Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed here march 13-18 and have never enjoyed a resort more than this.Have celiac disease and was worried about food choices,staff was very concerned,chefs were consulted.ate three meals a day with no problem!Upon arrival at resort David sat with us for quite awhile answering questions about the area,places to go and to avoid,feel he went above and beyond.All staff at the resort were the most attentive and couteous that i have ever encountered.Took the resort from great to exceptional.Beach was wonderful,swimable,plenty of beach chairs(on the average probably half were taken),lovely cabanas that you could lounge in at the end of a warm day on the beach.Beach service would bring you drinks all day!Small gym with all the basics,wonderful spa(had a couples massage on the patio overlooking ocean for reasonable price),coffee and pastry shop with six computers open until ten at night,three jacuzzi's,pools,very nice rooms with ocean views...everything very clean!Could go on..overall the most peaceful,romantic vacation i've ever been on.Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: 4th floor room had lovely balcony view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank paul b
John K, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

It is a great pleasure to read such an amazing review of our hotel, thank you for your kind words. I will make sure that David and the rest of the staff receive this post knowing that it will make them work harder and give an even better service every day. Also, thank you for letting the staff know about your dietary needs, even though we have a set menu or buffet we pride ourselves on being flexible with our guests special needs, particularly when it comes to allergies and food intolerances. Every guest is very special to us and we want you to feel that way. We can´t wait to have you back! Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,251)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We recently spent 6 nights in the villas at Fiesta Americana. We exchanged through the HGVC.
The pros first--the location and property are beautiful, the grounds are meticulously kept, and the ancillary staff (housekeepers, valat service, golf cart drivers) are friendly and very helpful.

Unfortunately for us there were more cons. When we booked this property it was not an all-inclusive resort. if we had known this we probably would have looked for another property.We have been to Cabo before and part of the fun is exploring the neighboring towns and dining in some of the many excellent restaurants.
We arrived around 6 PM after a long travel day from the east coast. We checked in ( we had 2 efficiencie as my daughter and her freind were with us and I was told there were no 2 bdrm units available) and were asked if we wanted to pay $80/day/per person to do the all-inclusive. This rate would only be available if we did it for the entire stay. if we wanted to do a day or two the cost went up to $120/day/per person. We declined and were then informed that we were only able to use 3 of the many restaurants and the lobby bar.
We were brought to our room it was somewhat warm even though the air conditioning was on. The room was a good size and our view of the ocean was nice. The tub/shower combo was a little odd-with very large sides ( I broke my ankle a few years ago and found getting into the shower a little precarious) and somewhat claustrophobic. I jumped in the shower only to realize when I got out that there were only hand towels in our room. No robes, no bath towels.
We called and they were brought aproximately 10-15 minutes later.

During the night we realized that the air conditioning was not working and there was a fan in the bathroom that constantly ran. Luckily it wasn't that warm at night and my husband had ear plugs.
The next morning we ate breakfast in The Peninsula Restaurant-the food was poor at best. We were approached by a waiter asking if we had coupons for breakfast;apparently these were given to guests who were doing "go-sees" of the time share villas. As we had limited time and don't get to see our daughter that frequently we were not interested at all. The waiter than went on to tell my husband that breakfast would cost us $35.00/pp. As might be expected we never returned to this restaurant nor utilized any other on site facilities.

After breakfast my husband went to the front desk and spoke with Gina, he told her our issues with our room--nothing was done.
The next day he spoke to someone else and maintenance was sent to our room. The fan in the bathroom was finally turned off but the AC still did not work properly and was very noisy. I asked to be switched to a different room and was told there were none available. I was not certain that this info was valid as the resort was not that busy. However, I could not check the website for availabiltity as the wifi in the lobby was weak and often not working.

By the third day we gave up on the room issues as we did not want to waste our vacation time.
I agree with the reviewer that said he felt like second class citizens. Not being an "all inclusive" guest we were not sure where we were welcome.

I think there should have been a greater effort made to deal with our room issues even if we had to be switched to a hotel room.

Room Tip: No comment-not happy with our room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank pskypala

Thank you for your feedback and comments, I can assure you that receiving them helps us improve and give a better service; I have them in my “to do to achieve perfection” list. It´s been only a few months since we implemented the All Inclusive concept and I´m happy to say that a lot of our guests have embrace it and are very pleased with it. I can guarantee that I am taking your concerns very seriously and I will make sure that they are all addressed with each department. I hope you can give us another opportunity to serve you again and see for yourself the improvements we are making. Best Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have stayed at this resort as an owner for the past few years. We were not ever informed that the property had gone all-inclusive, even though we are owners. I was very worried about the change, as we do not like all-inclusive resorts. I was right to be worried. The concierge used to call us before our stay to find out what they could do for us before our arrival. We would have them book our car and golf. This did not happen this year. We had to contact them and even after explaining what we needed, it was like pulling teeth to get return calls or emails. We finally got our car reservation and my husband was told his golf had been booked, but he never got a confirmation for that.

When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted promptly and luggage was taken care of, but check in was very slow. They explained about all-inclusive and gave us prices, but we declined. Our room was ready before check in time and was as nice as always, be we no longer had robes or slippers. Housekeeping was great all through the week.

We headed to Peninsula restaurant as we always do on our first day and the disappointment was huge. They did not bring any pico or chips to start, I ordered a Pacifico beer which would have normally been brought to me in the bottle and poured into nice glass, but instead I got a small glass of beer which I later discovered was XX. I was not asked if that would be okay. I later found out that is the only beer they serve now. Terrible. My husband ordered the fish sandwich which was the size of slider and there was no tartar sauce like the menu stated. Had to hunt someone down for that. He did get about 10 fries as well. My nachos were okay at best. Service at lunch has definitely declined. I'm guessing because so many all-inclusive guests did the buffet. We usually go back there for dinner one evening, but not this time.

We always spend a few days just lying on the beach all day and having our lunch brought to us. Once again, not anymore. This was one of the worst things for us. No more food on the beach. The service by Pablo was great, but that did not make up for the fact that we could not get lunch unless we went to the Peninsula again and there was no way we were paying $30 for that terrible food again. Pablo explained we could buy the all-inclusive pass for the day and eat lunch by the pool. Since we were planning on eating at Rosato that night anyway, we decided to do it. It still meant we had to haul a bunch of our stuff up to the pool area and find a place to sit. Pablo made sure one of the waiters up there took care of us. He was great, but once again the food was just terrible. My veggie sandwich was mush and my husband's chicken sandwich was pressed chicken pieces instead of a breast and again, it did not come with the sundried tomato or cilantro that was stated on the menu. Both "burgers" came with a handful of fries. I know this may sound really picky to some, but you have to understand that as owners we paid a lot of money for 5 star service and food at Fiesta Americana and that is not the case anymore. We are very disappointed.

We did have dinner at Rosato that same night and that was definitely the highlight. Vincente and Ulysses were great and the food was still very good, but since we had done all-inclusive for the day we didn't get to pick from the wine list. The wine was drinkable. I would go back there.

My husband never did get the confirmation for his golf so we finally had so show up at the concierge in person to get some service. We also called the concierge from our room one night to have them make dinner reservations in town and they ended up just hanging up. My husband was so mad that he walked there so he could let them know how upset he was in person.

I don't know if FA went all-inclusive to get more business or what, but they need to think about these changes. I'm sure for guests that like all-inclusives and have never been there before, the place is great, but for those of us who knew how it was before, it is a huge disappointment. They need to serve those that are not doing all-inclusive like they did in the past. We deserve the quality we have become accustomed to and have paid for.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank rubletx

Thank you for being such a loyal owner and guest for the last few years, I am confident that you have created amazing memories in Cabo and Fiesta Americana Grand. When we decided to become All Inclusive we had all of our guests and owners best interests at heart, but there is still progress to be made. We are refining the Pre-arrival customer service and retraining all of our staff so that they can provide the best possible service; I am happy to say that we have improved considerably in the last few weeks, Vicente and Ulises are the living proof (I will make sure they receive your kind words). Please let me know next time you book your vacation with us and I will make sure that you receive the quality of service you deserve. Best Regards

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Here is a synopsis of my following review in case you don't want to read the whole thing.

Facility--beautiful and extremely clean

Bell Staff--efficient and friendly

Front desk staff--slower than molasses and not very friendly

Concierge--downright unfriendly and not helpful at all--EVER

On-site excursion booking service--Very friendly and helpful

Food--uninspiring and mediocre to good

Wait staff--good to excellent depending on restaurant

Rest of staff including groundskeepers, maids, etc.--hardworking and always friendly

My husband attended several conferences here last week, and I went along to escape our awful winter. I agree with some previous reviews on several points. The bell staff did a good job handling our bags when we arrived. Check-in was ridiculous. We got there at a very busy time and had to wait about 20 minutes before we even got up to the desk. It took another 15 minutes to check in. Fifteen minutes! There were four check-in clerks sharing two staplers. I've never seen anything like it, and we've traveled extensively.

After reading reviews before we arrived, we brought plenty of American bills to change for tips. Guess what? Nobody would give us change--not the front desk, not the concierge. We were told to go to the little souvenir shop to get change, but that didn't work either. They only had large bills. Some people we spoke with got change from the bell staff, but when we asked, they didn't have change. Most of the service does warrant tips (they allot $9/day out of your all-inclusive fee of $80/person for tips), so my advice is to take plenty of small bills.

Our room was lovely and overlooked the pool area with the ocean beyond. The maids were very thorough, but we had to ask for washcloths twice. That wasn't a huge deal, but you expect better attention to detail in a resort like this.

We ate at the Peninsula breakfast buffet two mornings and the Vina del Mar once. Both are casual with outside dining, but the Peninsula has magnificent ocean views. We actually saw a few whales breaching on our first visit. The staff is friendly for the most part. We were never able to figure out which waiter was ours, as they all seem to float from table to table. I drink hot tea instead of coffee, and I had a hard time getting hot water refills. The food on the buffet was good. We also had lunch there twice, once ordering off the menu and once eating from the buffet. Both were good, and the fish tacos and guacamole were excellent. They have a large salad buffet with cream-based salad dressings sitting out in the heat, so I asked for oil and vinegar to prevent any possible food poisoning issues.

We had dinner at La Bodega once and Rosato, the Italian restaurant, twice. Service was good at both but more personal at Rosato. We especially enjoyed Luis at Rosato, who is working on improving his English and asked for help with several phrases. The manager (whose name I don't remember) and our second waiter Vicente were also excellent. My husband thought his food at both restaurants was good. He ordered steak at La Bodega, but I don't eat much red meat, so I ordered salmon. His steak was great, and my salmon was overcoomed to the point of being tasteless. To be fair, I didn't send it back because it was our first night after a grueling day of travel, and I was too tired and hungry to wait. I ordered the fresh catch at Rosato, which was sea bass, which also was slightly overcooked. I ordered the chicken cannelloni for my second dinner at Rosato, and it was excellent, as we're the mojitos we ordered both nights. We are foodies, so overall I was disappointed in the food. I expected much better.

I spent most of my time sitting on the beach, which was heavenly. The pool gets crowded and can be noisy, but the beach is beautiful and quiet. The best part of the beach was the bar service from Pablo. This guy never stops moving! He's super friendly and consistently returns asking if he can get anything else for you. Take dollar bills if for no other reason than to tip Pablo! The second best thing about the beach (in March at least) is watching the whales. Take binoculars to improve the experience because it's truly wonderful.

Would I return? Maybe. The whole facility is spotless and beautiful with spectacular views from many different vantage points. Most of the staff is very hard working and friendly. The front desk staff and concierge staff need a stern talking to as well as better training. Maybe since they don't get tipped they are unfriendly and lazy in their service. If we don't return, it will be because I think we could get all the good stuff of Fiesta Americana with better concierge service and some place to change our dollars for tips at another resort. Seriously, Fiesta Americana, please address these issues. You're supposed to be a luxury all-inclusive, so we should expect and receive top-notch service and attitudes from every single one of your employees.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
9  Thank curlilocks

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, your detailed feedback will help us improve our service in all the different departments. I am so proud to read such incredibly kind words about Pablo, I will personally congratulate him and give him your review. I would like to let you know that all of our staff is getting retrained, we have been working very hard the past few weeks to ensure that you get the same service from all of them as you did from Pablo and the guys at Rosato. Please allow us to serve you again in the near future and deliver the high quality and service you deserve. Best Regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hyde property is clean. The staff if amazing they are very friendly and always welling to help. The choices of restaurants are wide and all of them are good. My hubby and I came this time, but we will be back with our kids. The beach if very clean and safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Stella S

It is very rewarding for us to read how much you liked Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos, thank you for taking the time to share it with the travel community. We are looking forward to having you and your family back with us in sunny Los Cabos! See you soon. Best Regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have come to FA Grand for the past 5 years and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay. This year was different. The atmosphere of last year, the great service were gone. The resort went " all inclusive" this past December-without notifying vacation club owners. They opened new restaurants for guests - but the concierge and front desk tell you they are open to anyone and when you get there the hostess tells you they are open only to "all inclusive" guests. There is no published dress code, but when we went to Rosato's restaurant my wife and daughter were refused entrance because they were wearing sandals. As they went back to our villa to change their footwear several older teenagers were admitted wearing flip flops and a man was admitted in a baseball tee shirt. The wait staff in the restaurants seem to have lost interest - hard to get their attention and less of it than before. I guess they lost interest with the loss of tips.
Aside from the service the facility is great, the other support staff were excellent and , of course, Cabo is Cabo.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank James W

It is very important for us to read and receive comments of loyal guests like you, so thank you for taking the time to do it. It has been 3 months since we implemented the All Inclusive concept and I am happy to say that it was well received by guests and owners, we are striving to improve and help you create more of the memories you have collected in the past few years with us. Staff is been trained and retrained and we are working on more projects to increase our quality of service. Let me know next the time you book your vacation with us, I would love to hear your comments as you experience for yourself the improvements we are implementing. Best Regards,

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I earned this trip as an incentive for an awesome direct sales company. Let me just tell you everything was top notch. From the service at the restaurants, to the poolside drinks and fish tacos 5 star!! I immediately wanted to go back to this resort after leaving. Love, love this place. Perfect!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank tiffybaby24

Thank you for such great comments, it is for things like this that we work harder every day to deliver the service our guests deserve. Come visit us again soon, it will be our pleasure to have you with us. Best Regards,