“Charming Jewel”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Well-deserving of all of the positive reviews. Delightful ambience from the intimate five table space to the person cooking tortillas at the entrance. Generous portions, delicious home cooking and friendly staff made for a perfect place for our party if four. Be sure to book ahead!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited this small and quaint establishment a few days ago while in Cabo and were pleased that we made the effort to do so. We read about all of the positives on TripAdvisor which is what led to the decision to go. It was only a few minutes away from the main drag and easy to find. We made reservations through our hotel concierge and went early on Friday evening at 6 PM. There was only one other party but by the time we left around 7:30PM the place was hopping. The menu is extensive and portions were very generous. No alcohol is served, but we had a couple of their signature "mint lemonade" smoothie-type deals which were EXCEPTIONAL, highly recommended and so refreshing. Service was pleasant, servers spoke excellent English and were right on with everything. We shared a quesadilla appetizer and then my girlfriend had a grilled shrimp platter while I had a huge combination platter with chicken fajitas, marinated flank steak, and sopitos. The food was excellent. To top it off, the restaurant served us a complimentary flan for dessert, which was tasty and much appreciated.

Even with a (very) generous tip, I only paid $50 USD for the meal, which I think is superb value. The option is there to pay in pesos, and when I worked out the exchange it would have been cheaper to pay in pesos than USD, so you may wish to carry pesos with you. As mentioned previously, they do not accept credit cards. It is worth the "trouble" to find this place, you will enjoy your meal and the people immensely. Reservations are highly recommended.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Maria is the sister of Edith Jimenez of Edith's Restaurant and The Office fame. This small restaurant offers very good food. At his time they do not serve liquor but are expecting to expand and this might change. Don't miss the food if you have the chance.

1  Thank baja-alan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

while my staying in Cabos i had dinner in this mexican restaurant.It was all fantastic...from the location, the food and atmosphere. The only negative point was that they didn't not accept credit card,so we suggest you to bring cash money !!!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had been looking for authentic mexican fare, well prepared and flavourful and were delighted that the Tripadvisor reviews of this establishment were largely correct.

This is the type of place that you would not stop to eat at unless recommended. It looks a little funky from the outside, very much like someones home in what appears to be not a great neighbourhood.

We entered the restaurant into an open area with a lovely smiling lady making taco's and sopecitas by hand on a very hot griddle/plancha. My wife made one when we were leaving.

The Aztec/taco soup was the best I have ever had and my wife loved her cream of corn soup. I had great chilli reljenos with the usual accompaniments and the "boss" had her fajitas. The food overall was excellent, great quality and very very tasty! We ordered way too much and the bill was only $60 for the two of us (no alcohol served, bring your own).

There are six/seven tables total so be advised to reserve so as not to be disappointed. Maria herself was constantly present, emanating a warm radiant smile and keen to please. She has little or no English so use the waiters to pass on compliments on the food.