“Good meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Madeira Restaurant Bistro
Ranked #103 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, South American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
EL Paso
“Good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our first time at Madeira. True, no a/c but fans were placed next to us to keep us cool. As traffic picked up coming from Cabo Wabo some of the fumes from the street wafted around us. But all that aside, it was one of the best meals for the price in cabo. My wife had the sea bass and it was very good. I had the AYCE and the beef was great. The sauage was vey good as well as as the two different salads and mashed potatoes. I have to admit that as much as i enjoyed the different cuts of meat my favoritewas the grilled pineapple. But the time i finished, i thought i would need to be wheeled back to the resort. The wait staff was attentive but very busy as it was a full house. The owner did greet us and thanked us for coming. They take Visa and M/C, so i took advantage of the better exchange rate(charge in pesos) than offered at the Bistro.

• Visited October 2013

San Diego, California
“Go Hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We skipped lunch on the day we planned to eat here! For $22, you get ALL YOU CAN EAT grilled meats, plus delicious sides of garlicky mashed potatoes and cranberry cole slaw! The server will bring a long skewer of different meats to your table, and you pick which ones you want to try, like ribeye, turkey wrapped in bacon, sirloin, sausage, etc.! We ate until we were stuffed! The owner will make sure you are comfortable and explain how the meal works. This is one of the best deals in Cabo! Make sure you take time out from the fresh fish to try Brazilian style grilled meats! You won't be sorry. . .but go hungry!

• Visited October 2013
Beaumont, California
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is our second time eating at the Madeira Bistro. The food was good and the service was excellent. The only negative about the restaurant is that it is not air conditioned and in September it can be hot inside. That being said we would still eat at the restaurant again.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“average food, worst owner ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

saw the good review online, so went there for a Monday dinner.

first, its soooo hot in the restaurant, there is no AC a all, no house water...

second, the meat choice is really limited, and not good cut. Rib eye and top sirloin were ok, other cuts are really bad. Also, the garlic seasoning they put on the meat is not good, I have had much better Brazil BBQ at other place.

Here comes the fun part. After we asked for the check, the owner did some work after the counter, then bring us a handwritten bill. Its a all you can eat dinner 22$ with tax included. Here is what we got
44$ for two dinner
which get converted to 530 Peso
a 84 peso service charge was added, with a total 614 peso
then it got converted to 55$

From 44$ to 55$, I donnot understand why I need to pay 11$ tip, 25%, for a not so impressive dinner. I did not bother to try to figure out how the owner did his math, I just paid 15% tip on top of the 530 Peso, so I left totally 610 Peso, and was leaving the restaurant.

The owner came grab the bills, then he stopped me, and asked me why I did not pay the amount he asked for. I replied that I paid 15% tip, which I think is more than enough for the service we got.

One suggestion for the owner, you should really try to improve the meal quality and service, instead of trying to convert the restaurant to a bank, and earning money by exchanging money.

1 Thank arney80
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So far, best meal at Cabo SAn Lucas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I live in Cabos San Lucas (since March) and so far this is the best meal I have had, The quality of the meat is awesome and the Pineapple is just amazing and desert was great. I don´t think there is a better place for the same value. TRY IT!

• 3 of 5 bubbles