3,362 results
All reviewsdon diegocupcake cafecupcakeswhale watcher bartortuga beachagave restaurantvip poolwhite partystones clubroyal elite membersfinisterra suiteswim up barmiddle poolocean viewtime shareentertainment teamshort walk to the marina
Reviewed October 14, 2004

My Husband and I stayed at the Finisterra Sept. 17-21 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We went all-inclusive. We stayed in the Palapa section of the hotel and were pleased with the room. The view was awesome and I thought the beds slept good (I saw a few reviews that weren't pleased with the beds). If you like to drink all-inclusive is the way to go!! The Palapa Bar does not hold back on the alcohol that they put in drinks. The only complaint that I had was the attitude of some of the waiters in the Whale Watcher Bar. They always seemed too busy to help us. The place was not crowded and we were told by a number of people that this was their slow time of year. We had one waiter that was VERY RUDE (we referred to him as Crabby-Patty). When we went to the bar we just watched what section he was working and sat somewhere else. Overall we very much enjoyed our time at the Finisterra. It is very close to the marina and the hill is not as bad as some people mentioned (plus they have a shuttle that will carry you down or back up!). On a side note: If you plan to go fishing and want to carry the fish back on the airplane with you carry a "hard" cooler with you. The coolers in Cabo are outrageously priced! Finisterra will wrap and freeze your fish until you are ready to go. We had a good time and I would recommend Finisterra to others!

4  Thank Beachn
Reviewed September 25, 2004

We stayed 6 days. The 5th thru the 11th. We found the Finisterra wonderful. We were all inclusive and had no problems at all. Everyone was nice, room service was prompt and Tammy, the hostess, was a dream! We will be going back next year and taking our grown children. Yes, we will stay at the Finisterra again.

1  Thank Compass16210
Reviewed September 21, 2004

Me and my girlfriend spent this past Labor Day down in Cabo. We spent 5 nights at Finisterra, and opted for the all-inclusive package in the new section of the hotel. I had read a lot of reviews on Finisterra before we went down there, and the majority of the reviews were very positive. When we got there, the room appeared fairly clean, and besides the extremely dimly lit bathroom, the appearance was fine and what I expected. It was the smell of the room that made the hotel so disappointing. It smelled like my college dorm-room... like a wet, cold basement... like mildew. We didn't ask anyone else if they had a similar problem, but I suspect they all smelled that way. Granted, we were on a beach in Mexico so I'm sure that's a little expected, but the smell was overwhelming, and only got worse when we turned on the AC. I never realized how much the smell of a hotel room could effect my overall comfort on the vacation, but it certainly did.

Other than that, the only other bad thing I can think of with the hotel was the miserably uncomfortable bed. It was possibly the hardest bed I've ever tried to sleep on. We had a king bed, and we were in the new section, so I'm not sure what the other reviews were talking about. Although, I actually slept on the sofa one night because my back was hurting from sleeping on the bed. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night, because the sofa wreaked of mildew.

I was so disappointed with the room because it really did have a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean, and if it weren't for the smell and the bed, it would have been very nice (4 or 5 star). The swim-up pool was as expected, although you don't really have a view of the ocean from the pool. We never had a problem with the all-inclusive package. We ordered breakfast in our room every morning, and the Wale Watcher Bar and Blue Marlin were all included too. We tipped well, and most everyone was friendly. That package was very much worth it.

The hotel is close to the marina, and about a 20 minute walk to the mall. The hill everyone talks about is a little exaggerated. It's not that bad. You can't swim on the beach at Finisterra because the waves are ridiculous (~5-10 ft all the time) and they crash directly on the shore. But I didn't consider that a big deal because the pools were right there. You can see the Milky Way at night. Cabo really is a beautiful place.

I won't be staying at the Finisterra the next time I go to Cabo. However, if someone can convince me that not every room smelled that way, and that not all the beds are like rocks, I may reconsider... and do it all-inclusive again.

6  Thank rkinney34
Reviewed September 15, 2004

My husband and I just returned from a 6 night stay at the Finisterra, in celebration of our 1st anniversary. We opted for the all-inclusive package. While we did have a few relatively minor issues, it was overall a pleasant experience. The location is great- it's a short walk to the marina, popular bars and restaurants. Mendo Beach and Lovers Beach are easily accessible by water taxi. The grounds and pools are visually appealing and very well maintained. While the front desk staff were not rude, they were far from welcoming. There was some kind of confusion when we checked in, and they put us in the wrong room so we had to move. Our room was large and clean and there was a nice view from the balcony. Although it wasn't a huge problem for us, apparently they don't have rooms with king size beds in the new section. The bed was not one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The mini bar, if you would call it that was worthless. We were not provided with a "do not disturb" sign, so we woke up to housekeeping knocking on the door early every morning. Check out is noon, and we were rushed out on our last morning. The food was better than we expected, and their menus offered a nice variety of choices. The view from the Whale Watcher bar is spectacular, and they provided us with binoculars which made it even more enjoyable. The wait staff are friendly, but the service was a bit lacking. We tipped well, but that didn't seem to make too much of a difference. We are both 34 and enjoy free-flowing drinks on our vacations. They definitely delivered in that area. Overall, we felt that the Finisterra offered an above average all-inclusive package for the money. We would probably try another hotel the next time in we are in Cabo, but would recommend it to anyone looking for a good deal.

5  Thank Footprints9594
Reviewed September 12, 2004

Stayed @ the Finisterra from 9/3 - 9/10 all inclusive. We stayed in the newer section & the rooms were very nice. We had a garden view room & thought of asking to be moved to an ocean view room, but then again we do not spend many hours in our room when we go away so we decided not to move all of our belongings all the way across the complex. The service @ the pool bar & resturants were very good with great food & drinks. We especially liked the location of the finesterra because of its quick 10 minute walk to downtown. The only drawback or negitive was every time I wanted to convert my U.S. dollars into Pesos @ the front desk, the smallest they had (did not belive them) was 50 pesos. I then started getting 10, 20, & 50 pesos @ the Blue Marlin. I would also like to add that the all inclusive deal is new to the Finesterra & WELL worth it if you & your spouse/friend like to drink. Not to mention the price you would pay for the food!

3  Thank hennyhog