“Ahhh... The Sound You Make When You Leave the Spa”
Review of Somma WineSpa

Somma WineSpa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula is ideal for creating a sanctuary that honors its roots. A space designed for the rejuvenation, sensibility and fusion of the body and soul into a unique concept: the exclusive Somma WineSPA. Our identity is best defined as wine therapy with a touch of Mexico. Grapes from the Guadalupe Valley and Santo Tomas in Baja California obtain their essence from the sea breeze; the ideal climate produces a superior fruit that when mature, is of an extraordinary quality that evokes the finest wines of this region and the world. Using professional fusions the grapes are sensed within the deepest layers of the skin, creating the perfect balance between ancestral and contemporary therapies.
Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ahhh... The Sound You Make When You Leave the Spa”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Somma Wine Spa was, in a word, magnificent! The facility is so relaxing and beautiful with all the amenities. The dressing areas are equip with lockers, shower, steam room, sauna, wirlpool, and relaxing pools inside. My husband and I enjoyed a couples Champagne massage. It was devine! The aroma therapy was delightful and the theapist was great at providing a relaxing, yet invigorating experience.
The icing on the cake was the wine and fruit provided at the end and the simple neck message!
I highly recommend Somma Wine Spa. If you visit Fiesta Americana Los Cabos and do not expeience the spa, you have truely missed a treat!

1 Thank ChiquitaD
FRANCISCO L, Manager at Somma WineSpa, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Chiquita D

It is wonderful to know that you had a great experience with us. We still working to create new experiences to surprise you during your next visit.

our staff is grateful with your comments and I am sure we will overcome your expectations in your next visit.

Three Bridges, NJ
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful Spa with Great Service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Somma Wine Spa was a beautiful facility. The moment you walk down the stairs and into the dressing rooms you feel relaxed. Plenty of spaces to sit and relax before or after your treatment or massage. I went for the Petite Champagne massage which was upper back and shoulders for 25 minutes. I would have done a full body but the massages were expensive. I live in NJ and am used to spas being expensive but I paid $79 for a 25 minute massage, which was high, but I will say totally worth it. My masseuse, Victoria, was fantastic and she got out all of the knots in my shoulders which was greatly appreciated.
10% tip is included in the total cost but I did leave an additional tip which of course is up to you. For couples, they have a room with two tables that overlooks the property and ocean or you can request a massage on the beach in one of the cabanas which also looked intriguing. If you need to unwind, definitely consider a massage, or other treatment, at Somma Wine Spa.

FRANCISCO L, Manager at Somma WineSpa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear MMSNJ08887

Thank you very much for your review we really appreciate your time posting your comments. About our prices we are working right now with a "Special of the Day" options besides our Main menu that I am pretty sure you will find atractive in your next visit.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The Somma Wine Spa is fabulous”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I won a two for one massage at the Somma Wine Spa at an owners function at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos. So after a hard day of laying around the pool, we went to our appointment and were very, very impressed with both what we saw and felt. What a fabulous spa!

We opted for our massages in the same room but were first ushered off to our respective locker rooms if that's what you want to call them. There were lockers certainly but also a hot jacuzzi, a cold plunge bath, dry sauna, steam room, lounging chairs with cold iced tea and water - all of this before we even go into the massage room.

When it was time for the massage we were led to this room with all the usual massage room amenities: soft music, wonderful aromas, soft lights. With our robes and slippers off, the ladies went to work on us for the next 50 minutes in the most wonderful ways. My wife and I have both had massages before a number of times but these were the best we have ever had. When the time was up we put our robes back on and went out to another area where we were served a delicious white wine, some frozen grapes and another little bite of something. There is never any hurry for you to leave and in fact we could have gone back in the locker rooms and done more in the facilities there if we chose. Suffice it to say that this was a really wonderful experience and if you find yourself anywhere in Cabo and want to be pampered, make your way to the Somma Wine spa and ENJOY!

2 Thank Bajajim1313
FRANCISCO L, Manager at Somma WineSpa, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dejar Benjajim1313

Thank you very much for your comment, we really appreciate your feed back that we are pretty sure will be very useful for "Spa Lovers" and also for us to still working with all those details that make your experience unforgettable.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Movie star quality pampering.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was drawn into the Spa does by the unique characteristics of wines that were scattered throughout the skin and Spa products. I chose a 50 minute massage which includes essence of crushed fresh grapes with oil kneaded and mashed all over my body. At first I felt like a spoiled movie star as the decor was as if I were
In a billionaires sheiks harem room.
I was taken to a ladies change area and much to my surprise it had in individual lockers with fresh towel bathrobe and slippers in vacuum packed bags. The mirrors behind me wets in a soft light and quite flattered my complexion. There was a dry and hot sauna with child shower area all was pristine hospital clean. After the sauna which is included with the cost of the massage I was escorted into a sumptuous security boudoir room with overhanging silk gentle and soft chairs and or large double bed sized chaises. After I was comfortably seated I was brought a glass of wine from the region of Mexico along with chilled sugared grapes. I felt sexy and pampered. There is a choice of massage areas to choose from a private outside cabana outside area to an in room area. I chose the Spa private outdoor cabana as it is overhanging the entire hotel and facing the sea the sound of the waves was additionally soothing. I was drooling after my massage was over again I had the choice to sit in the sheiks bedroom area (lol) as men and women are seated in this area with their robes.
This was a 5 star experience! !!

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank alexsassoon
Minneapolis, Minnesota
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Not 80 minutes”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I scheduled a same-day appointment and arrived eight minutes before the appointed time of 1:30. The woman who greeted me told me I had three minutes to change into their robe and slippers (I was ready in one minute). Then I was escorted to a waiting area where I sat for almost 20 minutes before being brought to the massage room where my therapist confirmed I had signed up for the 80-minute treatment. At 2:50, the massage was over, for an actual massage time of 60 minutes. It was an excellent massage and my skin felt great afterwards. After the massage, I was treated to a glass of red wine which was quite nice.

Somma is a beautifully-designed spa, with a truly luxurious feel. The massage rooms have an ocean view, the massage tables are appointed with Asian-inspired linens, the waiting rooms are comfortable, staff is friendly. Somma's amenities include a workout facility which I had used while staying at the hotel (the equipment here is top-notch and is in good working order); a large and small hot tub, steam room (wonderful), and hydrotherapy showers. The day of my appointment, the small hot tub was ice cold/out of service, the large hot tub was not hot enough, and the showers were luke-warm at best, forcing me to take a very quick rinse-off.

The price of the Somma Spa is hefty, so I expected the entire facility would be in top working order and the massage time would have been actually 80 minutes, leaving me feeling a bit ripped off.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Childbride82
Franlg, Manager at Somma WineSpa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Childbride82

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiencie during your last visit. For us is very important that the guest arrives in the SPA at least 30 min in advance so he/she can enjoy the previous experience (saunna, steam room, hot and cold tub) without affecting the duration of their treatment and this way we can also guarantee the punctual beggining of the next service.
Regarding your comment about the cold jacuzzi, it is a cold plunge that helps your body to stabilize it's temperature before going to your massage room. We apologize if we did not inform/encourage you enough to arrive earlier for the pre-relaxation routine, and thank you very much for sharing your observations and thoughts, as this will help us to improve our service/facilities in order to provide you with an excellent and much better experience on your next visit.