“What Mexico is all about!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano

Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #15 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“What Mexico is all about!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great little places like this....just as cute as can be. Maria has some great art work on display, her service is very good, and the food...just the best!!
We are locals and love to take our friends here when they come to town.

Try the fish of the day..it just melts in your mouth and the flavor is so good!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bonita210

New York
“Excellent food, very quaint place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Like eating in someone's living room. Small, space, but very nicely laid out. Chicken quesadillas were the best I ever had, so tasty. Staff very nice and friendly.

A little off the beaten path, but a 5 minute walk from main drag. Try this place out.

Naperville, Illinois
“great Mexican gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

A little hard to find because of unreadable street signs but well worth it. Enchiladas and arrachera steak were tasty and friendliness of Maria and her daughter made for delightful evening. They do not have alcohol but you can bring your own. And they only have 7 tables. It is where the locals go.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Long Beach, California
“Authentic Mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I like to find cozy, hole in the wall restaurants that serve local flavors and that may not cater to the typical American tourist or Spring Break visitor whenever we visit Mexico. He is originally from Mexico and we both like to find small, locally owned "Mom and Pop" style restaurants that offer friendly service and the kind of traditional Mexican food that he remembers from his childhood. This place was exactly what we wanted!

The Pozole (chicken and hominy soup) was delicious, husband's sope was so tasty and served on freshly made masa, my grilled fish was tender and flavorful and the freshly made lemonade and fruit drinks were refreshing and delicious.

We dined early in the evening before it got busy and the owner was kind enough to hold my baby while I ate! How sweet!

Charming, inexpensive (about $32 USD for 2 people including appetizer) and delicious. Try it!

Five stars for authentic flavor, hospitality and value.

Long Beach, California
“Best Place in Cabo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was looking for a break from the all inclusive resort food. I read the excellent reviews for this restaurant and I was NOT disappointed! The service, food, and ambiance was great. My wife & I decided to bring our 4 month baby & the owner of the place Maria went out of way to make us feel special including taking care of our son so we could enjoy a romantic date. The guacamole, the tortilla soup, the sope was the best I ever had and to die for. The place does not serve alcohol but their drinks are refreshing. I had a Mango and Pineapple drink and it was SO delicious. If you come to Cabo San Lucas you must definitely visit Maria Jimenez, you WILL NOT be disappointed.