“Neat Atmosphere and Good Food”

Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #12 of 573 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
California
“Neat Atmosphere and Good Food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited Maria Jimenez in May 2013. There was only six tables at the restaurant 5 inside and one on the front porch. It was a different experience. We were first served flavored water (mango, guava, and something else) and it was not what was expected, very good. What made the night was the restaurant and the employees. The service was great, the food was very good. if you want a different experience and good local food, this is your place.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lance D

Atlanta, Georgia
“It can be better!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I really wanted to like this place! I really did! After reading all the reviews I was eager to try. Maybe I hit an off night?? The place is quaint and attractive, the service is typical of a local owned place. The food as also typical "old school" mexican. Nothing imaginative, or special. Large portions covererd in way too much sauce...steamed broccoli and carrots as a side vegetable... really?? In Mexico?? It is inexpensive, but that doesnt justify bad food...
I hope they take a look at their menu and preparation and get back to basics of simple Mexican cuisine and not try to emulate the American Mex version!!
Good luck.. I will be back for another try next visit!!

• Visited September 2013
San Jose, California
“Quaint little restaurant”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We decided to go to this restaurant based upon the great reviews and we weren't disappointed. The restaurant is walking distance from the Marina (about 3 blocks). They serve traditional Mexican dishes with generous portions so come prepared with a big appetite or maybe split an entrée. No alcoholic beverages are served but they have refreshing fruit drinks that were very good. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Steve B
Leonard, Texas
“Homemade Authenic Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited Cabo for an extended weekend. We always review trip advisor and we would agree and know why this restaurant is #1!!! It is a very small, family run restaurant off the beaten path. When you walk in, a lady is handmaking tortillas. You are greeted and seated in the very small area. We went for a late lunch around 1pm so we did not have to make reservations. I would advise that you do because there are only 6 or so tables. The food is fresh, homemade and made to order. The quantities are big. It was a little warm just because it was end of August/September. We will go back on our next trip!!

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have read many reviews on trip advisor and I had to go try this place out. It was difficult to find, as it is very small and off the beaten track.
I just have to say that it was ok or very good but defiantly not great or wonderful. The service is extremely friendly so points there, but the food again was just ok. We had the platter so we had the opportunity to try different Mexican specialties.
Prices are very reasonable compare to other restaurants in town. Please be aware they don't serve alcohol, as they don't have a liquor license. We did see other guests bring their own wine/beer.
I would go back to eat there, but I know what to expect next time.

Visited August 2013