My wife and I were recently on honeymoon in Mexico, and used Cabo as a base before and after a road trip. We are well travelled backpakers, and stayed in five different places in Baja during a 12 day visit. We had seen the Finisterra on Tripadvisor, and thought we'd have a bit of luxury for the last 2 days, and booked a room for $160 per night. Not a massive price for Cabo - but lets be honest, its not cheap is it? We did know that this was a no-sea-view room, but it turned out to be the worst place we stayed. The hotel grounds are very glamourous and the pool and beach are lovely. However, the room was located in a separate builiding, a massive hike from the road. It looked out over the harbour which was quite good, but it really, really stank of sweat. The bedding was not clean(!!), which is actually upsetting after a 12 hour drive! The room was generally dusty, outdated and was without exaggeration not worthy of a 2 star. When we checked out, the guy at reception kept us waiting for our taxi to the airport, for 25 minutes, while someone was checking our minibar stock (which we hadn't touched). We found this to be very disrespectful, and made us even more glad to leave. We did stay in San Jose earlier which was much nicer. We only went to Cabo as we enjoy Scuba Diving, but we would not go back (very much like an overpriced Majorca or another tacky Spanish resort). In summary-don't bother unless you can afford the $300 rooms. (you may get better service too).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas