“Best tacos in Cabo”

Tacos Guss
Ranked #38 of 601 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Fresh Salsas-Handmade Tortillas The Best Pastor in Town!!! Beef-Chicken-Pork Shrimp-Fish Lengua-Tripa Arrachera Tacos-Burritos-Tortas And more .... Corona-Pacifico....
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My 5-star rating for Tacos Guss is based on the quality, quantity, and price. It's not a taco truck, nor a sit-down restaurant, but somewhere in between. You don't go there for the ambiance - you go there for the delicious, quality tacos and the can't-be-beat prices.

Our family of four had drinks and a total of 10 tacos of various kinds, and the bill was only $185 pesos (around $16 at the current exchange rate). We sat at the table closest to the grill and watched them make our tortillas to order, and also watched them grill up the meat for our tacos. Everything made to order, and fresh.

As others have mentioned, they give you a huge selection of condiments -- in ours, we had radishes, shredded cabbage, marinated carrots, etc. We also had four different salsas, and we requested some other stuff, like sliced cucumbers, cheese, and some pico de gallo, as well as two additional types of salsas. All of the "additional" stuff was at no charge.

We've had tacos at other similar places around Cabo and Tacos Guss is, hands down, far superior in both quality and pricing. Twelve years of eating at different taco "hole-in-the-wall" places in Cabo, and this place is our absolute favorite.

Go -- you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank dmwalker

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Opened 24 hours and what a treat, Large variety of fresh tacos and plenty of people stop by after a night out. Great Service

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Flour tacos freshly made and delicious, several fresh condiments ( pico de gallo, radishes, pickled carrots, cilantro, etc) and mouthwatering al pastor and shrimp tacos. I also tried the pescado, intestines, and tongue, all were fresh, seasoned perfectly and served fresh and hot.

The best food I had during my Cabo trip, hands down.

1  Thank Flair724
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently enjoyed tacos from this place multiple times during my stay in cabo. (actually I have not left yet). One of my local friends Fernando(aka Happy) showed me this spot and usually when the locals take me someplace it is good grubbin and cheap. Every time I have frequented this establishment I have never been dissapointed. The PASTOR IS THE BEST ! The arrechera is also real good. They make the tortillas right there on a press in the kitchen. If you get the timing right there will be pastor spinning on the roasting spit and they will cut it down fresh and onto the grill. It is great to go after you hit the club late night and all you smell is meat grilling and smoke coming from their open store front where there is a huge salsa bar and many condiments at no cost I might add. Most places will charge you "tourist" prices and get your for the sour cream,guac,cheese and so on nicle and diming you to death. To give you an example my family and I got 10 tacos and 4 drinks plus all the extras for a $180 pesos which is less than $20 USD. Try to find any restaurant in Cabo where you can do that... You can't. Long story short my next visit to Cabo I will be sure to come back and eat there many times as I have already done this trip.

1  Thank knekotani
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tacos Guss is a street taco shop loved by visitors and locals alike. This is the place to go for the after clubbing meal at 3 or four in the morning.