Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Yivvie014...
Vancouver, Canada
“Cockroach Inn”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

We don't have good things to say. We showed up to the condo...at first glance, everything seemed okay. As we got settled in, we noticed that the condo hadn't been cleaned properly at all. The bathroom tub was filthy...including the walls. The shower head pressure would cut in and out, sometimes completely turning off on its own. The hot water only ran for about 7 minutes each time we showered. The fridge had old food inside of it (from previous tenants/renters) which we never noticed until a few days in (YUCK). Light bulbs quickly burnt out and outlets slowly stopped working. We found ourselves re-arranging the lamps in desperation for light! At the end of the trip, we were in a two light studio. The worst part of the entire stay was the cockroaches. We must've killed around 20+....they were everywhere!!! It was nerve racking going to sleep wondering if we would wake up with them in the bed, in our luggage when we returned home, or worse find them on us!! We weren't promised Wi-Fi - wasn't hooked up as promised, so that was another disappointment. It was horrible. I actually stayed at a friends place one night just because the condo was filthy and infested. We were not impressed and having my friend come and stay in such a disgusting environment and show her "cabo" in those conditions was just embarrassing. The owner needs to be addressed with what the conditions of his/her condo were like.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cockroaches and everything I described in my review.
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Apr 13, 2013
I spoke with this client after her return and prior to this review and have notified the owner of these items. Due to an illness the property manager who had been managing this condo for years had to go back to the US. This is a new manager and maid. No excuse for lack of cleanliness and lack of fumigation. Had this client contacted me regarding these issues while in the condo rather than after returning home, I could have either solved these issues immediately or moved her to another unit.

Below are the comments from this owner after I spoke with him and shared my client's comments.

Not good to hear, we were just down there six weeks ago, and spent a couple thousand dollars upgrading. the maid is new and working with Mariana who is also new, guess I didn't realize how good I had it with my former manager. I am contacting Mariana today to have the condos sprayed. as for the lights and outlets that is a new one, they were working fine when I was there and have never heard of this problem before. will have it checked out. I will have to have Mariana show the maid what is expected. all that being said, after doing this for 12 years there are all kinds of people out there and we don't all see the same things the same way. I will have it all looked at and taken care of so we don't have this problem again. thanks
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing