“Acceptable”

Estancia Real Los Cabos
Ranked #51 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Acceptable”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We just stayed here for 5 days as work wouldn't allow the time for a 7 day all inclusive. the ac worked well and the pool was clean, the front desk isn't much help, the area is great, you are one block west of the mall, right in the middle of cheap eats, and street vendors. the chicken place a block up is excellent. we saw a cock roach the first night, and the moved us quickly. We watched them fumigating every other night. cabo cush is only a block or two south and it seemed comparable, for almost half the price.Also the biggest complaint Id have is the rooms pictured are suites, not a regular room. the regular rooms are quite small and dated. we ended up paying 70 cad a night on a walk in, when most places were booked so cant complain too much. there is a half dozen similar hotels all around here so walk around and price them out if you have time. We checked out the cabo Inn, the owners seemed off, so we didn't bother.Also, the included breakfast was pretty basic. just cereal and juice.

Room Tip: the suites are updated, so i'm guessing they are nicer.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 8, 2014

First of all, the few nice things I have to say about the hotel - it's pretty cheap for Cabo and it's in a great location. I was pretty pleased with my choice when I checked in. The room is on the small side but relatively clean if you don't look too closely.

I woke up after my first night at the hotel with a few bites. I figured I must have been bit by a mosquito. The second morning, I woke up with my arms covered in bites. I went to reception at 6 AM, showed them the bites, and they gave me keys to a new room, two doors down. We left for the afternoon and I didn't think much of it. That afternoon, I took a 30 minute siesta, only to wake up with even more bites. There was no longer any doubt that I was being eaten by bed bugs.

I had reserved 6 nights and paid for them upon check in at the Estancia Real. We ended up moving to the Marriott Fairfield Inn down the road on our third day (WAYYYYY nicer hotel for only about $30 more per night). We spent the rest of our vacation trying to get a refund for the four nights we didn't stay at the Estancia Real. The manager, Silvia, hid from us in the back office and refused to speak with us in person. I ended up having to involve Booking.com (who I reserved the room through) and we finally got the refund we were due 2 minutes before we had to get on the airport shuttle.

On our last morning, I called Booking.com and they had a Spanish speaker call the hotel and they spoke with Silvia while I was on hold. Booking told me that per their conversation, we were to bring our credit card back to the hotel to get our refund and Silvia was expecting us in 20 minutes. We arrive 20 minutes later, only to be told Silvia wasn't there and that our refund has to go through Booking (which is against Booking's policy). We ended up having to get Booking on the line to mediate in order to get our last minute refund before we left the country.

I have NEVER received such terrible customer service or been fed such a series of lies. I've traveled all over the world (in budget hotels and otherwise) and have never had such a terrible experience. Despite Silvia's insistence that she had a doctor come in and sign a "certificate" that there were no bed bugs, I went to my doctor upon my return to Seattle and there is no doubt that the bites are from bed bugs. And I just happen to be unlucky enough to be really allergic to them.

Save yourself the trouble and spend a few dollars more at the Marriott Fairfield - they saved this trip for us!

Room Tip: Definitely don't choose 110 or 112.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Katrina F

Travelers are raving about these Cabo San Lucas hotels

Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The place is nice, clean and most of all very well placed. It is reasonably priced and offers a good confort, good service.
There is nothing specific to the hotel, no activities or nice restaurant in the building, just an overall good hotel if you plan to spend more time visiting / enjoying the beach.than staying in your room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Vista, California
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Close to the Puerto Paraiso mall, near bars, clubs, and the marina. Friendly front desk staff. So so continental breakfast - same food every day. Broken window glass on outside the first floor which have been taped up.

Room Tip: Try 2nd or 3rd floor to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here for a few days at the end of a resort vacation. It is nothing fancy like a resort, but it is a small in town hotel very close to the beach, mall, marina, restaurants, and bars. There is a nice small pool, which is hardly used but very clean.
The rooms are plain but large and extremely clean. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room, and FREE wifi with a very good signal. Free breakfast of cereal, oatmeal, and a little fruit was not so good.
We only paid $49 per night which is a great deal. I would definately stay here again. It is a very easy, safe walk to everything.

Room Tip: I would choose a room that faces only one street due to street noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotmamacj
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We liked everything about this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to everything. Our room had a flat screen TV, the wifi worked ok, and our room was cleaned every day. The hotel has a nice pool and a fitness center, however the treadmill was broke when we were there.The free breakfast has juice, coffee, cereal, fruit and buns. If you pay for breakfast your choices are omelettes, quesedillas and chilaquiles, scrambled mexican eggs. The prices are good and the portions are generous and tasted delicious. The hotel is located near lots of local taco stands and restaurants. Taco May has the best tacos in Cabo for just 14 pesos. The local bus drops you off on the main st and you can take it to the airport for just 27 pesos each. It takes between an hour and an hour and a half to get to the airport. Wamart is just a short bus ride away for 10 pesos.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MichelleGee8
new york
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Rosa Cesena went beyond the call of duty and arranged for an emergency medical appointment in La Paz over 2 hours away. This hotel staff is very attentive to the needs of its clients and provides five star service at a 3 star rate. kudos.

Room Tip: best rate weekdays.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo