I try to make my reviews meaningful pointing out the great and the "could be better" aspects of every hotel we visit. We did not do all-inclusive but did have the breakfast buffet included in our stay. Our Deluxe room on the 4th floor was a large very nice room with a king size bed, tub and walk in shower. The balcony gave us a great view of the ocean from where we did see whales in the distance. Our room was kept very clean and robes and chocolates were laid out at night
The Great: The property is absolutely gorgeous. The five pools are beautiful, clean and have plenty of chairs in the shade and sun. The cabanas on the beach are very nice as well. The staff are exceptionally professional and friendly. The breakfast buffet was fabulous. Large variety with plenty of options including made to order omelets, breads, cereals, fruit, juices, yogurt, French toast, oatmeal and even mimosas and ingredients to make Bloody Marys. I believe the cost was around $25 per person.
The private beach was amazing. Although the current is to strong to swim, you can wade out to your waist among the rocks. We saw tropical fish swimming right near the shore every day. Crabs crawled all over the rocks. Pelicans and seagulls were a daily sight as well. There are some resident lizards that crawl around the rocks of the resort so be ready. They will be happy to eat lettuce you leave for them.
The complimentary Wi-Fi worked great and was nice to have. If you need to print anything the business center charges 10 Pesos for 10 minutes on the computer and 1 Peso per printed page. They do have coffee and tea in the business center so enjoy that while you are there.
The "Could be Improved": You arrive, check in and then are greeted by your representative that is to give you an orientation of the resort. It started out nice enough with tips on where to eat and visit and then the discussion turned to attending a vacation club presentation. We explained we were not interested but she pressed on. After about 20 minutes and three attempts to politely state we just wanted to enjoy our vacation I had to stand up and request our luggage be brought to us. This left a very bad impression with me.
The resort is about 10 miles from Cabo San Lucas so as others have stated, you need to cab it ($20 each way) or take the resort shuttle ($10 per person round trip) to get to town if you do not have a car. This can be expensive depending on how often you want to go. You can also ask for the complimentary shuttle to take you across the bridge and catch the public bus for 20 Pesos but you need a way to get back to the resort if you don't want to walk the 3 or so miles from the road where the bus drops you off.
The resort is a bit pricy. Beers run about $4.50 and mixed drinks are around $8 - 10. Lunch ranges around $10 - $15 for a club or pizza but we were pleased with the quality of the food. We only ate dinner once at the resort and thought it was too expensive for the quality and quantity of food.
Not to much at the resort is complimentary except for the two small bottles of water left in your room at night. If you want morning coffee go to the little café on the 3rd level and it is 25 Pesos. Cheaper than the 55 Pesos if you use the coffee in your room. I thought this was a bit extreme. For a resort of this level, coffee and tea in the room should be included.
All in all, we had a wonderful stay and highly recommend the resort. Just be prepared for your "orientation" and to spend some money while you are there. All-inclusive may be the way to go. For us, there is always to much to see to limit ourselves to the resort. Many, many delicious places to eat at the marina and fun places to grabd a $2 beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an amazing world of contrasts where the desert meets the sea. For your visit to this seductive and enchanting destination, choose the world-class Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, where your visit will be defined by exclusivity, luxury and distinction. The exceptional hotel helps you to enjoy your vacation in Grand Style. You'll be amazed by the subtle details and the diversity of the flavors, aromas and colors that emerge throughout your stay. Every day is memorable and different. And there's no better way to enjoy it than with our Grand All Inclusive concept, where it's indulging just to be here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf And Spa
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Fiesta Americana
- Los Cabos Fiesta Americana Resort
- Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa Cabo San Lucas