“Pedro our city guide”

City Tours in Los Cabos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sight seeing Los Cabos and City of La Paz (state capitol).
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Pedro our city guide as well our from airport to our villas is one of the best guide. He is very friendly and very accommodating with our trip to cabo San Lucas. He even cooked the best taco and hot sause for our family. Highly recommended his service if you decided to look for a good guide and airport transit. We will be back Pedro. Thank you

1  Thank Yunita W
There are newer reviews for City Tours in Los Cabos

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Prior to arriving at the airport in San Jose, we had arranged transport to La Paz via City Tours in Los Cabos.
We had not used this service before so were not totally sure how it was going to work out.
Upon coming through the arrival doors at the airport, there was a well dressed young man holding a sign with our name on it.
He grabbed our luggage and took us to a Very Nice van for our trip to La Paz.
Javier , our driver spoke English so made our trip more enjoyable as he answered all of our questions along the route. As we got underway, his cell phone rang and he spolke a few words and gave the phone to me. Pedro, the owner of the company, was on the phone to offer a personnal greeting and to make sure we took the opportunity to enjoy the ice cold water and beer that they had in their cooler for us to enjoy enroute to La PAz. Very nice touch and appreciated. The van was modern, very comfortable, with air conditionining and great sight lines to enjoy the country side on our trip. We decided we would like to stop for lunch in Todos Santos ..No problem says Javier and we enjoyed a nice lunch togerther at the Hotel California.
We got to La Paz in good time and thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
We enjoyed it enough to make arrangements for City Tourrs to come and pick us up in La Paz and take us to the airport in Los Cabos for the return flight.
I would highly recommend this thoughtflul, comfortable service to tourists, like us , that are looking for transportation in the Baja. We very much enjoyed the good service.
You can cntact Pedro at caborelaxo@hotmail.com

1  Thank TJB2
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Not worth our time or money (~$100/person) at all. This was a all-day tour that had some great potential, but...

1. We travelled in a bus with tinted windows that we could not see well out of all

2. The tour guide began describing our day when his cell rang. He picked it up, sat down and did not talk to us at all until our first stop

3. Descriptions included "now we are at the glass factory...where they make glass". The factory was lovely, but I have no idea as to its significance.

4. The above point doubles for our visit to the churches. The tour guide explained their significance to one patron; but the rest of us could not hear.

Basically, we were carted around to 2 towns, a factory, and a church, for about 40 mins each...and I have no idea why.

We stopped for lunch in San Lucas...it was delicious!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a fun tour for half a day. You get to see a glass blowing factory. Have a little lunch and end it with a tour on a glass bottom boat. They stop by pelican rock and you can see the fish below you swim by.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am sure there are many city tours offered by different excursion companies in Los Cabos. I am referring to one that is operated by Transcabo, excursion itself is called Explore Los Cabos. To give some perspective, I travelled to an All-Inclusive resort with the family of two children (age 17 & 11).
As a first time visitor to the area, I found the tour very helpful in terms of planning how I should spend the rest of the week. The cost of the tour was $280 for 4 person. The tour was from about 830am and we got dropped off at our hotel around 330pm. The last city tour we took was in Puerta Vallarta last year and it was free, but the catch was that we had to pay for lunch (we went easy on the food as it was quite expensive). So comparing with the last tour, initially we felt the city tour at Los Cobos was quite expensive. Nonetheless, after the tour and given the circumstances, I would say that the price was fair. With this Los Cabos tour, lunch (+ 1 drink) was provided. My wife and kids all enjoyed the lunch while I thought the food was just ok. The lunch itself would have probably costed us $100+ so realistically, the tour was only $180. Had not been with the tour, I would not have had the courage to try out a local restaurant nor knowing what to order. With this in mind, this was an experience itself on its own.
The tour began at San Lucas where we were taken onto a glass bottom boat to visit Land's End. The boat circled back and had a brief detour to give us a glance at the coast line and some local facts were shared. We were then taken to a jewelery shop as well as a family run glass blowing facility. The good news was that there was no pressure to feel that you need to purchase anything. Then we were taken to San Jose where lunch was served. Including also a walking trip to the Mission and central plaza as well as some free time to roam about.
If you anticipate an action packed city tour, this is not the one for you. Our guide was friendly and told us a lot about the 2 cities as well as sharing a lot of cultural information which I felt was very interesting.
I rate the tour 4 stars because - I think the glass factory and the jewelry shop stops were not necessary but I guess they are included in the package so that the tour shows more substance. I would have enjoyed being driven around the city and look at different residential areas etc to learn more about the place, or stopping at Chileno Bay for a quick stroll would have been nice.