We have stayed at this resort as an owner for the past few years. We were not ever informed that the property had gone all-inclusive, even though we are owners. I was very worried about the change, as we do not like all-inclusive resorts. I was right to be worried. The concierge used to call us before our stay to find out what they could do for us before our arrival. We would have them book our car and golf. This did not happen this year. We had to contact them and even after explaining what we needed, it was like pulling teeth to get return calls or emails. We finally got our car reservation and my husband was told his golf had been booked, but he never got a confirmation for that.
When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted promptly and luggage was taken care of, but check in was very slow. They explained about all-inclusive and gave us prices, but we declined. Our room was ready before check in time and was as nice as always, be we no longer had robes or slippers. Housekeeping was great all through the week.
We headed to Peninsula restaurant as we always do on our first day and the disappointment was huge. They did not bring any pico or chips to start, I ordered a Pacifico beer which would have normally been brought to me in the bottle and poured into nice glass, but instead I got a small glass of beer which I later discovered was XX. I was not asked if that would be okay. I later found out that is the only beer they serve now. Terrible. My husband ordered the fish sandwich which was the size of slider and there was no tartar sauce like the menu stated. Had to hunt someone down for that. He did get about 10 fries as well. My nachos were okay at best. Service at lunch has definitely declined. I'm guessing because so many all-inclusive guests did the buffet. We usually go back there for dinner one evening, but not this time.
We always spend a few days just lying on the beach all day and having our lunch brought to us. Once again, not anymore. This was one of the worst things for us. No more food on the beach. The service by Pablo was great, but that did not make up for the fact that we could not get lunch unless we went to the Peninsula again and there was no way we were paying $30 for that terrible food again. Pablo explained we could buy the all-inclusive pass for the day and eat lunch by the pool. Since we were planning on eating at Rosato that night anyway, we decided to do it. It still meant we had to haul a bunch of our stuff up to the pool area and find a place to sit. Pablo made sure one of the waiters up there took care of us. He was great, but once again the food was just terrible. My veggie sandwich was mush and my husband's chicken sandwich was pressed chicken pieces instead of a breast and again, it did not come with the sundried tomato or cilantro that was stated on the menu. Both "burgers" came with a handful of fries. I know this may sound really picky to some, but you have to understand that as owners we paid a lot of money for 5 star service and food at Fiesta Americana and that is not the case anymore. We are very disappointed.
We did have dinner at Rosato that same night and that was definitely the highlight. Vincente and Ulysses were great and the food was still very good, but since we had done all-inclusive for the day we didn't get to pick from the wine list. The wine was drinkable. I would go back there.
My husband never did get the confirmation for his golf so we finally had so show up at the concierge in person to get some service. We also called the concierge from our room one night to have them make dinner reservations in town and they ended up just hanging up. My husband was so mad that he walked there so he could let them know how upset he was in person.
I don't know if FA went all-inclusive to get more business or what, but they need to think about these changes. I'm sure for guests that like all-inclusives and have never been there before, the place is great, but for those of us who knew how it was before, it is a huge disappointment. They need to serve those that are not doing all-inclusive like they did in the past. We deserve the quality we have become accustomed to and have paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an amazing world of contrasts where the desert meets the sea. For your visit to this seductive and enchanting destination, choose the world-class Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, where your visit will be defined by exclusivity, luxury and distinction. The exceptional hotel helps you to enjoy your vacation in Grand Style. You'll be amazed by the subtle details and the diversity of the flavors, aromas and colors that emerge throughout your stay. Every day is memorable and different. And there's no better way to enjoy it than with our Grand All Inclusive concept, where it's indulging just to be here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf And Spa
- Fiesta Americana Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Fiesta Americana
- Los Cabos Fiesta Americana Resort
- Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa Cabo San Lucas