“Anniversary Dorado” 5 of 5 bubbles

Conifer, Colorado, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Anniversary Dorado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went to Cabo last week to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. My lovely bride let me fish for a day, so on Friday I went out with Baja Angler's to fly fish for dorado. My guide for the day, Nazario, was fantastic. He worked hard to get me on fish, and I managed to land two very nice dorado. I even hooked and played for a short while a marlin. That was way cool. I would highly recommend Baja Angler's to anyone. Their boats, equipment, and guides are all top notch. I can't wait to come back!

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Guides! Great Fishing! Great Timnes in Cabo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spent the day fishing with Baja Angler. I have fished with Grant and his team for a few years now! I have done all types of trips from Fly Fishing for Marlin (7 in 2 days) to Fly Fishing for Rooster Fish and Dorado to light tackle Fishing with my family! Everytime i have fished with Baja Anglers i have gotten over the top fishing, guiding and experiences that will last a life time.
This last trip was especially memorable as i took my 2 sons. We spent a morning we won't soon forget catching Dorado (including a triple header!), Yellow Fin and Bonito. Grant and his team got us in the right spot and the rest was left up to us and we had a trip to remember. Caught 20 fish in a 1/2 day of fishing and everyone left with huge smiles on their faces and sore muscles! Thanks Grant for a great day!

Tahoe City, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome Fishing Guide !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I just returned from an early October fishing trip in Cabo San Lucas.
My guide Grant Hartman took me out on a 1/2 day and a full day fishing trip.
Being some what of a novice fly fisherman I was a bit nervous about my capability to live up to one of my "bucket list" items.
Im not sure why i booked just a half day the first day out, i guess to just test the waters and see if we had made the right decision or not to do this. Grant was a great confidant right of the start, assuring me that I could handle the task and we would have some opportunities to see some fish....It was up to me to get the fly casted and on the water, in the vicentity of the fish when told to do so....."Strip!!! Strip!!!! Strip!!! when told to do so, and set the hook. But with the great instruction Grant provided for me along the way, I was feeling much better about my chances....
And what an amazing orchastrated team Baja Anglers are!!!
The captain and 1st mate getting the boat, bait, and equipement just right, Grant coaching everyone alongthe way.....me too!! He reminded me I was just as much a big part of this!
The whole scenario of what happens to tease Marlin and Dorado in close to the boat,
to be able to have a chance at throwing a fly to these fish is simply increadable.
And Grant and his team... Do it VERY GOOD!
So my first "half day" still provided me with some "looks" at some fish. I got a nice 15 lb. dorado for my very first fish on a fly rod!!! Then shortly there after with a little more trolling of the teasers, we had a Marlin in close to the boat!!!! "Cast, Cast, Cast!!!!" Grant shouted!!! It was nearly perfect as the Marlin came within a couple inches of my fly, but just didn't quite want it bad enough.....Heart stopping to say the least!!!! To have a Marlin that close!!!! WOW!!!
I wish i had booked a full day.....

My next time out was in a couple days. This time a full day provided us more time to travel further north towards Todos Santos and get on some more productive fishing grounds.
Grant's Glacer Bay Catameran is absouluty without a doubt a gem of a vessel!!
We had some pretty good swells comming at us on the way up and the Glacer Bay sliced right thru providing a very comfortable ride....what a treat.
So once we had got up there we turned around and got started.
Trolling the teasers, it was not long before the excitement was off the charts and the team of Baja Anglers was back in action!!!
More Dorado in close to the boat and before you knew in Grant was conducting the team.
"Cast...Cast...!!!!" "Strip!!!!...Strip!!!!" Yea!!!!! Nice one!!!
One would think it was Grant's first time out doing this,,,,,,,his enthusiasm and passsion for doing what he loves shines brightly! And he's been doing this for 30 years ......
The day went on with so many hook ups, i counted 15. TWICE!!! We had triple hook ups!!!!
Are you kiddding??? Triple hook ups on fly rods? Where have been??
And if my arm was not aching enough, the big fish of the day, was (and my personal best) a 38lb. Dorado! caught on a fly rod no less!

If your looking for adventure.....a different way to go out fishing... and have a fun, inter-active time out and actually "learn" something while your out there....
(ever get tired of getting the sunday baja drive with a captain that says "well thats fishing") Give Grant at Baja Anglers a shout! He's an excellent professional that will give you a first class outing..... You will not.. be disappointed!

Thanks Grant for the wonderful memories!
We will do it again every time I come down from now on!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fly Fishing for Dorado and Roosters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My son and I just returned from our first fly fishing trip to Cabo. It was a great time. We went with Baja Anglers, who helped arrange all the logistics, and for 2-1/2 of the days we were on a very smooth Glacier Bay Catamaran walk around. The crew and boat were all great, and they outfitted us with good 10 weight gear. We were able to get both of our fly rods hooked in at the same time on schools of Dorado. We left Cabo with more fillets than we expected. Because we are primarily fresh water, mountain rivers and lakes fly fishermen, we had to work on our technique especially for when and where to cast, stripping, setting the hook and ultimately landing the fish. The crew were great in helping us get that down quickly. But as successful as that was, it didn’t compare with the day we went fishing for Roosters from the beach with fly. Grant Hartman, the owner, guided, or should I say “led” us, on a very “active” way of fly fishing. We were constantly moving along the beach, casting and moving in and out of big water. We caught several fish, and I even had a sea turtle approach my fly. I also caught my first, albeit small, rooster. Grant was a fantastic guide and had us working hard enough to be able to catch what we did. We plan to go with Grant again, and will spend most if not all our time running up and down the beach going after the Roosters.

1 Thank dave00907
SW Florida
“Great Fly Fishing Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I spent a full day on the water with the guides of Baja Anglers a week ago. The Captain and mate were knowledgeable, professional, and very pleasant overall. Grant, the proprietor, was very easy to deal with, responding within 24 hours to e-mail inquiries. The captain was able to clearly explain his specific teaser-switch-cast instructions. We landed at least seven nice dorado, several of which went very deep into the backing. We also managed to raise two marlin, but were unable to get good shots.

I have previously chartered trips in many locales - from San Diego, CA; Martha's Vineyard, MA; to the Everglades and Key West, FL. Overall, I give a firm recommendation for Baja Anglers.