“Fiesta Americana Grand Cabo - Great Experience Aug 2013”

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fiesta Americana Grand Cabo - Great Experience Aug 2013”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Aug 26th through Aug 30th 2013. There seem to be several "poor" or "terrible" reviews of this resort that I would definitely have to question. This place was awesome. The resort has obviously been around several years, and could use some updating in some areas, like the hotel rooms, but even there, everything was satisfactory. We have stayed in other resorts in Mexico, Dominican Republic, US, and Hawaii, and this resort was just as good if not better than many of those. The pools were incredible, and I mean incredible. They have got to have some of the nicest pools of any resort we have been to. There was a really bad storm/rain storm on Tuesday/Wednesday the 27th & 28th of August, and the resort staff was quick and hard working at getting everything put back together after the wind and rain had hit for hours that morning and previous day/night. The beach was beautiful, it does have a lot of rocks and it's not really a swimmers beach, but we definitely were able to go into the water, and even waded around with dozens of colorful fish swimming around us right by the beach. It was beautiful. The SPA was OFF THE CHARTS RIDICULOUSLY NICE. Like an unbelievable spa. One of the best I've seen in Latin America for sure. We had a massage there with a lady named Susana. She was very good at what she did. Very professional. Highly recommend. My wife got talked into listening to the time share schpiel. "90 minutes maximum" we were promised by the people in the lobby, to then get free massages. The 90 minutes was three hours, but they were a VERY professional and cordial and non-pushy sales staff with the time share. We did not buy, and they were quick to get us out of there when they knew we were not buying, which we appreciated. Jim was the sales guy who was a fantastic gentleman. Actually the type of guy we would be friends with. Adam his manager was great & friendly also. We paid more on our stay to be in the upgraded "Grand Club" room. Probably well worth the money. That got us a nicer room, INCREDIBLE ocean view, breakfast in the Gran Club Lounge, heavy appetizers every night & free drinks from 5-8 pm daily. As well as sodas, bottled water, our own personal concierge just for Grand Club residents. Very cool & worth it to have a Grand Club upgrade.

UNLIKE some of the bad, poor, and average reviews on here, we thought the food at the resort was excellent. We ate at the on site Italian themed restaurant, ROSATO. It was great food. I don't know what these people are talking about on here who didn't like it. I've had Italian food in LA, NYC, Park City, Chicago, Dallas, etc., everywhere except Italy, and this place was great. The lobster salad was amazing, the lobster ravioli was amazing, the portions are just right, not HUGE like most american joints that over-stuff you. The breakfast we had for free on the time share people was at Viña del Mar, and was completely awesome. Great buffet with custom omelets, burritos, and every imaginable breakfast pastry and food you can come up with, along with fresh juices and even a bloody mary station, along with champagne. "David" at the beach, who was serving drinks and food to those lying on the beach, was awesome. VERY funny conversations we had with him in both spanish & English. Rosy & Argelia at the Grand Club Lounge in the evenings were SO nice and went above & beyond to make us feel welcome, and right at home.

Overall this place was awesome. I also golfed at Cabo Del Sol - OFF the charts awesome. Palmilla - very playable and pretty. Also got to play Diamante's Davis Love III designed "Dunes" course. That was incredible also. I have to get back to Cabo really soon. This was our first time there, and definitely not our last. We will probably stay at Fiesta Americana again because the service was great, the grounds were fantastic, the pools were first class, the staff was amazing. Oh, they even helped us find one of my favorite gold-colored Banana Republic soft tee-shirts that had been picked up by a pool staffer before I could go back and get it. They had it in the lobby for me when we were checking out. The valet guys were really cool too, and always were on the ball. I made sure to tip them every time they brought our car up. HIGHLY RECOMMEND a rental car for this trip. No other way to do Cabo I think. We went to dinner twice in Cabo. Mariscos Mazatlan & Maria Corona. They were good, but the resort was actually better.

Used the car for that, to get to the snorkel cruise we went on, and to get to Diamante, Palmilla Golf, and even Cabo Del Sol golf, which is like a mile from the resort, and actually 2-3 of the Cabo del Sol golf holes are right on the resort property. Just a very great and memorable trip/experience. My hats off to the staff, especially the outside staff and room staff, as well as the Grand Club staff. The front desk staff were obviously a little battle-worn, and a little tougher to deal with, but everything else was fantastic. Even the time share sales people were super nice.

Room Tip: Definitely Recommend the GRAND CLUB upgrade option. Gets you free breakfast, free dinner appetizers...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ElMayimbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Polish first
Tulsa
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this resort eight years ago, and enjoyed it so well we returned to the same property. The rooms are beautifully furnished, the linens are wonderful. The staff was very attentive to our needs. There was a miscommunication regarding the price of the room following our upgrade, but the manager (Christian?) came to our room and righted the situation.

There was one issue with cleanliness-when we arrived there was something stuck to our bathroom floor. I gave them a pass the first night, but when it was still there the second day, I called for them to re-mop. Someone did mop it, but did not clean completely the place on the floor about which I called. If I return, I will be more assertive if that situation arises.

The upgrade to the Grand Club level was worth it for the privacy of the pool. Everything else was nice, as well, but the fewer people in a pool, the better, in my opinion!

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor in the Grand Club. The view is the best on the property. Definitely s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soonertourist
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I decided to spend my birthday at this resort at the last minute. There were some good and bad reviews, but the overall rating was good and for the price, I couldn't pass it up. I had a rocky travel experience with American Airlines cancelling flights, overbooking and gate changes at the last minute. Long story short, after dealing with AA for 12 hours, all I wanted was a cold shower, some food and a bed. My nerves were bad because I arrived late and being that this was my first time to Cabo, I wanted to get there while the sun was still up so that I can at least find my way around and deal with any issues during the day instead of dealing with them in the dark in an unfamiliar place. From the time I landed, things went smooth. I was able to get a shuttle (not a cab) to the resort, which is cheaper. It's only $16 per person but you do share, which was a good thing for me because I didn't want to be traveling in the dark alone. The cab is $55 to this resort. The ride to the resort is appoximately 45 minutes to an hour depending on how fast the driver drives and traffic. I was first to get dropped off. The driver didn't speak english but knew the resort name, thank God! By now it's around 9pm and from what I saw when I arrived was nothing short of amazing!

The customer service rep greeted me with a smile and was nothing but helpful with everything and anything I had issues with. He explained everything to my understanding and was even willing to change my room if, for whatever reason, I wasn't satisfied with it. That was a definite plus!

I had to take a golf cart to my room because the resort is so huge. My room was on the opposite end of the lobby so walking was not an option! It was pitch black and very quiet. I finally arrived to my room and was floored. The room was "BEAUTIFUL". I tipped the bellhop and fell out on my King size bed. I ordered room service, which is available 24 hours. I had an oceanfront villa. The views are amazing. The sound of the ocean waters crashing against the rocks was heaven. I left my patio door open a couple of nights and the best thing about that was there were no mosquitoes! :)The rooms are secluded and I seem to never see any other people staying in my area while I was there (low season). There were always workers and staff available. Anything I called for, I was given in a very short period of time.

I opted for the all inclusive plan, which was the best decision I made. The food was awesome. I ate everything or so it seemed. The drinks were included and they weren't watered down. The water is drinkable, it is drawn from filtered bottles. The use of lawn chairs, beds and palapas were also included. There's something for everyone and anyone at this resort. Everyone greeted you with a smile and "Hola". There were some staff members that knew my name after a day or two. I ate at all of the restaurants and must say that I didn't have one complaint. The grounds are well kept and always catered too. The beach is beautiful and is not for swimming because of the current, rough water and deep pockets, but I did go in the water. There are no life guards so you go in at your own risk. There are crabs, fish and baby turtles on the beach. The pools are awesome. There are big pools, small pools and jacuzzis throughout the resort. I booked an 80 minute signature spa at the Somma Wine Spa, which was amazing.

This was definitely the best experience I've had at a resort. Thank you, Fiesta Americana for a wonderful birthday experience. I shall return soon! xoxo

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Tashakane
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos. The hotel was beautiful in every way, the grounds, the pools and the rooms. It was a very large resort, so there was quite a bit of walking, or you could have them pick you up in a golf cart. The food was excellent and the presentation of the dishes was lovely. Would go back for sure.

Chicago
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here with our 2 girls who are 5 and 3 years old. The hotel is very family friendly. I'm not sure if we got a great rate because of the time of year but the attention to detail here is amazing. The hotel is right on the beach and very secluded. We went out on the beach at night and felt very safe. Our girls ate for free all day and I think this is offered regardless of the rate. There is also Kids Club that we only used for a couple of hours on one day. The girls who work there are unbelievably sweet. It took our girls 30 seconds to fall in love with them. Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was very friendly, helpful and happy. The housekeepers provided turn down service every night when we were gone and our room always looked like we just checked in when we returned at night and during the day. I would recommend this hotel to the pickiest traveler.

Chula Vista, California
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I will start with the good news...our stay was from 8/14 through 8/17/2013. The property is absolutely clean and well-groomed. The infinity pool is great and poolside service is good as well.
There are 2 restaurants and The Vina although a bit pricey - we had dinner there and the service was fantastic!!! Kudos to all that work there. Our room had a nice view and great a/c because it was HOT 97 degrees!!! Now the not so good news......The gift shops are extremely over-priced and since the town is a good $20 away (cab ride) bring cash!! The other restaurant's service Peninsula, was horrific!!!Our experience was sooo bad that we had to walk out and we have NEVER have done that....we paid for our drinks and appetizer and left after asking 3 times and waiting for 40 minutes for a pitcher of water, yes you heard right WATER - and to top it off - did not receive a single apology from the so-called host or mgr or whatever his title is....he was very rude the rudest we have EVER encountered. Oh and the Lobby Bar does not have air conditioning so having a drink in 90-degree weather there was not as pleasant as we expected. Overall, no choice as to where you can eat for a reasonable price but a nice place to stay. If you want real food go into town but again it will cost $20 EACH way.

1 Thank 54reneS
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed there for two weeks over Christmas and New Years 2012 and have stayed about 5 other times over 3 years. The resort is fantastic in every way - service, views, pools, food and housekeeping. The views of the Pacific is great from almost all of the rooms. The resort is built up the side of the hill giving the back of the resort a great view. If you have trouble walking the staff will transport you in a golf cart.

Room Tip: The timeshare portion of the resort is great due to the fantastic rooms and lots of extra space. Th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family