“Great food, nice change!!!!”

Madeira Restaurant Bistro
Ranked #97 of 597 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I come to cabo for seafood as do most people. This place is a fantastic change of pace for your palette. It's all meat and it's all good. They will just keep bringing it as long as you want it. For some reason the flank steak in Mexico is a better cut than any other. It's no different here. Don't stop before you get some and don't be shy to ask for more.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This restaurant is a great way to take a break from the outstanding seafood and mexican food of Cabo and enjoy expertly cooked red meat the Brazilian way. It is a small place a block off main street and for $22 a person you enjoy a wide selection of grilled meats brought right to your table on a skewer. All tasted delicious expected maybe the lamb leg which was quite strong (I don't think they marinate).
The wine selection is limited but reasonnably priced and the staff is attentive and friendly.
We were there in December when the night temperature was cool so being next to the grill was no problem. However, in Summer I can imagine this place may be hot.
We will definetly go back on our next trip to Cabo.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our waiter Gabriel who is from Uruguay made us feel right at home and very comfortable. His suggestions for the food and wine were right on. We had a great meal and the prices are extremely reasonable, with great value for food and service. It is a small restaurant but has good food , great service, not expensive , is located in downtown Cabo. The owner came over and made us feel right at home. Definitely a must go to place.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Cabo San Lucas. We stayed at Villa Palmar, but did not choose the all-inclusive package so had a chance to experience the restaurants in town. I love to eat the local cuisine, but my husband is not as adventurous. The Madeira Bistro was perfect for both of us. He really enjoyed the variety of meats, and I appreciated the options. The fresh cabbage slaw, prepared before our eyes, featured red cabbage, apples, and a very light dressing. Mayo is not my favorite condiment, so I appreciated the light touch. And the meats were prepared perfectly! The rib eye steak, the sirloin, the turkey wrapped in bacon, the sausage, the chicken wings, the grilled pineapple and bananas were fabulous. All of this for a flat rate of only $24.00 per person. If you would like a change from the local fare, try Madeira Bistro!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went to Madeira for Christmas Eve dinner on our vacation to Cabo, and it was such a good decision! First, the restaurant is small, but we made a reservation but ended up being the only ones there. Very conveniently located right in the middle of town and next to the parking structure.

The food was amazing! We started with some different appetizer type things. Chicken wings, rice, potatoes, bread, and an awesome cole slaw! Then came the meat. YUM! Our favorite was the top sirloin and bacon wrapped turkey. We were all stuffed because you can eat as much as you want of everything!! But we had to save room for the grilled pineapple! So. Delicious. They put cinnamon on the outside and was so so good, we asked them to bring it back over three times! And then...the fried bananas...to die for. So so good. A perfect ending to the meal.

All that being said, the best part about the experience had to have been the service. Our waiter, an older gentleman with a mustache (wish I remembered his name), was fantastic. So attentive, so polite, so welcoming. And at the end of our meal, the owner wanted to open a free bottle of champagne for our family! It was a completely awesome experience and I will tell my family members (who all come to cabo frequently) to stop by, and I will definitely be back!