We had such a wonderful time at this property last summer that we chose to return in March for another 8 day vacation with our 2 children (ages 6 & 8). Though it was fantastic each time, the improvements made to the property between our August and March trips were notable: the food was exceptional, the staff seemed more trained (with exception of the front desk and bell staff) and the operations of this large hotel overall seemed smoother.
Rooms: We stayed in the villas section of the hotel during our first trip (just below the newly completed section), and although it was a newer section of the hotel, the bathrooms were small and only had a tub/shower combo. The room had a large table with 4 seats which was nice for the times we had room service, and the large balconies were certainly a bonus from which to enjoy gorgeous ocean views. However, it was a long walk/many stairs to the pool and beach which was not a problem for our family but it might be difficult for some guests. We stayed in the ocean view rooms (above the Grand Club) during our most recent visit and enjoyed that room as well. The bathroom featured a large tub and separate shower, as well as 2 vanities, which was much more comfortable for our family of 4 than the setup in the villas. Beds are firm but comfortable. Plenty of closet space, as well as chest of drawers for clothing storage. Very small balcony in these rooms though.
Food: The change of the beachfront restaurant, Peninsula, to include breakfast service was very smart, as it was so nice to have the ability to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner from this stunning location. We dined in Vina del Mar and Peninsula most mornings and the buffet was well stocked and well staffed. Yes, there are problems with flies that the staff does their best to keep away from the food, but Cabo is in a tropical location so there is only so much that can be done, so don't complain! We enjoyed the Sushi Sky Bar, which was delicious and gorgeously remodeled, as well as Rosato which was wonderful as well. The addition of the tapas by the fire pit, complete with the cozy couches that are moved into the area in the evening, was very enjoyable. Room service was always fast and the food was always very good too.
Beach & Pool: YES, the beach is rocky and when the tide is up, there is a small swimming area, but this is by no means a calm beach for swimming. If you are looking for that experience, this is not the property for you. However, if you are looking for great snorkeling (though carefully due to all of the nearby rocks) and fish feeding (a big hit with the kids) with stunning views of the waves crashing on the rocks, you've found it. Enjoying the beauty of the beach from the cabanas is not to be missed. The pools are clean and comfortably warm, and the pool area is well staffed. An area of improvement would be to have the towels removed from the unused chairs in a more timely manner throughout the day at both the pool and beach, as they definitely pile up on chairs and do not appear to be cleaned up until early evening.
Staff: My husband was unfortunately 3 weeks off knee surgery and on crutches the whole time, and the staff was very kind to help him around as best they could. Haime and Raphael took exceptional care of us and our children at both the beach and pool each day, and certainly deserve the recognition they deserve from management. Raphael helped us set up chairs in the grass by the Bikini swim up bar every day he was working in that area, and Haime was one of the fastest, hardest working beach servers we've ever seen. Israel was wonderful at La Cevicheria and loved my husband's ball cap so much that we ended up giving it to him! I've never seen a happier guy as the recipient of such an unusual tip! Housekeeping was great as well and did a great job of keeping our room exceptionally clean. The front desk and bell staff need some work, as they did not seem to be sincerely focused on the guests' needs, including proper welcoming upon arrival and questions about your stay upon departure. There seemed to be a lack of care in that area in each of our travels to this property, which is not a good first nor last impression for guests. The bell staff did way too much congregating and socializing rather than focusing on the guests, including the basics of opening the lobby doors for guests.
The falcon: Do not be alarmed by the very well trained guy walking around with the falcon (yes, literally, a real falcon!) that is present to chase off the seagulls that clutter the beach and pool. Apparently the seagulls are terrified of this bird and we were always happy to see him around, as the seagulls quickly depart upon seeing this raptor touring the property and are no longer a nuisance to the guests. Brilliant idea for bringing in this unique service to the hotel!
Fiesta Kids Club: Great experience last summer but not impressed at all this time. The staff ladies were quite rude and seemed annoyed that we checked in on our kids periodically. We also did not like the amount of time they were allowed to go on the computers rather than organizing more activities in the playroom and physical activities outside.
Bottom line is that this is a 4 star, not a 5 star hotel, so manage your expectations. There are problems at every property no matter which star level it is, but overall, this is a wonderful property that we would definitely return to. Great value in a stunning location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an amazing world of contrasts where the desert meets the sea. For your visit to this seductive and enchanting destination, choose the world-class Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, where your visit will be defined by exclusivity, luxury and distinction. The exceptional hotel helps you to enjoy your vacation in Grand Style. You'll be amazed by the subtle details and the diversity of the flavors, aromas and colors that emerge throughout your stay. Every day is memorable and different. And there's no better way to enjoy it than with our Grand All Inclusive concept, where it's indulging just to be here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf And Spa
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Fiesta Americana
- Los Cabos Fiesta Americana Resort
- Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa Cabo San Lucas