“Excellent Maria” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano

Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #15 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cabo San Lucas
“Excellent Maria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have lived in Cabo for three and a half years, and I have to say this was the best food in Cabo by far. Maria and her staff are excellent. I had sea bass with a cilantro salsa/sauce that was to die for. My husband had a Mexican combo plate that was huge and it was so good, he ate everything on his plate. Our friend had the fajitas and he is Mexican and said it was one of the best he ever had. Thank you Maria, we will be back over and over and over again.

2 Thank MJS5662

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Very cozy restaurant but over hyped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had dinner at Maria Jimeniz and enjoyed the food and the service. The restaurant is small and attractive. There are so many excellent restaurants in Cabo. I would certainly rate this establishment in the top 50 but not the top ten. Make sure you have a reservation because of all the hype. Would certainly return again.

2 Thank Xlagman
Upstate NY
“Extremely Satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is our first trip to Cabo San Lucas so we are by no means qualified to say this restaurant is number 1 or not. What I can tell you is we had a great meal & it was a good value. Yes the place is small, but to us it only added to the charm. Our hotel owner told us ahead of time that it was small and offered to make us a reservation on any night we were interested. We took a taxi & were greeted outside by the restaurant staff! The staff was very attentive, until it was time to check out, but as soon as I asked for the check they brought it right over. The food was excellent and yes, there was a lot of it. We each ordered one of the combination platters so we could try a variety of items. It was more than enough food & we brought the leftovers back for lunch the next day. Maria herself stopped by to make sure we were pleased with our dinners. Before I forget if they offer you "mango water" I suggest you try it! Our bill $49 US for 2 combination platters, 2 waters & 2 mango waters.

New York City, New York
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Although it's near downtown, it would be easy to miss Maria Jimenez if you weren't looking for it, which would be a real shame. We had no trouble finding it, and they seated us right away. We weren't that hungry, so my husband got queso fundido con chorizo and I got quesadillas with nopal (which came with beans, pico and sauces, plus a salad). Everything was wonderful - the place earns its TripAdvisor #1 rating. Our only regret was that we weren't hungrier, because I really wanted to try the strudel, but we just couldn't.

Mountain Ranch, California
“The number one is so right!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have been coming to Cabo since 1984, we have seen all the changes along the way. Food is my favorite part of vacation and travel, and each new discovery of a great place that excite my taste buds is how I rate my vacations overall. Stop to smell the rose some say, I say stop and enjoy the food, which smells better? OK Maria is the queen of Cabo! We have been there twice in two nights. and will be back at least 4 more time this trip. We had a party there in July with ten people each night, three nights total,so if you say I like the food you are right! She has been number one for seven month for the same reasons we started her on Trip Advisor, her food is from her heart. We can't make you like everybody's food or waiters but if you take 100 people and put them in a taste test you will get 10 of those that are not going to like anything you and I like. So look at the percentage of people that rave and are excited to give you their thoughts on how yummy her cuisine really is. I hope you will taste it for yourself and be excited to pass along how good the service the food and quaint old home feelings you get from a loving woman I can't say enough about Maria. Some say it is harder to find, it is a small street off of the main drag two blocks north called Narciso Mendoza , in front of the big Mall, phone to make reservation 105-1254 or cell 624-160-8828. Miss out on this one and you will be really sorry.
Best regards