6,783 results
All reviews peninsula restaurant la bodega bikini bar sushi sky bar israel castillo fire pit los cabos vacation club our waiter fish tacos all inclusive resort beautiful resort our favorite restaurant food and drinks sushi restaurant top shelf time share
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Just got back from this amazing resort with my husband, it was so awesome we already booked for next year. I’ve been to Mexico 9 times cabo and this resort is my favorite. The food , service and atmosphere were phenomenal. The best thing about this resort was Jamie by the pool, he went above and beyond excellent service. He always had a place for us to sit , our drinks were never empty and he would find us wherever we move to a hot tub or pool. And we never had to get up to get lunch he brought food right to us I can’t wait to see him next year, thank you again Jamie great job brother

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Being a member of FA for now 9 years, we keep coming back not only for the R&R and amazing scenery but also the staff. We have been very fortunate to create friendships with many of the staff. From Leonardo (Cart Driver), Ruby (Pool Maintenance), Ramiro (Server at pool and waiter at Vina del Mar - who always remembers our name), Daniel, Abraham mendez Nava and Hector also at Vina Del Mar. Not to forget Elizabeth who makes the best omletes. They make each breakfast more and more special, especially for my wife for her birthday when they brought out a plate of treats with writing in chocolate saying, "Happy Birthday la princesa". Nanelly is also very helpful making sure that our experiences are special and unforgettable.
And I can't leave out Israel who made the actual day of my wife's birthday. We decided to get a Cabana on the beach that day and he made it extremely special, having it set up with balloons, towel swans and flower petals on the bed. Oh ya, and our concierge Julio Fernandez also helped have our Suite decorated with balloons and decorations for my wife's birthday. We'll be back next year.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My wife and I stayed here 6 nights for our 20th anniversary. Let me start off by staying we really enjoyed ourselves and were very pleased with the overall all-inclusive package and amenities this resort has to offer.

Upon arrival and check-in, you will likely be approached by somebody who will go over the basic amenities of the resort and answer any questions you may have. Keep in mind, their main purpose in doing this is to get you to sign up for a vacation club presentation (aka time share program). They assured us the vacation club presentation would only be 90 minutes, would be during breakfast, and that there would be no pressure whatsoever to sign up for anything. You'll even be offered a "gift" for attending. We took them up on this offer to basically get 2 Swedish massages and a facial (which were awesome by the way). Here is my disclaimer: The presentation will likely take 3 HOURS, and it is very HIGH PRESSURE. We basically had to get out of our chairs after 3 hours and tell our salesperson that we were finished and were walking to the door. So unless this sounds good to you, don't sign up. The massages were great, but in retrospect, we would not do this again.

Our room was great! We stayed in a Deluxe Ocean View King room. It was clean, well maintained, and easy to get to. Staying on the top floor (level 6) is a plus because you get great views of the resort and ocean. Bring earplugs as the birds can be very noisy in the early morning hours, as well as the resort workers prepping for the day. We never heard anyone next door to us, but anytime somebody walked by the door, the noise level seemed as if the door were open. We never really used room service except to have some bottled water delivered to us. The first time we ordered water was great. The second time I called twice (after waiting over an hour), even complained to my waiter that evening (he assured us we would get some bottled water delivered ASAP), but nothing ever happened.

The restaurants and food choices were also fantastic. I especially liked the restaurant Blu, which is kind of hidden and not easy to get to. You need to get one of the workers to drive you there in a golf cart. Shout out to the manager, Oscar Garcia, hostess Bella, bartender, Saul, and waiters Felipe, Freddy, Oscar, and Francisco! Their attention to detail and excellent food choices made this my favorite place to eat.

The pool area is crowded and you need to wake up early (6:45 am) in order to grab some towels and reserve your spots. Although they have signs which discourage this, everybody does it. The same is true for the spots on the beach (our favorite). Wake up early, watch the sunrise over the ocean, and leave your towels and something personal like a shirt or book on your chaise lounge to "save" your spot.

This resort is very family friendly and there are lots of kids everywhere. We love kids but may opt for an adults only all inclusive next time due to the noise level of kids playing everywhere. Even the adults only pool has a lot of kid noise around it.

The shows and theme nights that they offered were fantastic and they work very hard to keep you entertained while you are there. We especially loved the Mexican Show night as well as the live music around the fire pit each evening.

We did go dancing one night at the Black Lemon Discotheque. It was fun but they were playing a lot of hardcore rap from the early 2000s which isn't really my taste for dance music.

Our favorite activity was laying on the beach and ordering drinks and food all day. I think I gained about 5 pounds on this trip (the fish tacos are amazing)! The drinks are a bit watered down...not the same alcohol content as a regular bar would use, but when your out in the hot sun all day, that's probably a good thing!

If you like to snorkel, bring your gear! It is very shallow, but my wife and I were able to see tons of different fish and even an octopus. The resort offers masks, snorkels, and life jackets (no fins) but you can only check it out for 1 hour at a time. We went to Walmart and bought our own.

If you're adventurous, rent a car from the resort for 24 hours. Omar, the National representative, was very friendly and answered all of our questions! It was only $60! We drove to San Jose Del Cabo and walked through the city square and shops. Make sure you bring your cell phone and have data so you can use Waze or Google Maps. There are also tons of federales driving around with truck mounted machine guns. This made my wife a little uneasy, but for the most part, I felt safe. The shopkeepers will hound you to come into their stores as you walk by, which was a little unpleasant, but they're trying to make a living, so who can blame them? Make sure you pump your own gas when you are filling up the tank for the purpose of returning the car, or at least get out of your car to verify how much gas you are purchasing. I was overcharged $10 US for a couple of gallons of gas, and felt taken advantage of by my "full-service" gas attendant.

We will definitely be back to visit this Grand Fiesta (if we bring our kids) or possibly a different one (if we go alone). They work hard to make your stay enjoyable. All inclusive is definitely the way to go!

Room tip: Deluxe Ocean View on highest levels (5 or 6) for the best ocean views.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stumpjumper33
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Another great trip to GFA Los Cabos.
Great room with unbeatable view is Sea of Cortez.

Service continues to be exceptional.
Ramiro Trani is fantastic and one of the primary reasons we continue to come back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Nice location - beautiful venue. But on a daily basis employees harassed parents and kids about their wristbands - our group was well behaved and we paid over $200,000 to be here. We met with the general manager and other staff - they continued to block 18 yr olds from going into the dance club. Turned off the fire pit every 1/2 hour in order to charge fees to the kids. There was absolutely know reason for our treatment and we won’t be back-

Trip type: Traveled with friends