“Top Luxury Wine Spa Treatment, star rating is off the chart”
Review of Somma WineSpa

Somma WineSpa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula is ideal for creating a sanctuary that honors its roots. A space designed for the rejuvenation, sensibility and fusion of the body and soul into a unique concept: the exclusive Somma WineSPA. Our identity is best defined as wine therapy with a touch of Mexico. Grapes from the Guadalupe Valley and Santo Tomas in Baja California obtain their essence from the sea breeze; the ideal climate produces a superior fruit that when mature, is of an extraordinary quality that evokes the finest wines of this region and the world. Using professional fusions the grapes are sensed within the deepest layers of the skin, creating the perfect balance between ancestral and contemporary therapies.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top Luxury Wine Spa Treatment, star rating is off the chart”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

(PLEASE REMOVE LAST POST - this is final version with corrections)
---------------------------------
I rarely write reviews unless I am genuinely impressed and moved by all facets of an experience: quality of service, product, ambiance, personalities, decor, generosity of gifted products and so forth.

Each one of those elements were fully delivered and satisfied during my visit to Somma Wine Spa which is connected to the Fiesta Americana.

Upon arriving, I was greeted by the receptionist, Flor, who welcomed me warmly and professionally in english. As it was almost 7am, just before opening hours, she politely led me to the outside deck with a gorgeous view of the sunrise and a cup of tea. She suggested I lay down on the wider than average and comfy looking longchaise and enjoy the sunrise over the Pacific Ocean until opening time. As I lay and sipped my tea, I looked upon the sun breaking the horizon in its spectacular glory with wisps of clouds above reflecting a golden pinkish effect. It was panacea for the eyes.

Even in the exterior deck, the decor was impeccably set for tranquility and serenity. Before may was a shallow pool filled with pebbles and two spouts bringing forth a small fountain of water effect: audible, visual, both having a calming effect on the senses, while the sun rose.

After awhile, Flor welcomed me back to the front reception and asked whether I had a preference for a male or female masseuse to which I requested a female touch. While she looked at the computer screen, I began flipping through the brochure of various massage types. I expected to see only 3, however there were many more listed, each of which deepened my curiosity and interest with the exception of the massage tailored towards pregnant mothers....as I am a man. There is a massage for every possible therapeutic requirement. This Spa is luxury and professionalism at its best. And Flor knew each and every massage package detail for detail as if on the back of her hand. She explained the differences comprehensively to help me make an informed decision. Already from the outset, Flor was the introduction to professional and courteous service!

I was pulled between choosing the facial massage for men or the swedish body message. I opted for the latter... A few knots had formed on my lower to mid back which needed some therapeutic touch ups....

Flor offered me the choice of starting with the steam and sauna rooms as well as the hot and cold jacuzzi's followed by the massage session itself and concluding with a local white wine and fruits. I opted for the message first and conclude in reverse order with the steam, sauna, whirlpools and then a tea and delicious fruits. I will NEVER FORGET the partially frozen grapes that were the most delicious I have ever tasted!

The sliced bananas with honey accompanied by those yummy grapes is a must.

I was introduced to Magda, the masseusse who was both professional and had a naturally warm and sunny disposition and a welcoming smile.

She asked me my preference: the outdoor spa gazebo with immaculate beige/cream curtains and clear fresh air or the indoor massage rooms? Outdoor anyday! The bed itself was tastefully covered by a Japanese style sheet decoration, the floors wooden, positive energies felt good on the feet. She discretely left so I could undress out of the robe that had been supplied and went under the cover. Upon her return, she reviewed the information I provided where I marked off the most needed points of stress on my back. And did Magda work on my back using Swedish techniques soft to medium pressure. I was thoroughly impressed that she never tired and kept persistently working the areas of knots away.

A true professional who knew what she was doing, Magda was able to release the tension in the back muscles which many are unable to truly achieve at other spas. Thank you Magda, you really made a tremendous effort.

50 minutes was the session although I could have chosen the 80 minute package. Next time....I will!

The steam and sauna areas in the men's zone were exactly as it should be....management should be applauded for their attention to detail. Packaged toothbrushes and toothpaste, aftershave cream, hair molding cream, razor blades, shaving foam/gel, hair dryers and other conveniences were easily in eye's view and accessible at no additional cost. The interior design left nothing out, every detail accounted for in the men's zone, tastefully done and bespoke excellence of quality. Gentlemen...you need to check every corner and nook of this spa - management has proven success in how things ought to be done.

Bravo to the Management Team.

At the end of it, I remember being brought to a resting area to enjoy my tea and fruits (I should have grabbed the white wine but it was early in the day) which you just have to experience for yourselves. I read a few pages of the beauty of Cabo Mexico's landscapes and animals but fell asleep like a baby.

The rest is history!

Muchissimos gracias Sommo Wine and Spa for a unique and extraordinary experience - other Spa's.... Please take heed.

2 Thank Travellerbugger

Newtown, Connecticut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Best massage ever!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were treated like royalty! My husband and I did a candles massage and it was truly the best massage we've ever had. Great, attentive staff. Would highly recommend the Somma Winespa.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank kamcalli1
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Concept, Great Staff”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here in August and was impressed by the wine-infused spa concepts. I've had a lot of massages in the past, but this was the first where I was served a glass of wine afterwards. It really aided in the relaxation process and extended the experience - a nice touch, for sure! The staff (Majo and Francisco especially) is really friendly and it's a great setup with the fitness room and patios overlooking the property/ocean.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank WakeandWander
California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best Spa I've been to!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The best part about Fiesta Americana is their wine spa-Somma. We got a couple's massage and absolutely loved it! Any spa treatment came with use of the gym which otherwise was $15/day. The massage tables were situated either outdoor overlooking the ocean or in a cozy room with an ocean view. The spa robe and slippers were luxurious and they also provided lockers for belongings. The steam room, sauna and jacuzzi was nice! The massage oils were wine-based and felt just lovely. I also got a chardonnay exfoliation and loved it too. I wish they'd let us use the gym everyday. The spa staff were friendly and attentive, they had separate section for men and women. The treatments were followed by a glass of red or white Mexican wine and a couple of tiny snacks (sugared frozen grapes and nuts) which were delish. Only thing I'd suggest is keeping the appointments 60 mins instead of 50 mins. We missed the evening oceanside spa rituals (which we really wanted to do) because of the hotel concierge staff who gave us incorrect information.

Overall, Somma was an excellent 5-star spa experience and I highly recommend it.

Visited November 2012