“Beautiful Resort, incredible Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Beautiful Resort, incredible Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My stay at the Fiesta Americana Los Cabos will always be remembered for the beauty of the Resort but even more for the Staff who work endlessly to please the guests and always with a smile. The food was great in all restaurants. Will love to come back here.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank wimhpastoor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Fiesta Americana had a beautiful setting with the surf rolling in, waves smashing against the rocks and the amazing sunsets on the Sea of Cortez. The resort had beautiful swimming pools and it was easy to get around.. Our room was nicely appointed, clean and well kept.

We were amazed at how many of the staff did not really understand English, based on the fact that so many of the guests were English speaking. The service from the staff was better than average but not the best we have had in other places. Neither my husband nor I cared for the food and thought it was expensive ($30.00 for breakfast buffet), but perhaps that is based more on what one is used to paying for a breakfast buffet.
We played golf at their desert course and found it beautiful and fun to play. We heard the ocean course was even more beautiful with several holes along the water.

We felt safe, had no problem with the water and generally were very glad we visited Cabo San Lucas but if we go again we would look to stay at different resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view and on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Morristown, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week at this very nice property. We have been visiting the FA for almost 14 years and it never fails to please. The rooms are nicely sized and the service gracious. You can go very high end in Cabo for a special occasion but the FA feels like home away from home.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

A great Resort ! The room was spacious, well appointed, with fabulous views. The grounds were well maintained and the facilities top shelf. The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. There were several infinity pools, waterfalls, a swim up "Bikini Bar" and tons of sunbathing "nooks", small little tucked away areas. Wake up early and catch a spectacular Sunrise. Sunsets are better viewed from Lands End, just South of the Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bohemian1966
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Planned a 4 day event for 5 groups. Thank you Fernanda Fosca for all your immediate responses in answewring my questions and organizing our event - special dinner, golf, etc. 5 star ratings for you! You made us feel special.

Thank you Moises for all your concierge services! Same thing - knew us all by name from the first day, always made us feel like we were staying with family, organized everything perfectly. Another 5 star rating for you!

There are hotel rooms, as well as timeshares one can rent on a daily basis. We reserved a mix of one bedroom suites and studio rooms, both in the new upper area and in the "older" rooms on/near the ocean in the timeshare part of the property. All rooms were decent to extremely nice. Request based on what you want - a really nice brand new interior (upper rooms) or being right on the water (lower rooms). See room travel tips below.

Pay for the All-Inclusive option. Yes, you can joke about wearing a wristband - but the excellent room service, premium drinks, unlimited bottled water, 3-4 hour sunset dinners, free exercise access, spa discounts, free snorkeling, all tips included, etc. etc. are a great value and extremely hassle free. It seemed few people were doing this when we were there, but the resort and servers had it down no problem...

The food was very good at all the resturants (we ate at all three) and the servers went out of their way to do special things for us - time and again! Oscar, the manager at Peninsula Restaurant, is very responsive and will go out of his way to meet your preferences. Thank you!

The grounds are very well maintained. A great beach with relaxing palapas - the sand is a little coarse but who really cares! You must snorkel here - loads of fish, good sized, very colorful. One of the only places to snorkel around Cabo!!

The resort is quiet and relaxing. A raging bonfire with live music each evening. Not a Medano Beach party spot, but only 10 minutes to Cabo San Lucas if you want to do that one night. A real retreat you will thoroughly enjoy. We will be back, if only to again see workers there who now feel like old friends.

Room Tip: Timeshares starting with a "1" are right near the water. 1302 has waves crashing at your...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TKN5
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It's not a bad hotel, it is clean, nice pools and activities, but we have all included package and it's really anoying that we have to sign each billing, even if it was just for a bottle of water. Also the service is kind of slow...eventhough they really have good attitude.
I think that was the thing that doesn't make our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I apologize for the length of this review. Only read past the first paragraph for details that justify the rating of this review. This was the 3rd time staying here over 4 years. Amazing grounds staff and beautiful resort. 4.5 stars is a fair rating only if you are staying in the newer upgraded villas, otherwise, 4 stars is fair for the hotel area. The resort is showing signs of being dated. It is very nice for families as long as you have a rental car. Never had an issue, until we had our wedding there on Nov 10. The main issue was with the General Manager, Douglas Dodge, and the event planning department that handled our wedding. We had 9 villas from Nov 2-12. We will not stay at this resort again because how Mr. Dodge chose to deal with issues regarding our stay and our wedding planning. I checked all the reviews prior to our arrival, as he had responded to each negative review, but realized once we arrived that he did not care about my party and refused to address issues in person after meeting with me and my wife one time. It is clear he only responds as an empty gesture after the guests leave because he did little to resolve issues during our stay. He clearly shows disdain for timeshare visitors, as if Posadas doesn't expect him to take care of both groups as the GM. There seems to be no accountability on the part of Posadas regarding this issue. If you are planning an event there, do the research, as the pricing that they will first request would be acceptable only if they were the Palmilla or Esperanza or a wedding planner looking to take you to the cleaners.

We set up our rooms with Monica Bolanos in the timeshare department, as the hotel could not accommodate our room block for the days we had requested due to being sold out, which is interesting as those rooms were available on Hotwire the whole time up until two weeks before our arrival at a rate that was cheaper than the room block rate I was offered in June. I did all the legwork to make the reservations work, as we were doing the wedding planning ourselves. We had worked with Monica before, and she had been nothing short of professional and very accommodating.

We were told that the wedding location fee would be waived if we paid for 36 nights by Fabiana and Rosalba in the event planning department. Fabiana was very good, but I was rarely ever able to speak with her, as she would always pass me off to Rosalba. Rosalba was extremely pleasant, but it was difficult to plan an event with someone that had limited English skills and seemed to be working off of a script. Since we were unable to book rooms through the hotel event planning department due to "availability", we were told that the 56 paid nights would not qualify as we had paid the Timeshare department rather than the Hotel. Oddly enough, both are owned and run by Posadas, but Douglas Dodge made it clear that it was different since the hotel did not get paid. It is disconcerting as Mr Dodge is the one that is responsible for keeping all guests at the resort happy, including timeshare guests. I didn't mind paying a fee if necessary, but don't charge me as if I were I were coming to you off the street. I did just pay and book about 60 nights at your location. Then, they offered to waive the fee if we had our reception there. While asking for information to have the reception at the resort, they would just not answer back for over a month even after multiple attempts to make contact. After all the issues, we had agreed to pay the location fee for the ceremony and just go have our reception dinner in town at Ruth's Chris. Fabiana asked us to try to work with them a week before our arrival, and I agreed to speak with them on our arrival. Even after all the miscommunication and complete lack of communication for duration of a month, this is when the real pain began.

Upon arrival, we met with Samantha who had taken over negotiations from that point on out. It was extremely painful, as she did not read and refused to read any of the email correspondences between Rosalba and myself. We spent 5 days arguing with her, fighting for things that had already been offered by the hotel staff prior. It even got as petty as the hotel would not let us use one of their cake stands for our wedding cake since there were no cake stands available in the entire resort. This is all while meeting with vendors and working out final details for a wedding. After having the first 5 days our 10 day wedding and vacation ruined, I asked to speak to the General Manager, Douglas Dodge. He listened as he watched the clock and at times looked like he fell asleep. He then reprimanded Samantha and told her to make it right. I asked him and Samantha to read the emails as everything that I was asking for was already offered. I brought my computer, and showed him how unprofessional and difficult my experience was. We also asked that we have a room for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in for a few hours on the day of the wedding since the hotel was not even 30% full, and it was still hot and humid and our villas were so far from where the wedding was to take place. This was should have been a no brainer since they had so much vacancy, but Samantha required payment from us for that room, even though Fabiana offered those rooms "complementary" the day before. Mr. Dodge promised to read everything, and assured us that everything would be fine. Upon speaking with him, we decided to move forward with the hotel for our reception. He did mention that he had not been the GM at this resort for long, so, he was not up to speed on anything.

The next day in an email from Samantha we saw that even though our entire wedding party were paying guests at the hotel, and we were paying to have our reception at the hotel, Mr. Dodge insisted that we pay the location fee that every single person we spoke to had said would be waived if we had our reception at the hotel. We were so angry as it had been waived multiple times in the emails and in person, that we were going to pay the location fee and just have our reception at Ruth's Chris in Cabo San Lucas. It was clear that Mr. Dodge didn't read any of the emails between myself and his staff. When I asked to meet him, he refused to meet with me. He would only speak with me over the phone at the front desk, even though he was at the resort. I offered to work around his schedule, but he was adamant about only talking to me on the phone. He then demanded that I find the email over the phone where it was mentioned that the location fee would be waived, otherwise the fee would be applied to our bill. I mentioned the exact emails that he said he would read. I felt like moving the wedding to another venue after our experience, but the wedding vendors were already booked to set up in 3 days. He then reluctantly said that the fee would be waived. When I tried to express how angry we were for him ruining 6 days of our stay, he told me to relax and stated he would not do anything else as he had already given us a room for the bridal party to get ready in. He insinuated that I was trying to take advantage of the hotel for more free stuff, when we had already prepaid for everything. All we asked for was what was offered. That is when we decided to not spend another dollar at the resort. He was so busy trying to make that $550 location fee that he missed out on about $8K that our group spent on spa services at a different resort as well as food and drink in restaurants and clubs in town. Posadas also lost multiple timeshare sales that visit. At the end of the day, Samantha and the event department did come through on the day of the event in a very professional manner, but there was such a bitter taste left in our mouths, and that is hard to get over.

If asked or requested, we would be more than happy to provide documentation of all these issues to any interested parties. I hope Posadas takes ownership of these issues. The A/C in the ceiling of our room also leaked about a gallon of water onto the floor while we were out one day. It was not visible on the neutral slick stone floor. My wife slipped on the floor and hurt herself. Video of the A/C malfunction was also videoed.

Room Tip: Villas are better than the hotel rooms. Lower floor rooms only have a partial ocean view. Be sure...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family