I have been to Cabo San Lucas several times. This year (Jan. 04) I stayed at the Finisterra. Prior to my stay at the Finisterra I always seemed to return home a little dissatisfied. Not with Cabo, but usually with the accomodations or their location. When I take into account a combination of several things, my stay at the Finisterra added up to a 5 star rating. The Finisterra is a very well maintained property with a finely manacured landscape. There is a "new" and "old" side. I stayed in the "old" side and loved it. I had a nice size room with a wrap around balcony. Views of both the marina and the Pacific. The room also featured a kitchenette (fridge and micro). It was very clean and the A/C cold.
I have never seen a better pool area in Cabo and the pool opens up to the only stretch of private beach near town (NO SOLICITORS!), because the pool area is so wonderful it seems the beach is always vacant. There are plenty of chairs that the maids seemed to be constantly wiping off with disinfectant. You can walk along the beach and take an easy climb (follow the well worn path) to Lover's beach. No water taxi needed.
There is and excellent bar and restaurant on site that has tremendous views and great food. Best of all the Finisterra is a very short walk to town (Location, Location, Location). Some of the best restaurants in town are along the road just below the hotel. The Finisterra sits atop a hill overlooking the Pacific and the marina. This means that there is a short uphill walk to reach the entrance. You can look at this as a negative aspect, but for me it's just about the only exercise I get while I'm there. So I learned to enjoy it as a means of burning off some of the dinner or drinks I'd just consumed before returning home for the evening. The hill can considered negative but there is a shuttle the runs up and down the driveway from the hotel entrance if you choose to keep all those hard earned calories! The Finisterra does advertise a gym on site, I found it contained some old outdated equipment and was very small. Don't plan on staying current with your exercise routine just take a little time off and enjoy yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas