“Best Restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Maria Jimenez is Wonderful”

Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #13 of 597 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Because of Trip Advisor, my husband and I wanted try this restaurant. And, boy were we Happily Surprised. First, I got to say while we were staying at Hacienda del Mar, I asked the bell guys where it was and none of them heard of it. I couldn't believe that, so I went to the internet and pulled up Trip Advisor and showed them it was #1 on Trip Advisor. Once, they saw the picture, they knew where it was and one of the guys took my husband and I right to it. Yes, it is a little out of the way, but so well worth it. They are just wonderful people at this restaurant. Although we did not have a reservation, they fit us right in. I had the seafood platter and my husband had the steak (I think it is #3) on the menu. Both were excellent. No alcoholic drinks but the drinks they had (lemonade) was great. Yes, when we return we will come come back. Even got to take a picture with Maria Jimenez.

3  Thank AZretiree

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and friends found this place after getting off a bus at the wrong stop. Its a little bungalow located on the main strip. We went home and checked out trip advisor to see where it stood on the ranking and were pleasantly surprised it had the top spot. It lived up to it reputation and then some. Fresh mango juice was to die for, followed by and signature salad and a marinated chicken breast for an entree. This place really had it all. Service was excellent, atmosphere was beautiful, food was spot on and best of all the value was there. Great times will return again

2  Thank foreverboard
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We ate there last night and it was excellent. It is a small resturant ( 7 tables ) out of the way on the back streets but it's not too hard to find. I had the shrimp in devil sauce that was outstanding and my daughter had the fish prepared the same way. A mild spice that slowly builds. If you like a little kick you will love it. My wife had the garlic butter prepared shrimp and loved it. Try the apple strudle with ice cream. The ice cream may be home made. Mybill was $48.00 for all of us. We dont usally eat at the same place twice but we are going back. Best meal in Cabo and we have been coming down for 16 years.

2  Thank Huegel
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Last night we had an awesome dinner. Our family of four shared a combo dinner and the giant garlic prawns with the fresh guacamole to start. We each had the special mint lemonade. Everything was very authentic - even our kids loved it. We were out the door for only $60 including 20% tip. The service was excellent.

2  Thank Mike L
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As regular visitors to Cabo, we were shocked to see that a restaurant had broken into the top 10 on TripAdvisor and we had not visited!! We went to Maria Jimenez for dinner and it was so worth it!! The restaurant is tiny, so I would absolutely call for reservations. The food is authentic - served by Maria herself. I will say that the price range that TripAdvisor has listed is a little on the low side. The prices are still totally reasonable, but slightly higher than listed here.These were seriously the best enchiladas that I had ever had!! They do not serve alcohol here - fair warning!! I highly recommend Maria Jimenez if you are in the mood for authentic Mexican fare!

2  Thank Obiawhat