“A Different Restaurant with a Real WOW Factor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Love Lobster - CLOSED

Love Lobster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Mexican foodlobster per kilo, breakfast, tacos, enchiladas, sea food & more
Manhattan Beach, California
“A Different Restaurant with a Real WOW Factor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is not an ordinary place. Going up the stairs to the open front restaurant you walk between barrel barbeque grills with smoker lids that are fired up (hot, don't touch). As the sun goes down, the place is lighted by 8 or 9 big screen TVs, all with different sports events. We were seated at a table with a good street view framed by large cactus and the strange looking cultural center. Did I mention the table was set on two saw-horses? Now for the WOW factor. The staff was very good, the menu simple, very heavy on seafood and steaks. I had the grilled lobster and shrimp combo with sides of Cesar salad and black beans. I had a starter of guacamole and pico de gallo (with a kick) and very fresh tortilla chips for scoopers (an excellent choice). My wife had grilled sea bass with salad and grilled vegetables. Both of our dishes were prepared with flair and were delicious. Oh, they also turned up the lights a tad so we could read the menu. By the time we left, it was dark outside and the restaurant seem more that bright enough. A restaurant with a wonderful combination of contrasts. Now open 7 am to 1 am, breakfast through late dinner. Love Lobster is definitely on our A-list.

• Visited March 2013

Sydney
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a great meal here... probably even one of the best (especially value for money) of the holiday. We had some amazing margaritas (HUGE!) to start with before sharing a combo plate of tuna with lobster tail. YUM! They cooked it on the grill right in front of us and it was served on some delicious rice :) Would definitely go back and actually wish we could have eaten there instead of some more expensive places we tried.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
michigan
“Great lobster ! Great price !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

For 20.00 we had yummy lobster and Mahi in diablo sauce !! The service was a little slow, but worth the wait !! If you want inexpensive and VERY good lobster this is a must !!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Was good but could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just had dinner at Love Lobster, a restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. There were good and bad things about this restaurant. I will start with the bad and end with the good.
Bad: the restaurant was way too dark to see my meal.
BAd: it was so dark, that when my meal arrived (garlic shrimp over skirt steak, over rice) I couldn't see that I had to PEEL the butterflied garlic shrimp. Crunchy...I think you get my meaning! By the time I peeled all the shrimp (4) in the near total darkness, my steak was cold.
Now for the good:
The staff at the restaurant were very attentive to us
The food tasted delicious, just cold by the time I got to eat it
What would I do to fix this? Peel the shrimp for your visitors, then cook and serve it hot, and add just a small amount of mood light so eaters can see the meal. The presentation was lovely from what i could see, and the rice was very good too, it was just too hard to eat it after having to peel the shrimp in near total darkness. Fix those two things and I will be a return visitor! ( or I could just go there before it gets dark).....

Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have to try this place for amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

While staying Cabo we came across this restaurant. Best food in Cabo ... Caesar salad is the best!! Every dish we had was awesome. I miss it !!

• Visited January 2013