3,366 results
All reviewsdon diegocupcake cafecupcakeswhale watcher bartortuga beachagave restaurantvip poolwhite partystones clubroyal elite membersfinisterra suiteswim up barmiddle poolocean viewtime shareentertainment teamshort walk to the marina
Reviewed December 7, 2004

Our sixth time returning,we have always enjoyed the beautiful views,cleanliness and politeness of the staff.The proximity to the downtown area is also convenient.This time,however,errors in billing and the length it took to correct them,kept a busload of people waiting for us for 17 minutes even though we had started the checkout process more than a half hour prior to the scheduled departure.A number of people were nervous that they would miss flights because of the length of time it takes to process one's baggage at the airport.
The problem stemmed from our signing off the various bills in pesos and adding gratuities in pesos---well,some of these gatuities were given in dollars and were actually higher than the meals and drinks purchased!And then the red tape ensued..phone calls made,desk staff running around.And time passed...
All this could have been corrected in a timely manner had we received our bill at 6am by sliding it under our door as had been the policy every previous time and as their stated policy received in writing along with our keys this year.
This really put the damper on what could have been an excellent vacation.

• Stayed: December 2004
9  Thank Extraordinary26558
Reviewed December 3, 2004

We went with seven friends and it was the best group vacation we had. Hotel finisterra was very nice. Angel at the activities desk was great help on setting up our activities. You can't beat the fishing in Cabo and there is something for everyone. The service was fantastic and would definitely go back, matter of fact going back in May 2005. Tight lines and enjoy Hotel Finesterra in the one, the only, Cabo baby!!!

Reviewed November 29, 2004

This was one of the worst vacations in the last 15 years! Construction outside, dark bathroom and dressing area, musty carpet and terrible food. Worst of all was reaction of management, who had a "too bad" attiutude. We'd rather go nowhere than return there.

4  Thank sherrywilson
Reviewed November 23, 2004

Finisterra resort was an excellent choice--great place, good service, at an excellent price. The 1,400 sq ft Palapa Beach Club suite is worth the extra money. The hotel has full activities, 3 pools with varied temperatures, swim-up Palapa bar, 7 jacuzzis, and 7 acre beach. You can walk to downtown Cabo, Marina Park, or hike to Lands End and the Arch. There doesn't appear to be a bad room in the place, you can have a view of the Ocean, downtown Cabo, the entire bay and marina, and/or Gulf of California. I'm already planning my trip back!

4  Thank cooper_wf
Reviewed November 17, 2004

I had a weekend trip to Cabo last week. After I'd made reservations, I read the reviews on Finesterra here on Trip Advisor. I have to say, I was leary of some of the things I'd read. I heard the beds were terrible. Well the beds were quite hard, yes....but if they'd throw a pillow-top on thier beds at Finesterra-you'd cetainly have heaven on Earth!
The rooms was spacious, tidy, well-ventilated and had a great view.
The beach was the most beautiful I've seen. It was soooo super quiet and the sand was amazing. I would highly recommend staying at Finesterra just for the location. I noticed that most of the other hotels are not on the Pacific Ocean side, and the beaches there were not as secluded or prestine as the one at Finesterra. You are a short walk from the action, and a short walk from complete seclusion.
I should mention that the food, service, pools and staff are the greatest as well.
Stay here, hard beds or not-I bet you'll love it! I can't wait to go back and stay longer.

7  Thank Holi L