“Good on both visits”
Review of Puerto San Lucas

Puerto San Lucas
Reserve with OpenTable
Puerto San Lucas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 578 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Av. Playa Grande
Description: Chic, attractive and modern, Puerto San Lucas is a delicious new dining alternative in Cabo San Lucas. Savor juicy steaks, succulent seafood and authentic Mediterranean dishes. Leave the traditional and old-fashioned behind. Enjoy bistro-style ambiance and definitely European service at a casual Los Cabos restaurant that's anything but ordinary.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good on both visits”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family ate here twice when we were staying at the Playa Grande Resort. The service was definitely slow but we found the service slow at every restaurant in Cabo. My kids loved the flat bread served before the meal. The seared tuna was very good and not overdone like other places. The red snapper special was also very good. My wife had the pork chop and it was excellent. The pizza that my son had was not the best. The tomato sauce was bland. My 15 year old daughter finished her meal on both visits which is unusual. We tried the creamed vegetable soup and the clam chowder and both could have used more salt. All and all, this restaurant on par with other restaurants we ate at around the marina.

• Visited December 2013
Flora C, General Manager at Puerto San Lucas, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Paul S,
Thank you so much for visiting our restaurant. I am delighted that you enjoyed our seared tuna and your kids loved the flat bread.
Cordially

New York
“don't bother”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Was staying at Playa Grande resort, so went to Puerto San Lucas restaurant with some friends for our last dinner in Cabo because it was so convenient. It was probably the worst meal we had during our trip.I don't know if it was because it was a sunday night, but there wasn't that many people at the restaurant. Not a good sign.

First off, I think charging $50 pesos for a 500ml bottle of Evian is a bit much, especially when you find out after getting the check.
Ordered the shrimp and crab cake appetizer - They were ok. Not much flavor and slightly undercooked.
For entrees, we ordered the steak and lobster tail, seafood risotto, and the seafood brochette - the seafood and the rice in the risotto and the brochette were undercooked for both dishes. The steak and lobster was just ok; nothing memorable. The service was just average.

For anyone staying at Playa Grande or Grand Solmar, I would recommend any of the other restaurants around the marina or downtown, even if it means some walking. I've had so much better food at other restaurants and was disappointed in the quality of the food for our last meal of the trip.

Dear Traveler,
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the problems encountered during your most recent visit to our restaurant.
Please rest assured we are taking corrective action to prevent such things from happening in the future. We have distributed copies of your message to Food & Beverages Manager involved with your comments and asked what corrective measures they will take to ensure.
We hope you give us an opportunity to serve you in a future.
Cordially
Portland, Oregon
“Good Food, Tango Dancers and live Band”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is the first time we have eaten at this restaurant and the food was very good. My wife had the Salmon filet. It was delicious and she loved it. I had the surf and turf. The filet was excellent and cooked exactly as I ordered. The lobster was good but a little on the small side. the salmon was about $18 and the surf and turf was about $36. Not bad considering the abundance of bread, veggies, etc. that came with the plates.The service was okay.We especially enjoyed the live band and the tango dancers that performed throughout the dinner. They even picked some people out of the audience for some quick tango lessons. All in all a fun night. If you go, pick a night when they have some free entertainment... great value added.

• Visited December 2013
Flora C, General Manager at Puerto San Lucas, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Hstriplin,
Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding your most recent visit to our restaurant.
I am glad you enjoyed our Tango Night. We want that all our guest feel completely satissfied when they enjoy our meals and drinks in general.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Worst service and food in Cabo!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Not only was the service terrible the food was terrible also. I have been to cabo two or three times a year for ten years and never had food or service this bad.

1 Thank Donald K
Flora C, General Manager at Puerto San Lucas, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Donald,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your most recent visit to our restaurant.
I would like to take this opportunity and kindly ask you if you could tell us more regarding your experience in order to improve in our service and exceed your expectations.We want that all our guest feel completely satissfied when they enjoy our meals and drinks in general.
Chicago, Illinois
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

2nd yr in a row we went here. Last year we went 2x. Never disappointed. The service is the best we have had at any restaurant in Cabo. They are so accommodating. Love the quiet atmosphere. Great for a special quiet romantic celebration. Had the sea bass in mango sauce and it was excellent. The lobster ravioli and rice dishes were good but slightly salty for my tastes. Heard the key lime pie was excellent but we were too full to try. The garlic flatbtead they serve is excellent. Definitely worth going to especially if you are looking for a quiet dinner.

Flora C, General Manager at Puerto San Lucas, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
I will share with our staff your comments about their service. We want that all our guest feel completely satisfied when they enjoy our meals and drinks in general.
Hoping to see you next year again to enjoy our meals,