“Fishing Boat in Cabo San Lucus to AVOID”

Mucho Loco Sportfishing
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fishing Boat in Cabo San Lucus to AVOID”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

After discussing fishing with several boat captains in Cabo San Lucus, Mexico my brother and I settled on the Mucho Loco boats. The owner had a very convincing reasons why we should fish with him. Worst fishing decision my brother and I have made when it comes to fishing in Mexico. The captain and crew could not speak even broken English "which makes it difficult to receive advice or instructions". We had hooked 3 marlins throughout the day. The gear the boat was using was in very poor condition (dull hooks & old line) compiled with poor decision by captain and crew when fish were hooked. First case: hooked nice marlin, as I tried to keep my line loaded (tight) the captain put the boat very quickly into reverse and I instantly lost the fish. Second case: My brother hooked a nice marlin "so we thought" the crew took the rod and jerking it several times fish off. We examined the hook when we reeled it in, it was absolutely the dullest hook either of us had ever seen. Third case: My brother hooked into a very nice marlin, fought it for 8 or 10 minutes and "snap" line breaks. Not a case of over pressuring the line or the fish. We reviewed the line as we reeled it in and it had several places that showed signs of fraying. My brother and I grew up fishing saltwater fishing in Alaska and Washington. We have been on hundreds of boats over the years and have never witnessed such a poor display as we did fishing with the Mucho Loco people. We understand that Fishing is not catching but if your grew AND gear is not prepared, your really just out for a boat ride. We will never fish again with this company. Next day we went with another captain LORENZO BELLO and it was the type of trip you'd expect. Caught some huge marlin and mahi-mahi.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank jprewitt616

Fort Worth, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Terrible equipment, idiot crew!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The boat we got was mucho loco too and all the rods and reels were complete garbage! One in our party fought a marlin with a old beat up rod that had a very old, loose reel. The whole thing torqued around so much that our friend got 5 [five] nasty blisters...his hand was hamburger! When I caught my fish, I had a better, but still very old pen reel on a old rod that you couldn't tighten down the reel...I tried. I ended up with 2 blisters. Also the crew spoke very little english, and after we ran out of live bait, they didn't want to catch more and we were forced to come back 2 hours early. I have been come to cabo for 20 years and this is the worst operation I have used. Overall, we caught fish but every boat in cabo was catching fish so make sure and skip mucho loco, raphael fleet.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank hillbilly60
Schaumburg, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mucho Loco is the best”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

All I can say is that I made the right choice. After doing a ton of research I was thinking of going with one of the bigger charter companies down there. I am glad I didn't. Captain José and his crew did an amazing job of putting us on fish and wouldn't give up on going after the big one. After an already great day of catching 6 Dorado and a Wahoo José kept looking for a Marlin. Throughout the day we must have seen at least a dozen with no luck. As we were on our way back José spotted another Marlin and made my fishing dreams come true. We landed a 8ft 120lb Striped Marlin. It was the perfect end to already great experience. If you are looking for great deep sea experience look no further than Mucho Loco

Visited September 2013
1 Thank steve a
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A Most Memorable Fishing Experience”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went out on the Mucho Loco II with another couple. I was our first time fishing in Cabo. As you can see in the photo it was a fantastic experience.

Visited January 2013
Oakdale, Connecticut, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Jose is the best!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The mucho loco offers great fishing! This is our 2nd year fishing with the 1/2 loco. Jose is a wonderful captain! He made sure we caught fish, and boy did we. 3 large dorado, and a marlin on the line, but he won. We will be back next year!

Visited January 2013