“Great pool, friendly service, not my scene”

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend - late February. We had a nice, relaxing weekend - exactly what we needed, but we may not go back to this particular hotel, since it definitely caters to an older crowd. I think I saw one other couple around our age (late 20s/early30s). We weren't looking for a party crowd, but it is a little weird to be sitting at dinner and jamming to Celine Dion, circa 1992. Here are some bullet points:

1. Terrible internet connection - they should not be charging for this, since it hardly works.
2. They really want to get you into a timeshare presentation by offering incentives upon check-in, but aren't too pushy.
3. Rooms: Not bad, just a little dated; beds pretty comfortable. There was water on the floor in the bathroom when we arrived (probably spill over from the shower, but it had not been mopped up). Could hear everything going on in the halls, which is pretty annoying first thing in the morning.
4. Pool/beach area - Outstanding. Pool service was very good, as long as you sat somewhere near one of the bars.
5. Food - all the food we had was delicious (did not try the Italian restaurant). Service at the restaurants was ok, but could be better.
6. Issues with our room key on our final day that resulted in multiple trips to the front desk, which is not a short walk.
7. Grab a beach chair in the morning for some excellent whale watching.

Overall, Fiesta Americana is a nice place with excellent grounds and decent service. As stated before, I would definitely go back, if it wasn't for the age thing. I would recommend this for older couples and families. One more thing to note: this time of year is pretty chilly, except for the middle of the day. Bring layers.

4  Thank angelathomason

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have been staying at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos for the past 10 or more years. It is a lovely resort and has a wonderful staff. Unfortunately, the internet system is terrible.

The Posadas Group (which owns the Fiesta Americana hotel chain) has been aware of the aware of the internet problems (sporadic inability to obtain a connection, frequent inability to maintain an internet connection, and no internet service in the rooms) for years; however, they have stubbornly refused to fix the internet problems which pose a significant problem to any business traveler or other guest who needs internet access for more than social networking purposes.

During my stay at the resort in November, the Fiesta Americana hosted a large business conference. The number of attendees totally swamped the internet system. When I complained about the internet problems (for about the 20th time) to the management, I was assured that a new system was in the process of being installed and these problems would be fixed by my next stay in February. Unfortunately, I encountered the same problems during that trip.

I do not understand why the Posadas Group will not spend a relatively small amount of money to furnish their guests with a reliable internet system like all of the other first-class resorts (such as the Westin, Marquis, Sheraton, Hilton, etc.) in Los Cabos. My incredulity is magnified by the Fiesta Americana's new emphasis on attracting conventions and business conferences. The attendees of these functions will need to be able to stay in touch with their offices and business contacts and will be frustrated by the various internet problems at the resort.

I truly hope that the Posadas Group will wake up and join the 21st Century. Fast and reliable internet service is no longer a luxury -- it is one of the primary concerns of the modern traveler. No one wants to take a taxi to Cabo San Lucas to conduct their business at the local Starbucks. In addition, most people expect internet access 24 hours a day in the comfort of their hotel room.

Until the internet problems are fixed, I would heartily recommend that the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos to anyone looking for a tropical escape or family vacation. However, I would advise business travelers and other people with internet needs to consider the other quality resorts in the Los Cabos area.

It pains me to write such a mixed review on the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos. I truly love the resort and the people who work there. However, the Posada Group has shown no inclination to address the concerns of its customers when complaints are made on a private basis.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brandyblo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here nearly a week in early February. Every day we saw whales breaching right off the beach. Certainly our room, and I imagine every room, was exposed to an awesome sunrise looking out past the infinity pool and the beach. I did not play the golf course right next door, but plenty of my friends did, and said it was spectacular. Most of the holes ran along the Sea of Cortez. Right off the beach we snorkeled and saw tons of fish. The service and staff were great. I've been to several places in the Caribbean and to Cancun. While we had good times, I wouldn't say I really have a burning desire to go back. I will definitely come back here. In fact, our group went ahead and reserved our winter meeting right back here in two years.

2  Thank Allgoodbugman
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the FA Grand Los Cabos in October of 2012. We were celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary. This was our second visit to this beautiful resort.

The moment we walked in the doors we were greeted by Regina. She knew our names, which made us feel like royalty. We were fortunate to be staying on the Grand Club floor.

This resort is a gem. Every person we encountered acknowledged us with a greeting. We really felt special. The room was nicely appointed. The amenities of the Grand Club are the best I have ever encountered. Top notch, first class resort.

We dined at the breakfast buffet every morning of our stay. The food and staff were exquisite. I looked forward to my morning freshly squeezed juices.

We have been considering purchasing a time share, this resort is certainly a top contender. I use a picture I took of the beautiful pool with the ocean in the background as my background on my phone.

We loved this classy resort so much, we are coming back on Easter 2013 for a week. I am literally counting down the days to paradise.

Keep up the good work, the attention to detail is very evident in every aspect of this 5 star resort.

Dan and Vonda Ponder

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank texastraveler1023
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I want to say what an excellent resort this is. Check in was Easy and Great starting with the staff at the front door to the outstanding staff at the front desk ready to help with any questions or concerns we might have. The room was Excellent as well Very clean and well kept up. The view from the room was also Excellent even being on the 4th floor. We tried 2 of the 3 restaurants and they were Fantastic ( Not the Italian restaurants as there is a dress code) and we did not feel like dressing up. Over all the Resort was in Excellent shape with the grounds keepers always keeping it looking Great .The pools were also Great with the pool being maintained several times a day ( Except the Jacuzzi's were not very warm ( tried to talk to the pool attendant about this but he was unable to speak or understand english ) So nothing got fixed. Also in the pool area we sat by the large pool with the volleyball net but was unable to play volleyball because the resort didn't have any ( Asked all the pool activities prsonnel several times thru out the day's ) I Finally asked the concierge why they had no volleyballs? They said they didn't know why!! I joked that I would run up the road to Wal Mart and get 2 they said Grab 3. I know they were joking but still not funny.Then on the 17 Feb 2013 the resort had 2 different Conferences ( 97 % Full ) Guess what they were having a volleyball tournament for them on the beach. There was balls then and one showed up in the pool where we were sitting later in the day. Just a Note the cushions at all the pools could of been changed years ago, Talked to a couple that have stayed there every year and they said they have not been changed in years. I seen a review before going that the grocery store at the resort was going to be expaneded and it really could use it, Not alot of stuff to choose from. Over all an Excellent resort will be back next year. To all the Staff Thanks For a GREAT Vacation! Keep up the Great Job you Do and Making this trip Fun!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dawn G
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was worried after reading some of the reviews but decided to see for my self. The minute that I got there I knew it was going to be great. The staff in the lobby were friendly and so helpful. There was no problems checking in expect we got there early but they quickly found two rooms that were ready near each other. They use golf carts to take you to areas on the property which go to be fun. Even the next day the staff in the lobby still knew my name! We always saw people working on the grounds and the place was spotless. Pool service was wonderful, drinks were perfect and there were several pool areas that you could pick from. Every afternoon you could sit and watch whales. The restaurants on the property were all excellent! We ate there several times and never had a bad meal. The Italian restaurant was excellent, the dinning at the pool both for lunch and dinner was fantastic and they were very detailed with their service. There was a shuttle that went to Cabo San Lucas every hour with the last coming back at 9pm. Cost was $10 per person round trip. I also took advance of the spa there and enjoyed the 80 minute massage that I scheduled. I was treated to frozen grapes after this while I relaxed. The only thing that I would change is the time of the last shuttle from town to a little later. I absolutely loved this place and can't wait to go back in the future! The Fiesta Americana will always be my first choice!

Room Tip: Book early! All ocean front and great views. No matter where you are, just call for a golf cart!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rondella1
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked a non-smoking king room for a special wknd w my special someone at $340/nt. Check in was easy and all the staff were pleasant. Issue was when we got to the room it was a smoking double. I called the desk to advise of the possible mistake and was told that the hotel does not confirm bed preference and they were full up. I made my way to the manager and was offered an alternate room. We packed our things and relocated to room 454. The room was a double but had a nice view. Shortly after unpacking I opened the sliding glass door to find a pump house immediately below that was so loud it prevented the door being open or enjoying the patio. Worse was the a/c cycled on and off loudly w less than a minute cycles. Not a great experience.

5  Thank Mdaccpc