each guest unforgetable experience and our best service.
We hope to welcoming you in a near future.